« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Red filter on friend images

Hello!

I've been trying to make my friend list images fit the overall layout of my profile page but i just can't seem to find a way to make it look right...

I want it to look somewhat (made the image in GIMP) like this but i just can't figure it out on my own.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
absentChronicler

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by EngiQu33ring

posted

It isn't perfect, but this should help get you started at least:

.friends-grid .person {
background-color: rgba(256, 0, 0, 1);
margin: 3px;
}

.friends-grid .person img{
mix-blend-mode: multiply;
}
It sets the background of all .person objects to a deep red color and then has the browser blend the background color with the contained img. To lighten the intensity, you can adjust the RGBA settings.

I'd recommend trying to find a way to address the specific <a> element the img is held inside of (setting the background-color of the img doesn't work as it has to blend with the color of a parent object)

I'll mess around with this a little more when I have some time and see if I can figure out the container, but I can't make any promises. Cool idea with filtering the friends images!

Report Reply

Reply by absentChronicler

posted

Aye thank you, I tried doing something like this after i realized that playing with filters just wouldn't work. I guess i could work on it when I get home today maybe it'll work out in the end.

Have a nice day, I really like your profile!

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

-I think I've made the best robot yet. I don't know what else to say about it, it just seems to be doing what it's programmed to.

I don't have any problem at all with it. I just can't see it as being the right size for a human being to have a good time.

I just don't like the idea of making a robot with human parts and it seems to be a bit of an issue. I'd love it if you could help.

"Hey there! It's a human-like looking humanoid robot that you've created for a living!"

It's got all of these features, but the human part isn't really there. I've tried making it a bit larger and I think it might look like this but I can see no way of making it feel right...I don't know if i can do anything but help out and make sure it looks right. I don't think you'd do that, I think you would have a robot like me that you could just make.I'm not really a big fan, so i just thought it was a great idea, but you can see the problem here, you have to make it fit your needs.

I'm trying out a few of the things that you mentioned, and they are all pretty great and I'm happy that they work, and i'm glad i'm not having a robot that is a bit smaller than me, because that's just not my style...

I've also tried making it a little more humanoid with a few things, and they are great and i like it a lot more, and it's not like it's too big, so i think that would be great for the design, but it's not the best for me at all.

If anyone would have any advice for making your own robots for a living please feel free to send me a note, I

Report Reply

Reply by SimonWhiteheadds

posted

An essential component of any contemporary company toolset, signnow.com provides a sophisticated eSignature solution that raises the bar for contract administration. Create reusable templates out of your papers to save time while getting them ready for signers. 

Report Reply

posted

I believe that everyone should pay at least one visit to the website pdf-editing. Is there anything like this on the internet now? There are none at all!

Report Reply

posted

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.Information Technology Resources

Report Reply

Reply by xipilij412

posted

And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers Sobha Crystal Meadows

Report Reply

posted

Some really quality blog posts on this site, saved to fav.โรงงานผลิตสบู่

Report Reply

posted

I went over this website and I think you have a lot of great info , saved to bookmarks (:.Local reggae bands

Report Reply

posted

Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information.Tent Rentals

Report Reply