« Friends Forum

calling all non-binary, gender fluid, and gender queer folks!

Posted by lady_boner

posted

Forum: Friends

let's chat about style inspirations, movies/tv shows, and gender!

i'll start!

style inspo: not a specific person necessarily, but i get major gender envy from both keanu reeves, elvira, and david bowie? not sure how to unpack that, but my goal in life (fashion-wise ) is to to look like a 90s cyberpunk alien hacker dyke (pretty far away from achieving that goal, but a ghoul can try!)

movies/tv shows: i'm a big *daria/my so called life/twin peaks/x-files* and *the craft/jawbreaker/ghost world/ the doom generation* fan, but I've recently gotten into shitty sci-fi/cyber-action films (specifically the net and demolition man) and classic episodes of liquid television. 

gender: ??? I mean i'm growing a mullet and i'm contemplating dying it pink or green so if that says anything...

xoxo
- lady boner* 

*fyi this is my drag persona title, an activity sort of hard to start doing more requently in this pandemic and overall garbage fire of a planet :(

Report Topic

35 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by SusieQ84

posted

Hey I'm Susie. I'm 36. I'm pretty much a torrid head in terms of style since I'm fat. But I skew more alternative in terms of dress though I do wear a good amount of hot pink at times. But mostly black...

I, too, thrived on Daria when I was in middle school/high school. I haven't watched My So Called Life- I wonder if that is streaming anywhere. Loved Queer as Folk. Was a Glee fan. Watching Schitt's Creek now and I'm dying. 

For movies I love animated films, comedies (I mean Deadpool is ‍🍳">💋👌)

But yes, I am non-binarybthey/them. My brain is very male oriented though not toxically masc. I tend to dress more fell but like I said more alternative.

Report Reply

Reply by xXx_D_xXx

posted

My gender is too, the mullet I’m growing

Report Reply

Reply by xXx_D_xXx

posted

My gender is too, the mullet I’m growing

Report Reply

Reply by Sevyn

posted

So nice to meet you lady boner!

I'm transmasc nonbinary, they/them. Also trying to grow a mullet but it's taking forever because I had phase where I was obsessed with shaving my head like every month for a while. 
My style inspiration is very androgynous, I wear what feels comfy. Usually black or brown or dark blue. I'm poor so most of my clothes are hand me downs from my partner, friends, or I buy as cheap as possible from poshmark or thrift stores. 
I loved Daria! I didn't discover that show until I was already an adult, but I throughly enjoyed every episode. I've heard of My So Called Life, but I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of watching it. I love The Umbrella Academy, Russian Doll, The OA, Haunting of Hill House, Stranger Things, and many more. 

I look forward to connecting with everyone!

Report Reply

Reply by cornclock

posted

style inspo: either tradgoth or punk or maybe just casual goth?? idk i just mix my subcultures. I also sometimes like to dress vampgoth. Mana-Sama is my top inspo, altho im far far away from getting there. most of the time just patch pants and my favorite hoodie

movies/tv shows: Hannibal (NBC), The craft, bungou stray dogs and like i forget the others

gender: Laminated paper wiggly sound, whatever im hyperfixated on (so mostly like, soft-ish things and cryptids or the occult or just wiggly kinda blurry gender
masc leaning?? idk gender is fucky wucky just genderqueer.
Big part of gender is clowns

- honk honk

Report Reply

Reply by emotwink96

posted

heyo :) im Nico (they/he) 24 from austria. feel free to add or message me!
i love talking horror movies, music, diy, politics
just hmu

Report Reply

Reply by M4r13

posted

Hi I'm Marie/Vibri!!! She/they/faer/it/whatever you can come up with really. I'm a quirky little lesbian ehhehe

style inspo: Scene, kandi kid fashion, midwestern gamer chic /hj

movies/tv shows: God I don't watch anything worth mentioning. I love Invader Zim and ENA and use it for inspiration all the time. 

Report Reply

Reply by Aubrey

posted
updated

ayyeee im genderfluid and pansexual i dont really think i fit in well with other people i see who use the same label because i dont really change myself to present as a certain style or way if you know what i mean. I like staying myself but i hate being called a woman. But thats my problem, ello fellow gender uh..................................cool gender....peopele ah yes
uh editing this for style inspo: I like punk clothing lolol

Report Reply

Reply by pen

posted

style: I really like alternative fashion specifically gothic,scene, and punk stuff but i'm really busy so its hard to actually dress like that so i end up just wearing jeans

shows/movies: I like gravity falls, toh, i am not ok with this, and a series of unfortunate events. I also just started the fear street series and its pretty good so far.

gender: I'm gender fluid and I get gender envy from the main guy in hocus pocus for some reason

Report Reply

Reply by xx_JinX0men_xX

posted

heyoo I'm Jinx I'm genderfluid  which makes things fun when trying to decide what to wear

I guess my style inspo is a wierd mix between punk, early 2000s emo/scene kid and a bowling alley carpet. I like to think I'm making progress

Report Reply

Reply by Samsen

posted

Hello. My name is Rotty. I am 28 and non binary/transmasc (they/them). 

Style inspo: A mix of alt., urban/street, techwear. Think of Eric Draven from The Crow mixed with Bender from The Breakfast Club just on the thicker side. I present very masculine. 

Movies/tv shows: Not really into shows/movies esp. modern ones. Tend to rewatch a lot of movies that I know. I love 80s/90s movies so if I am in the mood, I will chill out and watch Back to The Future. Also a fan of wrestling not sure if that counts though. 

Gender: Tough question, but it's mostly a cauldron of transmasc, non binary, with a spice of whatever I'm feeling that day. Just want to be my own thing. 

Report Reply

Reply by fluffyluv (>ω< )

posted

hey im frog!! she/her and they/them, just turned 18 :0

style inspo: its a melting pot of different alt fashion, i.e: mall goth, punk, trad goth, etc.
but i mostly just dress in comfy clothes ;-; i also prefer more fem presenting clothes

movies/tv shows: rn im waiting for the next seasons of stranger things and umbrella academy to come out!! i like some anime, mostly romance and/or action :) for movies, i love horror!!! especially paranormal >:)

gender: i like to say im genderqueer, i could say genderfluid, but genderqueer just feels right? all i can say is, sometimes girl, sometimes not girl :D
♡ 

Report Reply

Reply by CLICK ME!

posted

hi,,im Cameron/Abyssal, im 15 in like 2 months so yeah much swag. anyways

Style inspo: I don't really get my style inspired of a single person either, i tend to dress pretty grunge, alternative, and maybe a few button ups (im working on getting moree)

Movies/Tv shows: I dont really watch Tv all that often, most of the time im watching something on youtube like a game playthrough or alt/queer tiktok complation <3

Gender: I'm Genderfluid, i go by they/he pronouns and tend to present more masculine most of the time <3

Report Reply

Reply by Fate Cosmic

posted

Hello hi!!! I go by they/them pronouns mostly, but I'm also okay with it/its and fae/faer }:)

Report Reply

Reply by Fate Cosmic

posted

Oops forgot to write the other stuff haha
Style inspo: Uhhh... A lot of stuff, punk, folk punk, goth, rave.. I'm tinkering with some stuff inspired by Serial Experiments Lain now too. But generally just.. Alt in general.

Movies/Tv: I quite enjoy myself some My Little Pony, Daria, SEL, X-Files, etc etc.. But recently I haven't had much time to watch movies or shows.
Oh and I really enjoy the MCU, specifically Loki

I'd love to talk with some new people here, so please feel free to friend/message me!!! }:D

Report Reply

Reply by Liorah♥

posted

Hey fellow nb/genderfluid/genderqueer people!

I'm Niko. I'm 32. 

I don't think I have a style inspo, but I've had my hair nearly every color imaginable. I wanna grow my hair out into a mullet and braid the ends of it (like Sean Altman, back in the late 80s/early-90s) but I keep getting impatient and bored and shaving my head (like Vitas circa 2002).

IDK if i have any fave movies... but my favorite TV shows are LazyTown (it's a comfort show for me), Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (another comfort show for me, it may be old but still great), and The Golden Girls.

Genderwise, I'm AFAB genderfluid. My pronouns are they/them, but IRL I'm not out (family wouldn't understand) so IRL I go by she/her when around family.

Nice to meet y'all.

Report Reply

Reply by xxKEVINxx

posted

i'm aqua, they/them, 20

i'm transmasc nonbinary 

if i had to pick a style, i'd say i'm tryin to be 2014 yr old self's dream of just the fuckin thick ass emo hair ,,, the kind that falls over your eye and is just,,, h u g e 

the fuckin hot topic ass clothes, just very stereotypical what you would think is emo if you were a random person outside vibes cause i've always found that attire fun just mix it in with a bit of like,,19th century to it and that'd be the fuckin dream

but what i'm currently stuck with is my mcr hoodie from hot topic's online shop, my ratty ass hair that i haven't been allowed to dye due to circumstances but when i do get to hopefully near the end of this year, it will be red 

having style is expensive when you have to get it shipped to you :( 
and as of current my financial situation is barely being able to afford food so i'm mostly wearing hand-me-downs from my older siblings

as for television?? i watch,, good omens so much gdi also tlc bc she's a mess and old mtv shows with my partner, we watch extreme couponers a lot because we can't feckin  believe it and just i enjoy trashy television because i suppose i'm just not interesting like that though we usually watch it through means of youtube and otherwise. i do enjoy daria ngl i first got into it when my sister had it on when i was about 13-14 i thought it was pretty neat, very mood ( i was very much in my emo phase back then, this was 2015-2016 ) i also enjoy mlp fim and the new mlp g5 cause very nostalgic very cute i grew up with mlp fim 

i like pretty much the entire laika catalogue, i watched invader zim a good dozen times

and i'm thinking about watching doctor who cause i missed out on it but i'm overwhelmed and gay for david tennant 

and my gender??? uh. . . . idk man,, i want to be a cis male but i also don't want to be perceived but also i'm thankful that i'm afab cause i also want to be able to have my own kids one day 

i am a  m e s s 

xx lookin forward to meeting folks 

Report Reply

Reply by Ms Myspace

posted

Agender here, not really much to my gender besides that

I don't really have a style inspo. I guess I'd say I have a therian/wolfaboo style maybe? I wear a collar when I can and usually wear a jacket also if I can. I also grow facial hair and am trying to grow it more.

Report Reply

Reply by Parker

posted

yello im parker 

im a demi boy i use They/him pronouns 
  im 15 im just looking for cool queer friends honestly I dont carefrom where i just want friends 
  I get gender from spencer reid and jake peralta. I dont know what else to say (: 

Report Reply

Reply by Saturn

posted

hi :)

genderfluid
19, 20 this summer
really need friends atm. anyone active on discord?
i skate, love animals, and tattoo myself.

Report Reply

Reply by Dandelion

posted

Heyo- 

The name's Artie Leigh. I'm 22. I'm masc-nonbinary and use They/He/It pronouns. 

I tend to just accumulate items as a form of fashion. Most are from thrift stores, other are gifts, convention left overs, or homemade 'concert' tees. Paired with Jeans, and either my ancient Docs or high-top Converse... 
Other than that, it's just weather appropriate layering, my battle vest, and sometimes a hat?
I make a lot of my own jewelry and earrings, often out of weird knickknacks and fishing lures. I also wear a lot of fidget jewelry, cause aesthetic is only part of why I pick anything.
For makeup it's usually just Eyeliner and maybe some red on the outer corners if I feel like getting fancy... Black nail polish sometimes too-

Report Reply

Reply by Ant

posted

Hello! I go by Ant

I'm 19 in the USA

Style? im still trying to figure that out. Currently thinking of going back to my 2014 fringe and clothing style. currently accepting any advice 

Report Reply

Reply by FireSt@rter

posted

Heyo!

Style inspo: I'd say the old-school butches of the 60s-70s, even though I feel like I kinda lack the cool-aid for that. At times I think leaning into a more alt aesthetic, brighter and more chaotic, would be fun and good for my soul, but I'll tell ya, that requires a certain amount of energy which I lack, and I also love myself in a leather jacket and a shirt much better anyhow.

Movies/TV shows: Lately I've been big on a 'girl killers for hire kicking ass' subgenre, aka Gunpowder Milkshake, Kate, Atomic Blonde, The Old Guard and so on. But my ultimate comfort film of all time is unironically Speed Racer.

Gender: You know that thing where you're a lesbian, but hardly a woman? When your whole gender is a dyke? When you're kinda transmasc but not a man and still love women in a gay way, but also clearly too queer to be a cis one? The boy girlfriend who's not a boy? That. My favorite past-time is to confuse old sweet lady cashiers whose brains fry when they ask for my ID.

I go by Rex on here, btw, and I'm just over 25. 

Report Reply

Reply by X-32 Joint Strike Fighter

posted

Style inspo: I don't really have any xD I'm just a normal person, but if you're talking about internet stuff well, it's in progress, leaning into sciency and ac7 stuff xD

Movies/tv shows: I don't have any, i just lie around and watch youtube

Gender: Well i pretty much identify as agender just to quell my gender dysphoria lol.... i hope this isn't offensive, I'm not really into lgbt stuff so i don't know..

Report Reply

Reply by Marla Stinger

posted

hi im roo!!!

i don't have much of a style inspo, i just kinda wear whatever feels good! 

my gender is technically gender fluid but the spectrum for me is Woman-Agender. there's no masculinity in me. 

i don't remember what else im supposed to talk abt here but add me! 

Report Reply

Reply by TDJ ~tha jackyl~

posted

im gay too hi everyone

Report Reply

Reply by Adelaide J.W

posted

Alright let's give this a shot lol.

My name is Adelaide my pronouns are she/they and I'm a genderflux trans lesbian. My style is a little all over the place but I consider myself a punk first and foremost so its not the most high maintenance haha. My gender is Punk lol. I'm 20 now and I came out when I was like 17 or 18, been on HRT for a year or so now. I've also helped a bunch of people with gender questions so if anyone needs advice hmu haha.

Anyways, I don't watch much TV or Movies I'm mainly into games and music. My music taste is a bit of everything but I love punk, goth, D&B, and pretty much anything honestly. I love talking about games and music so hopefully that makes up for the lack of TV ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

Always love to meet other trans folks, life is scary but we got each other <3

Report Reply

Reply by Nico V4mp

posted
updated

hii, im Nico non-binary (they-them)

im a wanna be emo/scene (im in process)
I love cartoons and art
hope can be friends

Report Reply

Reply by HAdarkrex

posted

Hii gender fluid

Report Reply

Reply by ari :3

posted

my gender is autism creature

but fr im an enby xenogendered transmasc

Report Reply

Reply by zoeybee

posted

hello girls, gays, and theys

i’m zoey, or bee, whichever you wanna call me, i’m 20 years old and i’m non-binary genderfluid.

my style inspo is a mix of cozy, witchy, dark academia, as well as like… anything you can buy at rue 21. however when it comes to what i actually wear on a day to day, mostly just whatever’s clean and comfy.

i love marvel and classic disney movies. for tv, i really love friends, and i’ll watch a kdrama every now and then. so far the kdramas i’ve seen and liked are suits, squid game (i hated the ending though), romance is a bonus book, the uncanny counter, it’s okay not to be okay, and i’ve watched the majority of extraordinary attorney woo but i got kinda bored of it for some reason. my fav marvel movies are the captain america movies, the thor movies, and the avengers movies.

gender: tbh it’s an enigma at this point. i only started questioning my gender a little over a year ago

have a great day/night !

- your friendly neighborhood bee

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted

hey!! im eden and i use they/she pronouns and am gender non-conforming. 

im (attempting to be) trad goth, so my style inspirations mostly come from people like siouxsie sioux, peter murphy, and others. i also draw from punk fashion, people like vivanne westwood, lux interior and poison ivy, and more that i just am unable to think of.

im a massive fan of both john hughes movies and horror movies (what a contrast). my favorite movies are sixteen candles and american psycho, but i do also love many more!

yeah idk that's that.

Report Reply

Reply by Lavender time

posted
updated

Hi I’m a grender and aroace 

I’m Lavender I used all any pronouns my style is cottoge core and dark academia if y’all need anything im always here 

𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕 ꨄ

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Borededu☆

posted
updated

Haii (^-^)/

ztyle: idk lookz emo to zome people with all baggy clothez, alwayz black shirtz, and the zame black jacket i wear like everyday and sometimez i wear lots of rings, chains, and kandi. I'm pretty fem prezenting with rlly long hair (like it almost reaches my thighz O_o) honeztly i wanna look androgynous so if I don't know my gender you can't either >:p

gender: ...zomething i think. cis girl to family, genderfluid to some friendz, agender to other friends and tranz guy to like 2 ppl . idk I don't rlly care abt labelz. I use he/she/they

looking forward to meeting new people and making new frinedz ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Lainey

posted

My style definitely revolves around my music taste and like “casual goth”(if that’s a thing?) and I use any pronouns:) I’m 15

Report Reply