« Helping each other Forum

Words of kindness and support (Pass it on.)

This thread is specifically to drop words of wisdom, support and kindness to one another. There had been many times I was faced with situations that I needed words of support to move on and find solutions to work through. It can be anything, whether it's just a simple "Hey, you are a pretty cool person. Don't worry what the brain matter is telling ya, keep being cool." or just a note to express some wisdom you learned along your way in life. Here's a bit of my own to share with the world here.

"Never think yourself less than another person. You might not be a good fit for them, but that doesn't mean you aren't a perfect fit for someone else."

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by root

posted

No matter what the fuck is going on, you can persist. Even when it seems like you can't possibly make it, lest you draw your last breath, you will wake up tomorrow with the ability to do something. As long as you can act you can change your situation and the situation of others. Do not give up and you will get through it, somehow. 

Report Reply

Reply by Beau

posted

You are your first priority.

Take care of yourself, first. Love yourself, first. Be happy and content with yourself, first.

And then life will come easier. Finding joy in life starts with finding joy in yourself, and accepting you for who you are. Partners and relationships will be happier if you learn to be pleased with yourself first.

Hope this message helps someone <3

Report Reply

Reply by Kai :p

posted

Things may be hard right now but you can do it. 

You should know we are all proud of you, no matter what. Don't give up, you can do it! I know you can. No matter what or who tries to hold you back keep pushing forward, don't let the toxicity of others keep you from having an amazing day <3

-Alien

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

ppl always try to be bigger n better than u, but u should make others feel like ur equal to them !

Report Reply

Reply by faekal_matter

posted

Hi! Guess what! You can't always be there for someone! And in order to be the best you can be you need to take care of yourself and set boundaries! 

A few years ago a prompt in group therapy came up asking how we can be there for someone while in a bad mental state or are struggling to just take care of ourselves. Heres my notes from that; 

Do little things like send them memes when theyre sad.

Text reminders that you love them/to remember meds/to eat etc..

- Send the following, whether it be in chunks or just a few things, based on your judgement

First things first coping methods

- Wall Push (good for when youre angry or have a lot of nervous energy); Find a spot on the wall and brace against it with two hands and firmly planted feet. Push it as if it could actually move if you used enough weight. Pay attention to the pressure of your hands against the wall and the stretch in your legs. Feel it.

- Square breathing; inhale 5 secs, hold 5 secs, exhale 5, hold 5, repeat.

- A grounding exercise; Name 5 things you can see. 4 you can touch. 3 you can hear. 2 you can smell. 1 you can taste. Name them one by one.

- Body Scan (version 1); Start with your feet. Tense and relax the muscles. Continue slowly to your legs, torso, arms, neck/head. Feel your body reacting. Holding and letting go. 

- Body Scan (version 2); Version 1 in addition to visualizing a ball of energy. In your hands, above your head, in your heart.. wherever you want. but its yours. Picture it expand and compress or glow bright as you breathe. With each slow breath comfortable to you, send a ball of energy to a part of your body. Tense and relax. What do your feet feel like in your shoes or on the ground? What does your back feel against that chair youre in? 

- Belly breathing; This one is recommended by both therapists and pulminologists (lung doctors). Best laying down. Put your hands or something heavyish on your stomach. Breathe with your diaphram and watch/feel your stomach rise and fall. As you breathe in it should go up, and down as you breathe out.

Hotlines

Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (2433) – Can use in US, U.K., Canada and Singapore

Help Finding a Therapist: 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)

National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8245)

Crisis Help Line – For Any Kind of Crisis: 1-800-233-4357

National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

Alcohol/Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP(4357)

National Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663

Pregnancy National Helpline: 1-800-356-5761

Gay & Lesbian National Support: 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)

The Trevor Helpline (For homosexuality questions or problems): 1-800-850-8078

Panic Disorder Information and Support: 1-800-64-PANIC (1-800-647-2642)

Eating Disorders Center: 1-888-236-1188

Parental Stress Hotline: 1-800-632-8188

Report Reply

Reply by LITTL'MX.PR0TAGA

posted

You can do it! :))

Report Reply

Reply by Aitherios.

posted

ur loved <3 and if anyone needs to talk but doesn't have anyone, my dms are always open :D 

Report Reply

Keep going don’t give up. I know life can be unpredictable. But you got this. It will be okay.

Report Reply