« Back to the Anime Fans Forum

anime are getting popular

Posted by rikka

posted

Forum: Anime Fans Group

i've been in a fandom for more than 5 years now and i feel like something is changing. back than watching animes was strange and cringe...i love how they're getting popular

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Neo

posted

Yeah I totally get this, I first got into anime in about 2009, and it was something I was made fun of in school for liking, but now it's suddenly mainstream and everyone seems to like it?! It's definitely a good thing though, I like seeing more people embrace the genre ^w^

Report Reply

Reply by X_CyAN!D3_X

posted

I've noticed this too! I've watched it since childhood but anime was deffo something that you just did not talk about with anyone unless you wanted to get bullied at school. I'm so glad that alot of people are embracing it now, its honestly amazing to see.

Report Reply

Reply by damien ☆ μ's

posted

ya i witnessed this and it was super weird lol. i got into anime around 2013 and i got made fun of for liking anime but now shows like jjk and demon slayer are popular with 7 year olds and you can buy spy x family merch at old navy. idk how to feel abt it tbh 

Report Reply

Reply by Black Market Stray Cat

posted

i'm not really sure how much i agree; i'd say it's more like only a handful of specific genres and shows get overinflated importance while anything outside of that gets ignored.

i'd argue anime in general was more appreciated in the late 2000s/early 2010s, i felt like a wide variety of stuff all got equally as popular at around the same time, but among a smaller group of people, whereas now even more people are only exclusively into either some shounen series or one popular SoL.

i also can't relate to ever being bullied for liking anime in the past, though that could be because i only really spoke to a small circle of friends while i was still in school. i get bullied by other anime "fans" now, though for liking the wrong series or the wrong characters in the wrong way...

Report Reply