« SpaceHey Forum

Do you think Spacehey will become even more popular or will it be just a fad?

Posted by Elysia

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

Not even joking, I feel like Spacehey might become the next big thing. 

With all the troubles going on in the world right now, I think everyone needs a break from the toxic, propagandist and ad-filled Social Media platforms. I think we as a society are aware of how messed up the internet became, more or less. Just hoping that this website won't end up being bought by Meta. This feels like a breath of fresh air to me. 

What do you think will be the future of Spacehey?

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by NosyCat

posted

That's hard to say. People keep coming, but activity isn't picking up. Development continues, too. It's getting better all the time. I'm still sort of waiting to see what happens. I'm hopeful, not that it helps any, but this is a good place.

Report Reply

Reply by EngiQu33ring

posted

SpaceHey goes through periods of high activity followed by almost no activity and I don’t think that’s likely to change any time soon. A large part of this is due to users who join for a few days, don’t like the format of the site, and leave. Another part of it is that people create posts and then never interact with anyone else’s.

That said, I also don’t think SpaceHey is a “fad” either. Plenty of sites have a small but active user base and continue on for years. We don’t have to exist within the dichotomy of “the next big thing” and “the next big flop”, we can just sorta vibe and do our own stuff

Report Reply

Reply by ren

posted
updated

I'm not really sure how it's gonna go. Considering it's been up for a couple years, Itll surely continue to grow, but not all 500k people are active anyway. Like the other person said, some people create an account, realize they don't like the site, and leave. I personally hope that it takes off because it seems like a really fun place to be! I just hope they increase moderation because of the trolls and old people on here.

I've only come across a few, but I know that there's sure to be some unsuspecting kids that could get involved with some dangerous people.

Report Reply