« Back to the trading card games Forum

how are engines found?

ok sure i only play casually but that doesn't mean im a bad player anyways i decided to talk about this thinking back on an argument i had with a yugioh snob who criticized my P.U.N.K deck for minor things like being over 40 cards (which btw it's not even over by much) but he said something that kinda ticked me off he criticized it for being a pure P.U.N.K deck instead of running these cards along side the already established cyber world engine he obviously didn't say it that way but i'm noting that it's already established cuz it ade me realize somthing P.U.N.K is an extremely new archetype so it's going to take some time for people to figure out how to work them well playing a pure P.U.N.K deck i've already found an amazing combo that only works if you are either running a pure P.U.N.K deck or if you're running these cards along side an engine that gives you really good hand advantage i.e. becuase i'm not running any particular established engine i'm figuring out how this deck runs on it's own and how i can use that to my advantage thus finding an engine now here's another deck idea i had that was also criticized malefics/earthbound immortals/signer dragons this is actually my plan for the upcoming synchro fest in yugioh master duel malefics i added in later origonally it was just going to be earthound immortals and signer dragons now i'm sure someone has figured this out already besides myself but malefics and earthbound immortals mesh really well with each other due to both having the same rules this deck is well over 40 cards it hit 60 and theres good reason for that malefics are about special summoning by removing listed material from the deck and banishing said material i have cards in this deck that play around with my banished pile and my graveyard since i'm running signer dragons and malefics stardust dragon often gets banished so return him to the graveyard i then also have a trap that can summon him from the grave yard but also this works for earthbound immortal greater linewalker who can be special summoned if you have a syncro in the graveyard and on the field also for the malefics i have magical mallet which is how i return material to the deck that's only there for the summon of malefics speaking of because i'm running blue eyes and red eyes for malefic materials i also have kidmodo dragon to keep those cards from being bricks i'm also running a few other cards for the same reason now the issue with earthbound immortals is they're high level monsters they are hard to summon as a result so many cards in the deck are to make summoning them easier i can banish cards from the graveyard to summon them i can sacrifice my opponents monsters i can create tokens with one of the field spells that are mandatory to run since the effect of both malefics and earthbound immortals say they destroy themselves if a field spell is not on the field and the funny thing is despite how many "competitive" deck building rules this deck breaks it's a really consistent deck it's actually getting harder to find issues i need to fix with it now and the only reason i was able to make this deck work is cuz i decided to experiment and figure out where the kinks that need to be ironed out are so this brings me to my conclusion how are engines found? experimentation and running what you want that's how personally i don't think this even needs to be said if you play any other card game you know that figuring out deck building is a big part of it but yet somehow yugioh players have sunk to a if you don't play meta prepare to be clapped mindset that cause them to net only the most successful decks and never build a deck of their own which is really sad to be honest cuz it hurts the game in general how much support do you think the new P.U.N.K archetype is going to get later on down the road if all people associate it as is a support for a completely different archetype? i mean may as well support that other archetype right? and that's what konami will likely do instead and this is how we've gotten to a point where almost nothing new is ever put into the game just a ton of support for what already exzist which contributes to a power creep issue that's just my take on it anyways what are some crazy engines you've found? doesn't have to be yugioh obviously i didn't really say to much about my engines but it's cuz i didn't want to be here all day saying why i'm running each individual purposeful card (my P.U.N.K deck does have a card i threw in for the fun of it but isn't important to the strat) but yeah i'm interested in hearing different engine types from other games as well especially you pokemon players out there cuz i know that my own pokemon deck doesnt do anything too crazy until the energy cards are in place

Report Topic

0 Replies