« Romance and Relationships Forum

hypersexuality and how i struggle

it's so fucking hard trying to cope with it, every relationship i have been in has ended up insanely sexual because i keep sexualizing myself. i cant stop thinking about shit like that even when its wrong to, and i always joke it off yet to me it isn't a joke. it's literally emotionally draining and im always tired from soo much shit and this makes it worse, i hate being hypersexual.

how do you guys cope with hypersexuality if you have it?
i'd like to know

Report Topic

15 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Sid

posted

I don’t really think I do cope, it just causes me problems constantly.

I guess the only real way to cope would be to live with it and learn how to handle it, which is easier said than done I know

Report Reply

Reply by alissa!<3

posted

this^^ relate

Report Reply

Reply by Nazaan

posted

Satisfy the craves, if it don't harm

Report Reply

Reply by KiethBlackLion

posted

If it's really that bad the best thing to do would be to talk with a professional therapist. They may be able to help you curb some of the more intense aspects of your problem while still allowing you to find a way to enjoy your sexuality. 

Report Reply

Reply by Boom

posted

I honestly just fap one out in secret and don't bring up too much sex related content until anyone I'm with brings it up first. Then I try to ease people into conversations like that and hopefully it goes somewhere positive.

Report Reply

Reply by terminallyCapricious

posted

i honestly really struggle with that too, and i have a very fucking obessive personality and i desperatky want someone to be able to recipricate irl, but really fucking difficult, because i too have problems commincating, its just shitty asf yk?

Report Reply

Reply by lianlian!

posted

omg that sucks, try stopping

Report Reply

Reply by ~ kay ~

posted

i have the same problem. the thing is, most of the time i dont even try to resist the urges. i want to stop but i just cant :/

Report Reply

Reply by haya ౨ৎ

posted

i used to have it /:

and i coped in really unhealthy ways

eventually i started trying to heal and focus more on myself and break my bad habits 

it worked out eventually but we all have our ups and downs 

my advice would be try to understand why this is happening and think of ways you can heal from it, try setting boundaries and if you feel comfortable enough, tell your future partners about it, i know it can feel really icky & kind of scary when you tell them, but they'll be able to help you through it 

also dont be too hard on yourself, it's not your fault, being hypersexual is not a death sentence, you CAN and WILL get through this <3

i hope this helped you!!

yours alluringly, 

haya xx 

Report Reply

Reply by P#ppymutt:3

posted

Yoz for me, I’m kind of just taking small steps and trying to slowly improve it’s been years that I’ve been dealing with it and it’s absolutely terrible and I can relate to that so much I mean at one point, it was so bad that I was doing it almost 3 times a day to the point that I bled however I have improved and it has been hard whether that be trying to find distractions, which is really goddamn hard or trying to at least give myself tasks to try and make it through a couple days it’s gotten to the point where it’s only about two times a week and I’m trying to get to my goal of only doing it on periods bc that’s the only time it doesn’t hurt or feel uncomfortable for me but still, I get what you mean man.

Report Reply

Reply by XxAl1xxX

posted

I understand what this is like, since i struggle with this too. I don't really have like a professional that i can talk to about this and it really sucks. I recently got into a relationship and he is kind of the opposite of me, he rarely does stuff and is inexperienced, and it makes me feel bad whenever i bring up stuff to him about it (intenseguilt.mov)

But it really has been hard to cope lately because i relapsed because of it (SH) but he's trying to talk to me and help me cope more. (pretty much by keeping my mind occupied with conversation and memes lol).

I really hope i can keep getting better, and i hope everyone who suffers from hypersexuality is able to move past it somehow/cope with it in a healthier manner

Report Reply

Reply by Celestia

posted

I may be a bit biased, (im a hypersexual christian) but prayong definitly works

Or, if youre non religious writing your thoughts down then ripping up the paper works great too!!! Trust me its hard, ive been struggling since age 6, but things will get better

Also, talking to the sewerslide hotline helps!! hope you feel better honey!!<333

Report Reply

Reply by Tyler i guess

posted

hypersexual aaaaaaaannnndd sex repulsed 

i just jackoff all teh time ig 

Report Reply

Reply by Allegra<3

posted

personally for me ive had trouble in relationships escpecially due to the fact that im so open to all sorts of affection its def easy for people to take advantage of that.. It also gets in my way as i have hypersexuality due to s/a at a young age i cling to affection and approval from people and it get in my life on a daily basis

Report Reply

Reply by Tyler i guess

posted

idk what I'm gonna do with relationships i wanna stay aro for my own sanity but it would be cool to find a domme/mistress who isnt gonna go crazy with touch but does voice work or hypno like thats about as much sex as I can handle

Report Reply