« Romance and Relationships Forum

Why would a man be emasculated by a woman with a high sex drive?

Men say that they want a sex kitten

That will rock they're world 
but when they encounter one
they do not know how to handle one.

She is a threat to his ego...

This is my life experience,

Sophie

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by KiethBlackLion

posted

I can only speak from experience but I think part of it is because most guys aren't really taught how to deal with women and when confronted with a woman that defies their expectations, they don't know how to handle it.

I never received any sort of advice from any adult male in my family regarding how to talk to women or even how to have a solid relationship with a woman. It was literally "on the job training" for me. I failed quite a bit, but eventually learned through experience.

I think how the media portrays men also has an influence. Media have always portrayed men as the horny half of the relationship; always pursuing the women and those characters, whether it be on tv or in movies, have either been played up as heroes or played up for laughs. However, women who are portrayed as the pursuers, the horny character, are often viewed in a more negative way.

My wife has a far higher sex drive than me and I'm completely fine with that. However, as our family has grown and our work schedules and adult responsibilities have interfered with our lives, we don't spend as much time "together" as we used to.

Report Reply