« Back to the Anime Fans Forum

what's the ugliest anime you've watched?

What's the ugliest anime you've ever watched? By ugly I mean art style wise of course. I tried to watch special A but the legs were so long and I hated the style so much it just threw me off. I also tried to watch Gokudolls but the animation budget was so low it kind of ruined it for me. Any body else have a similar experience?

Report Topic

59 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ascher

posted

Oooh there’s so many styles that… leave much to be desired…but I really can’t stand the anime’s where everyone else is normal… and then all of the main cast that are girls look like aliens because their eyes are THAT big..too many anime’s fall into this.. and I’ll just never watch because if it lol. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ascher

posted

Oooh there’s so many styles that… leave much to be desired…but I really can’t stand the anime’s where everyone else is normal… and then all of the main cast that are girls look like aliens because their eyes are THAT big..too many anime’s fall into this.. and I’ll just never watch because if it lol. 

Report Reply

Reply by AJ( ´・・)ノ(._.`)

posted

Probably Mob Psycho for me. The show is really good but bro they're so ugly.

Report Reply

Reply by karacore

posted

As much as i love Fruits Basket the reboot made me realize how weird some of the characters look.. like they really had my girl Tohru looking like a BUG

Report Reply

Reply by JillyBean

posted

As iconic and amazing as the original Higurashi was, some of the animation left A LOT to be desired ...

Report Reply

Reply by tw1nk b0i

posted

omg definitly [dont get afinded the fans who like this anime] dragon ball z...

Report Reply

Reply by Galestorm

posted

Personally I hate the art style of part 3 of Jojo. It’s just so… angular. I don’t like it. The rest of the parts look fine though

Report Reply

Reply by tanza!

posted
updated

DEFINITELY DEVILMAN CRUBABY besides the fact it's traumatizing the art gets on my nerves

they have chicken legs

Report Reply

Reply by izukopliiz

posted

BORUTO DEFINITELY

Report Reply

Reply by O-ton

posted

Definitely Ex-Arm. 3D anime can be amazing but… man that is some awful stuff. The way the faces move will never leave me and serve as a constant reminder of how much can go wrong when skilled artists are given the wrong jobs.

Report Reply

Reply by kase ⁉️

posted

rent a girlfriend bcs like wtf is that anime

Report Reply

Reply by xXferal_emoXx

posted

my most general answer would be visual novel adaptations from the early 2000s when studios hadn't mastered digital colouring yet. so the anime's art style would be a far-cry from the VN art. the lowest-hanging fruit in this category would be the Tsui no Sora OVA (there used to be a censored version online but I'm p sure it's lost now) since it's a bargain bin budget adaptation of a VN that didn't look amazing either lol

Report Reply

Reply by mei

posted

prison school...

Report Reply

Reply by metanoia

posted

okay so maybe not too popular of an opinion but ik a few people irl who feel the same way,,

i don't really like the style for ohshc,, like it's fitting in some way that i can't really place but it always throws me way off when i see it. not downright ugly or anything,, it just personally cranks the wrong gear in my head to look at the art style lol 

Report Reply

Reply by TheUserPerson

posted

I haven't watched it since it's literally the worst anime of all time but: Abunai Sisters

Report Reply

Reply by TurntechGnostics

posted

Couldn’t handle Popteamepic for the life of me, It seemed like it would be so much fun but it was just sensory overload tbh.

Report Reply

Reply by valbixx

posted

idk if this is a hot take or not but blue period. the characters were drawn poorly in my opinion

Report Reply

Reply by ★ HOMICIDAL CENTIPEDE ★

posted
updated

Omg I’m so glad I haven’t been the only one who saw “Back street girls: Goku Dolls.” Oh my lord,  If y’all don’t know what it is, It’s basically 3 guys being SURGICALLY forced and abused into becoming girl idols. Ntm the art style was so ugly, Like I can draw a stick figure and it would be a better anime then that stupid shit. 

Report Reply

Reply by Marcy<3

posted

Definitely blood c. Like the anime is so confusing and rlly annoying

Report Reply

Reply by GENOSAD

posted
updated

It's not "ugly" so much as it is jarring... Dorohedoro has a lot of moments that look really nice, but then they'll cut straight to a scene that looks so awful in comparison. In any given 5-minute period, I'll see a frame that looks like the coolest thing ever, followed by another frame that looks ugly as hell.

What's worst is that the story really had me hooked, but because I kept getting the whiplash of "this looks so coo- Oh, now it looks like shit," I just couldn't finish it after getting halfway through. It's a real shame, and is honestly worse than an anime that just looks all-around ugly.

Report Reply

Reply by Cat <3

posted
updated

Not necessarily the anime in general js the character design on a few of the characters. (No one come for me plz cuz we all know how the fandom is ) My Hero bro.. it's js the character design for Bakugou, Shinso, and Dabi was js not it for me. Like everyone is simping over them for..what exactly?? Also, the eyes for the female students are so big for no reason, but the general art style for the anime is pretty good in my opinion.

Report Reply

Reply by PsYdUcKfAnXD

posted

"Love tyrant" artstyle is terrible and there is so much fan service. Like wth

Report Reply

OMG BEASTERS, I mean, the anime is good, the cgi its not that bad, BUT SOME ANIMALS LOOKS HORRIBLE, in the manga they dont look like this

Report Reply

Reply by mwalliy

posted

Recuerdo haber visto un anime casi apocaliptico o algo por el estilo, donde (no recuerdo porque) el protagonista recibe algo como un "poder" el cual le permitia controlar literalmente a placer todo a su alrededor en un rango minimo de cobertura. El punto esque el "poder" estaba relativamente ¿bien? pero despúes metieron temas tipo furro y luego el protagonista se mete a tener relaciones sexuales con su hermana ( de sangre) la cual estaba como en un hospital.... lo deje justo ahi y por eso lol

Psdt: Habia una escena que nunca olvido, el protagonista toma de las orejas a una hibrida y la embaraza por eso... WTF?

Report Reply

Reply by puppypropaganda

posted

I think this is a relatively popular opinion among bungo stray dog fans but I'd have to say the Bungo Stray Dogs anime. The manga is beautiful but Studio Bones must have beef with the series or something. I've only watched the first 3 seasons and switched completely over to the manga. I have no intentions of watching the newest seasons because it seems like they've butchered some iconic scenes.

Anyways, most of my beef the art style has to do with the turtle looking mouths, weird side profiles (they give a lot of the characters really defined chins even if they don't have them at all in the manga), and of course the fish eye lens shots that take you out of serious moments. Also the official anime art is ummmm. interesting looking to say the least.

Report Reply

Reply by sk3l3d0llz

posted

someone is gonna hate me 4 this but definitely dragon ball z or one piece.... im sorry the art styles r so fucking ugly i physically cant watch it

Report Reply

Reply by Yeon

posted

backstreet girls, but i recommend it (its on netflix)

Report Reply

Reply by Cy3k0

posted

Ex-arm, it has an interesting story and I really like the manga but the anime definitely shouldn't exist

Report Reply

Reply by acidatom!x

posted

I have to say, zero two. I have no clue why people saw her as “hot” and stuff but she was so..yuck

so darling in the franxx is the worst thing ever in anime

Report Reply

Reply by Bublixie

posted

Rent a girlfriend ong the shittyest anime ever the art is ok but everything else is just... ew

Report Reply

Reply by MaoMao

posted
updated

This is gonna make people mad but I gotta be honest, Naruto has soooooo bad animations even one piece’s animations was 10 times better than whatever Naruto’s was, ngl the story was good 

Report Reply

Reply by JINXBURGER

posted

I love one peice but sometimes the art style makes me cringe- I also refuse to watch 7 deadly sins because the characters are so damn ugly 

Report Reply

Reply by MEL

posted

boko no pico .... I was forced to watch it against my will plz imnotweird I swear

Report Reply

Reply by Sean † Christ

posted

GOTTA be Baki.

Look at this shit it’s fucking horrendous! 

Report Reply

Reply by Kitsune

posted

boku no pico 

dragon ball

im sure i have seen others but i cant remember

Report Reply

Reply by iPodsRlifeXOXO

posted

the newer one piece artstyle

Report Reply

Reply by note2self

posted

In recent memory, FLCL Grunge's style is so jarring to look at/watch

Report Reply

Reply by luffy !

posted

Definitely utsu musume sayuri, its so ugly and sus I cringed throughout the whole time I watched it.

How is it even considered an anime in the first place?

Report Reply

Reply by Valheim

posted

Titans Bride. i got half an episode in and quit. 

Report Reply

Reply by Celine

posted

I JUST CAN'T WATCH ANIMES THAT SOME BODY PART OF THE CHRACTERS ARE GIGANT OR TOO SMALL. Some bl's mangas have this style, like

90s yaoi men really do be built different : r/BadMensAnatomy

WHAT IS THIS?????? 

Report Reply

Reply by Liam Lavoie

posted

I didn't have to watch much of it but i still have trouble forgiving my pal for making me watch some of that ballroom anime. i don't even remember the title but everyone's neck was really uncomfortable

Report Reply

Reply by soapcatboy22

posted

Mirai nikki, chobits, School of death (or of the dead) specially this one bc it's fuuking full of echii and highschool girl gets way too much sexualized...I just wanted to see a cool anime bout zombies and ended disgusted. also that one anime (i dont remember the name) of a junior high LITTLE GIRL who fell in love with HER TEACHER, there was one scene where idk the girl was thanking her teacher for something and then she lifts up her dress...I HATE that anime it's disgusting, I never ended it but I saw that the end was like the girl was now 16 and got in a """legal""" relationship with her teacher. I hate these types of animes, mostly of them I never manage to finish them

Report Reply

Reply by snakeness

posted

If someone answers with anything that isn't "Chargeman Ken", it's not actually that bad.

Report Reply

Reply by amber

posted

bungou stray dogs

the manga is amazing but studio bones did the series so wrong

Report Reply

Reply by mattis

posted

honestly devilman crybaby it was so good but SO ugly

Report Reply

Reply by M

posted

I cannot watch one piece. It looks so bad.

Report Reply

Reply by xxPawlinaPoisonxx

posted

Haven't watched it but the jojo artstyle looks awful

Also didnt really like the dragon ball artstyle

Report Reply

Reply by Bruja Madeleine

posted

one piece... Esos diseños estan feos

Report Reply

Reply by zombie

posted

not really the artstyle. but i jst wanna vent it. basically school days. one of the most horrendous animes ive ever watched. like, if you like it i will turn a blind eye. but i had thought this anime was gonna be wholesome but it was the most ugly, gut wrenching, eye bleaching anime i have ever watched. i beg all of yall to never watch it to keep your sanity but if you're curious like i was im sorry... deeply.

Report Reply

Reply by Aal1y4h

posted

i cant rlly remember what its called in english but i think its something like convenience store boy friend it was so sluggish i couldnt watch past the first ep 

Report Reply