« Back to the The Legend of Zelda Forum

Videogames we have played

Which TLoZ game have you played (or have seen playing)?

I'll start telling you something about the game I played and what I think 'bout them.

• The Legend of Zelda [Nintendo Entertainment System ; 1986]: I couldn't play it, but I've saw an italian youtuber doing it. I actually don't have particular thoughts about it. It was surely a good game for its time. But the respawn point... was hell. Bless the Switch NES emulator for the reverse cheating, LOL. All I can say is a big "Thank you, Miyamoto, for beginning this series".
  • Link's Awakening [Game Boy ; 1993]: good game, but definetely not one of my favourite. I've seen a remake [Nintendo Switch ; 2019] gameplays on YouTube, and yeah. But hey, since I've found my father's old Gameboy, I might buy the game somewhere at a decent price and give it a try.
  • Ocarina of Time [Nintendo 64 ; 1998]: first 3D TLoZ game, it made history for the graphic and for his good story. I'm currently playing the remake [Nintendo 3DS ; 2011] and I'm enjoying it. Since I played Majora's Mask first, I'm getting the thing of recognize OST and characters reversed; it still cool and kind of nostalgic tho. I'll let you know my final opinion when I'll finish it, but for now I find it a nice game. ...I hate the Gold Skultullas.
  • Majora's Mask [Nintendo 64 ; 2000]: the first TLoZ game I ever finished in my life, obvioulsy talking about the remake [Nintendo 3DS ; 2015], and it soon became one of my favourite. It's really amazing, and though the story is not so intricated I still like it and I love how I got attached to every side characther lol. I'm still fixed with the moon children's final sentences.
  • The Wind Waker [GameCube ; 2002]: seen played on YT, a game with a good story and a good sea exploration. I don't mind the cartoon graphics style of this timeline part actually. The OST are perfect to vibe.
  • Twilight Princess [GameCube/Wii ; 2006]: the one with my favourite graphics style. One of my favourite gameplay as well, I love the story and lots of other stuffs. Definetely in my top list.
  • Phantom Hourglass [Nintendo DS ; 2007]: the first game I tried to play as a little kid. Since it was in english, I couldn't understand it as a child (english is not my first language) and I wasn't literally able to get the sword as first quest in the whole game. I retried two/three years ago - I now undestand english better - and started to actually play it, but couldn't finish it due to my R4 problem. I hope I'll be able to continue one day, I was enjoying it and I'd prefer playing it by myself then watch videos on the web.
  • Skyword Sword [Wii ; 2001]: I've seen it on YouTube, and I think this spared me from the commands hell. Besides that problem, I don't undestrad how people can say it's not a good game. It may be more fairy-tale like, especially in the graphics, but it has a well written story as the first game in the series timeline. I could try it now because of the Switch porting, but my memories about the story are still clear and I don't think I will.

• TriForce Heroes [Nintendo 3DS ; 2015]: if any god is out there, please save me. Three-players game based, I play it with my two little siblings when we have free time and they're sending me crazy. But playing it alone is freaking boring, it surely funnier to play with somebody else, so I enjoy it better with them. I think it's not the better game, 'cause it's not based on the story, but it's somewhat funny to play.
  • Breath of the Wild [Nintendo Switch ; 2017]: the series revolution has come. I'm playing it currently (I'm a really slow gamer...), and we all know it's done amazingly for TLoZ standards. Good story, good characters, good secondary things, good scenarios, good all. I doubt it will become my favourite one, but even if I'm not one of those BotW fanatics, I agree it's kinda amazing.
That's all for now. Let me know yours if ya want, I'm curious.

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by klocow

posted

- The Legend of Zelda Minnish Cap (best zelda)

- Ocarina of Time 3D (best 3D zelda)
- Majora Mask  (not played but watched let's play)
- Windwaker (fav gamecube game)
- The Legend of Zelda (1986) (on emulator bcuz it costs more than two kidneys now)
Minnish Cap Enjoyers unite!

Report Reply

Reply by thadiusII

posted

My time to shine I guess hahah. I've played

• The Legend of Zelda
  • The Adventure of Link
  • A Link to the Past
  • Link's Awakening (Remake)
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Majora's Mask
  • Oracle of Ages
  • The Wind Waker (HD version)
  • Minish Cap
  • Twilight Princess (Best game, Wii and Wii U)
  • Skyward Sword (Wii)
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Link's Crossbow Training
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Cadence of Hyrule
  • Age of Calamity
I wonder if I can put this on a resume or something (^-^')

Report Reply

Reply by Oli

posted

- a link to the past

- ocarina of time
- majoras mask (best game of all time imo)
- a link between worlds
- breath of the wild
- skyward sword
- twilight princess
- minish cap
- the legend of zelda
and thats it, i plan to play all of the main titles but almost all of the games on this list are the games im playing right now xD

Report Reply

Reply by Shortcake

posted

Legend of Zelda, Link to The Past, Links Awakening, Oracle of Seasons , Oracle of Ages, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask (my fav), Breath of The Wild, Age of Calamity, Hyrule Warriors, Triforce Heroes, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Four Swords Adventures, Wind Waker, A Link Between Worlds, AND Cadence of Hyrule. I just realized how many ive played.

Report Reply

Reply by Jacob

posted

Lemme sort through the memory bank..

I've played (roughly in order of when I played 'em)

-Phantom Hourglass
-Spirit Tracks
-Wind Waker
-Hyrule Warriors
-Zelda 1
-Adventure of Link
-A Link Between Worlds
-Majora's Mask
-Ocarina of Time 
-Twilight Princess
-A Link to The Past
-Breath of The Wild
-Link's Awakening
-Oracle Duology
-Age of Calamity
-Skyward Sword
-Minish Cap

Kind of a weird order to play them in in hindsight

Report Reply

Reply by Elwynn ☆ Dmitri

posted

Link's Awakening (2019 remake)

Skyward Sword 

Breath of the Wild 

Others:

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition 

Looking to play more in the future!

Report Reply

Reply by Rikki Velez

posted

Games I’ve played. * by the ones I’ve beaten. No particular order:

• Link’s Awakening
  • Ocarina of Time *
  • Majora’s Mask *
  • A Link to the Past *
  • Oracle of Ages/Seasons *
  • The Wind Waker *
  • Twilight Princess *
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Adventure of Link
  • Four Swords
  • Four Swords Adventure *
  • Phantom Hourglass *
  • Spirit Tracks *
  • The Minish Cap *
  • Skyward Sword *
  • The Wind Waker HD *
  • Breath of the Wild *
  • Skyward Sword HD *
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity *

Report Reply

Reply by saturn !!

posted
updated

i’ve played:

- skyward sword ( my absolute favourite zelda game)

- twilight princess ( the feeling of this game is unmatched)

- botw (nostalgic 4 me)

- totk (not finished it yet)

- wind waker (only played a bit but love it)

- a link to the past (LOVE IT)

- spirit tracks (my second favourite after sksw, so cute)

- age of calamity (enjoyed it a lot :3)

i also have a lot of the other games like majoras mask, oot, oracle of seasons and ages and a few others.

Report Reply

Reply by LazyLexy

posted

i've played (based on first to last played)

spirit tracks (love it!)
phantom hourglass
triforce heroes
a link between worlds
ocarina of time 3d
breath of the wild
a link to the past
the oracle games
majora's mask
four swords (anniversary edition)
four swords adventures
zelda 1 and 2
tears of the kingdom

Report Reply

Reply by fl00f_rawra

posted

Majora's Mask is the very top on my list, notably after the last time I played it about a month ago it became my biggest hypefixation lol.

Others I've played:

Ocarina of Time: Simple, and not the greatest title in the series, but it still holds up today. 

Twilight Princess: I'm willing to say this is a close second if I had to place these. It was one of the ones I grew up watching my bio dad play. And after my most recent run (i believe last year), it was still fun to go through. It'll have to be placed in my normal yearly rotation.

Wind Waker: This one is interesting. I remember liking this one most out of any other title. It was probably because it looked silly and neat. Also I was left with watching videos until it got a remake in 2014 when the Wii U released. All that aside, though, Wind Waker is fun and goofy, and a nice change of pace for the Zelda series at the time. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a good "Summer" Zelda, or if you want an overly expressive Link lol

Minish Cap: A hidden gem of the series. Not many talk about this title, and it makes me sad. Give it a shot if anyone who reads this hasn't already.

Spirit Tracks: I want to say this is one of the first Zelda games I've properly beaten. Despite all the negative things people say about this title, I think its still worth a play. I haven't touched it in years, nor have I had a strong desire to, but its still a really cute and silly game. 

Four Swords Adventures: This is another one that could have been the first one I've completed on my own. This one is a bit of an oddball title since the selling point of it was to play with friends. However, when you play it on your own, the experience is still a good one. Its not a hidden gem or anything like that, but if you want an easy zelda game to play that you can complete in a few days. this is it. 

Link's Awakening (Switch Remake): I've never played the original version, but I enjoyed my time playing this version! The way the game looks like a bunch of little toys is so cute to me. I'd have to play it again sometime because it deserved this remake as well as all the respect it gets.

Skyward Sword: I feel like this shouldn't count because I never properly beat it. I know I got as far as fighting Ghirahim for the last time before I gave up. And despite me ragging on the game for a VERY long time, I realized a lot of my gripes with the game was the gameplay rather than the story. Does this mean I'm gonna give it another go? More than likely not. But, I will at least watch others do all that work for me lol

Link Between Worlds: This is one I've played through my years in High School. I know this had a lot of mixed opinions due to it being a complete makeover for A Link to the Past. In my opinion I feel like its a solid game, and worth a poke.

A Link to The Past: This shouldn't count either as I have never beaten this title, but it is on the list. I'll admit I feel ashamed that I tend to forget about this title existing despite it being one of the most beloved by older fans. One day, I'll eventually bet this and give it a proper review. 

Breath of the Wild: Ahh, the first open world Zelda. This one was worth getting hyped about honestly. It was another nice change of pace for the series, and I think it did really well with they brought to the table. However, its still got its own faults. if only it kept the same formula and allowed us to explore large and expansive temples, rather than play a game of "Hot n' Cold" with shrines. Aside from that, good game.

Tears of the Kingdom: I'm...gonna skip this one. I've played it, didn't feel hooked enough to complete it-

Report Reply