« Back to the Junji Ito Forum

FAVORITE STORY?

Posted by HYDE

posted

Forum: Junji Ito Group

RANK SOME OF YER FAVES AND TELL ME WHY!!!! I'LL GO FIRST, SEE?

- GYO PT.2
I LOVED THE DEPICTION OF LOSS, THE CIRCUS WAS ALSO SUPER FUNKY!!! ALSO THOSE WALKING FISH MAKE ME GIGGLE

- THE THING THAT DRIFTED ASHORE
I READ THIS ONE IN MY YOUNGER YEARS AND IT ONLY INTENSIFIED MY LOVE OF THE OCEAN. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK! THATS SO COOL!!!

- UZUMAKI
THIS ONES OBVIOUS. I HAVENT READ ALL OF IT BUT I LOVE THE SPIRAL THEMING SO MUCH? REMINDS ME OF THE MAGNUS ARCHIVES IF YOU KNOW IT. ESPECIALLY THE OLD MAN WHO WAS SUPER INTO SPIRALS. I WONT SPOILER IT BUT GOD WAS THE ENDING OF HIS STORY FUCKING HILARIOUS 

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by E.A. Espino

posted

New here, but surprised there arent more replies... I could make a list, but the Ito story that always sticks with me is "The Long Dream"

I feel it plays on two fears:
1) The thought about living your life, and then having it all taken away by waking up. It's like loosing your loved ones every night.
2) The thought about your mind playing a trick on you. You can't even trust yourself. 

Report Reply

Reply by venvs

posted

HONESTLY i really loooooved the concept and the story of The whispering woman one-shot ♡♡♡♡

Report Reply

Reply by lili-ruby

posted

imo uzumaki is by far his best work, its captivating, original, bot scary but uncomfortable. it's just too perfect to be true yk. ig u could say that remina was pretty good too, none of his one-shot really stuck w me tho exept maybe the whispering woman 

Report Reply

Reply by ✩ ST4R !

posted

Ooh I can't really choose but definitely a book from the Tomie series 

Report Reply