« Back to the Autism Community Forum

Introductions

Posted by Syrk

posted
updated

Forum: Autism Community Group

Upon joining this group, you are welcome to use the following format to share about yourself and anything else you'd like to add:

(Username/Age/Pronouns. About you.)

Mine, for example:
Syrk/23/They/Them. I'm a content creator and one of my favorite hobbies is playing video games. I have level two autism.

Report Topic

24 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by pink_9320

posted

pink here. / 17, diagnosed with asperger's when i was 7 but prefer to call myself an autistic person (or autist). / also self-diagnosed with adhd. / my pronouns are he/him. /

if you don't mind questions in this thread, would you consider this community meant for general discussion among autistic people regardless of the relevance to the topic of autism? / it seems obvious but i want to make sure. /

Report Reply

Reply by Syrk

posted

@pink_9320 Off topic is perfectly fine

Report Reply

Reply by Gemma

posted

Gemma/15/they/them. I'm trying to get an ASD diagnosis. My special interests are drawing and My Chemical Romance :)

Report Reply

Reply by SPR1NKL3Z DA SC3N3 K1D

posted
updated

hi hey hello!!! i go by sprinkles, he / she / they + neos!! im self-diagnosed with autism and adhd! :33 my special interest is HETALIA!!! :3 i love anime in general, 2000s scene kid stuff, nightcore, "bad" amvs and making OCs / self-inserts!! im also a reality shifter but i havent shifted yet Dx

Report Reply

Reply by Isabellathegreat56

posted

Hi i'm Isabella. I'm a girl and use she/her pronouns. I have been researching autism for 2 years now and my parents wont let me get diagnosed. I have to live with being unsure about myself. My hobbies are video games (vr twd onslaught, the last of us, roblox). I love music (Princess Chelsea, TV Girl, Crystal Castles).

Report Reply

Reply by Didrick

posted

Didrick/41/He, him. I've never been officially diagnosed as autistic but I suspect I am somewhere on the autism scale, closer to fully functional autistic but nonetless with traits that I have in common with many other autistic people. When I find a specific subject of interest, I can become completely obsessed about that one thing/topic for weeks, months, heck even years. And my interests are also randomly all over the place, where I know quite a lot about palentology (dinosaur species in particular and how they lived), seismology (I love to discuss natural disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis, how they happen, all the technical details surrounding this and how they affect the areas they hit), music terminology (such as BPM = Beats Per Minute and keys of songs, I am a hobby DJ who loves to do EDM/Pop mixsets) so there are my broad interests haha. I'm a socially awkward introvert (which also ties into my autism) and I'm usually not one to initiate a conversation with strangers but if others make the first move and we get talking, chances are I'll suddenly make one of the above things a topic and babble away even if the other person thinks it's weird, or they might even find it fascinating how I know this stuff. Most of it is self learned either through books or on the internet. In school I was too restless and studying under a strict schedule and deadline was not for me,  I feel that I learn better when I am in control of the time spent learning on my own.

So there you have me...I'm a weird loner who likes to dabble with my own random stuff but hopefully this groups serves as a great place to hang out with likeminded people! :)

Report Reply

Reply by Samuel Travis

posted
updated

Samuel here, 31, he/him. I'm interested in Mylar Foil Balloons. Hard Trance etc eletronic music from around 1997-2003. I'm also interested in 1970s/1980s architecture. I was diagnosed with autism at age 14 in 2005.

Report Reply

Reply by mel

posted

HI my name i melissa i am 44 i know i am on the spectrum and have taken adhd meds in the past but my family doesn't believe in labels bc i went through college.  i am extremely shy i cry with my sister all the time she helps me fit in with my family gatherings whether i am being socially awkward all the time and family members seem to be weird about that.  i love history, i studied wwii history african american history i love all history. started in grade school when i did a book report on egypt and got an a on it i was hooked then it was on to space history salem history etc.  being on the spectrum it is hard for me to read but thank goodness for audiobooks and the app libby.  another thing is that i am stuck inside alot bc of this diagnosis i have tremors as a side effect from meds.  oh i love listening to soundtrack music.  please add if you are 18 or older and feel we can be friends on here.  thanks for having this group.

Report Reply

Reply by Elsie

posted

Yooo! I'm elsie and I am in the middle of an autism assessment. I struggle more with the sensory and meltdown side rather than the social side. I am currently asking my school for accommodations since i have 0 atm. I have many special intrests including snakes. And I  did have one till he got an 3at1ng d1s0rd3r :(

Report Reply

Reply by Elsie

posted

Yooo! I'm elsie and I am in the middle of an autism assessment. I struggle more with the sensory and meltdown side rather than the social side. I am currently asking my school for accommodations since i have 0 atm. I have many special intrests including snakes. And I  did have one till he got an 3at1ng d1s0rd3r :(

Report Reply

Reply by daniel

posted
updated

hello i'm daniel,16y.o,i'm trans and i go by he/him pronouns.i'm kinda sad that i cant tell surely what level of autism i am,bc i can't be diagnosed at the moment... but i remember to do a bunch of virtual tests online and they said medium level i think.. i am so sad my parents and no one noticed autism symptoms in me..i literally had to diagnose myself,i think i am only diagnosing myself when i turn a adult :/.

well,i am going to  say things i like,hehe, i loove jokes!!i laught a lot with them!! my favourite music genres are rock and eletronic,but i listen to eletronic most of the timess

my special interest are crystal castlesssssssss

i love bubbles !! funny cartoon sounds,i like it when people play child's games with me,i feel like a 10year old!!!^^ i really like cartoon figures,an example,i really love hello kitty,always liked

i dont like noisy places,i have auditory sensitivity. oh i think this is getting big :(

but if you want to know more about me,send me a message!!

i love to talk!!

im brazilian btw!!

Report Reply

Reply by Rose Anthoney

posted
updated

Hello there!

I'm Rose Anthoney, 31 she/her or whatever you like. (afab, fem presenting, but I've realized many of my masking techniques are masc and my perception isn't really from a set lense.)

PDA and HSP profiles with overlapping ADHD and OCD. Recovered from BPD and working through the CPTSD.

I was diagnosed with BPD around 15-17 and have spent quite some time repairing the brain damage that occured from spending far too long in abusive and invalidating relationships and situations.
Through rebalancing my hormones, histamine levels and working hard on remyelination, I am officially "recovered" from BPD.

Throughout my recovery, I developed an obsession with Mental Health, Neurology and Microbiology. After years of research, I finally came to terms with the fact that I am definitely on the spectrum and always have been, and missing that and continuing through burnout to the point of psychosis multiple times is what's led to my brain being wired as it is.
I've always been a toe-walking raptor-armed excitable gifted child, and I am so glad to have found my people.

I hope to make a few friendos here, so please feel welcome to reach out if you're looking for friends or need support. I know how hard it can be to connect with people sometimes, so please know I care about you.

You deserve a happy, healthy life.

Report Reply

Reply by beast

posted

Im Koa, im 13, and i use he/him pronouns! I am on the autism spectrum (ofc) and i may have ADHD. My special interests are Borzoi Dogs and TMNT, i al still figuring myself out ;(

Report Reply

Reply by james / peter ★

posted

hihi im james/peter. i go by he/him im 18 and just recently diagnosed autistic ! i have a special interest in spider-man and whale sharks !!!!

Report Reply

Reply by neptune ^_^

posted

HIIIok my names neptune im 13 i use it/idol/spark prn im trans ftm bi + poly ummm hiiiii im autistic + adhd and a liiiittle delulu LOL im an irl….. ;w; aanywayz i hope 2 make some friends here !!!!

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕮𝖆𝖙𝕭𝖔𝖞★

posted

I'm Cat.

I don't really like talking about myself but I'm a good listener.

I'm level 1 autistic and adhd (diagnosed).

My age is around 14-20. My pronouns are he/him, but if you call me something else I probably won't mind.

I have been obsessing over the same fictive world from the last five years so I don't have a lot of interests. If you want to know about me just check my bio ig.

I'm pretty chill with mostly everyone so don't be afraid to hmu, even though I take some time to respond.

♣️

Report Reply

Reply by Milosh☆

posted
updated

Hi I'm Mila!! (You can call me Milosh too it's a nickname) im self diagnosed I've been doing searches for 1 year I think?  I'm gender fluid and my pronouns are she/her they/them he/him ^^

My special interests/ hyperfixations are;

Coraline, crime cases/books , music , drawing , playing the drums ( idk if this is a special interests lol), metal family, jellyfishes!! Also there are some bug skin that I collect but I can't call it a special interest because I dont know anything about them I just collect them because it's really pretty so yea

(There are some hyperfixations that sometimes comes in disappears in a short time, so I didn't write them but you can find them in my page ^^)

Report Reply

Reply by レイン3ko

posted
updated

i'm lain, 15 (almost 16), any pronouns and been waiting on an ASD diagnosis for... two years (″ロ゛) i hate the uk. most of the professionals i've talked to though have recommended getting checked for it and the people carrying out my assessments say i probably have it. i also think i may have BPD and/or ASPD

i'm seeing people talk about their symptoms, so here! when i was a toddler, i was extremely defiant and sensitive to environments and instructions. i showed a lot of symptoms back then, and as i got older i became socially awkward at best. literally incapable at worst. i said i didn't want friends but even if i'd put in the effort it probably wouldn't have worked very well. i only befriended boys through primary school because they were blunt and straight-forward and i did not know how to communicate with girls. additionally, i was a picky eater and had like 10 million copies of the same outfit in different fonts, and was DEEPLY INVESTED in many fandoms to a concerning degree. in secondary school for the first two years i was bullied so badly that i taught myself how to mask, and now i'm pretty popular. but i still deal with social anxiety, tunnel vision and special interests, overstimulation, understimulation, meltdowns, rejection-sensitive dysphoria, food and clothing texture issues. even smaller symptoms like no / too much eye contact, not smiling back at people, irritability and distress at particular tastes sounds etc, stimming, bluntness, lack of empathy, routines, non-specific accents, lack of communication and not being able to "read between the lines"

TW as for BPD (and ASPD), i fit almost fully into the 9 symptoms on the DSM-5, and i've seen someone diagnosed elaborate on the criteria and what they feel like and that applies to me too. fear of abandonment, repetitive unstable relationships, shifting and unclear self image, impulsive and self-destructive behaviours, self harm and suicidal behaviour, extreme short-term mood swings, anger, paranoia / hallucinations and chronic feelings of loneliness and emptiness. i couldn't recognise these signs at first because i held everyone at arms length (including, and especially people i dated) so all i knew were the mood swings, trauma background (+ family history), self image and self destruction. the codependency aspects would relate to my family members and certain friendships. the fear of abandonment applies to my relationships now too though and everything can unfortunately cause manipulative behaviours. for ASPD, i've always struggled a lot with empathy and manipulation. unfortunately, it's really easy. disregard for "normal social behaviour", difficulty sustaining long-term relationships, difficulty controlling anger, not learning from mistakes, impulsivity, and repetitively breaking the law. i don't have remorse, i am incapable of planning ahead etc. etc. 

Report Reply

Reply by Dinic 💫

posted

my name is Dinic! I'm an adult self-diagnosed autistic who's been sef-dx'd for 9 years! I'm in a multiple system and I'm otherkin! I love the old internet and such, and prefer the slower pace of forums!

Report Reply

Reply by cayden....

posted

hii im liz im 8teen, i use he/it pronouns, and im enagegd! i am in the process of getting a diagnosis, but i suppose for now just self diagnosed ^_^ im offically diagnosed with adhd!!

Report Reply

Reply by rosea

posted
updated

Rosea/ 16 (turning 17 this year)/ She/Her/ Self-diagnosed autistic. Planning to get a formal diagnosis when I turn 18. 

My special interests currently are: Roselia, bangdream, biology, physics, and autism.

Report Reply

Reply by ellalala<3

posted

hii! i'm ella, 21 years old, my pronous are she/they:3 i collect everything that interests me, so...a lot of things(˃ᴗ˂) i'm currently getting professionally assessed for autism, but i suspect i also have ocd, time will tell i guess:> some of my favorite things are: fnaf, trinkets, sanrio, video games, music, japan, animals (my cat) and simple-to-make food!

i started struggling a lot with keeping my life together when i moved out from my family's home. i didn't know i was probably autistic until a couple months later when i hit burnout, so that's when i started researching and found things i related to more than anything else. but now i'm getting support in starting a job, and i'm seeing the psychologist who is assessing me so i feel pretty good rn^^

Report Reply

Reply by J4D3

posted
updated

my name is jade!
my pronounz r she/her
im a diagnosed low support needs autistic
my age range is 13-15
i like a lotta fandoms, music, etc and im sure youll find out by talking to me

Report Reply

Reply by nik 100% REAL NOT FAKE !!!

posted

hii!! my name is nik or calvin i am 15 and my pronouns are it/its or he/him. i am diagnosed w anxiety disorder and depression and am trying to get a professional autism diagnosis. i love true crime, films, good music, video games, and psychology. i am an irl, i am cal gabriel from zero day. i struggle with social interaction and cues, and i’m pretty desperate for friends lul T_T

Report Reply