« Back to the Filmheyᵀᴹ Forum

Cult Classics

A thread to discuss movies with cult followings.

Report Topic

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by sarah ♡

posted

do you have a fave to start us off? i'm always looking for recs !!

Report Reply

Reply by Mander Rene🐈‍⬛

posted

I just re-bought the Crow and Donnie Darko. Nothing new sadly.

Report Reply

Reply by sarah ♡

posted

i haven't seen the crow since probably 2001. this was the perfect reminder to rewatch !! 

Report Reply

Reply by ToriElectra

posted

Mallrats -- it was widely thought to be an inferior followup to Clerks, but over time it's gotten far more popular -- especially given the Stan Lee cameo. Not everything has aged well -- one plot thread is a bout a 15-year old who has sex with older men as part of a book she's writing, and there's also a sequence I skip involving a topless psychic -- but much of the film is a consistent laugh riot, and Jason Lee -- in his film debut, no less -- does a damn fine job as Brodie. So watch it if you want, otherwise you'll end up like Silent Bob, crashing into a wall.

Report Reply

Reply by Separatr

posted

So many, especially horror ones. Night of the Comet is super fun, a zombie movie with two teen girl leads and a great scene in a mall. And the remake of The Blob from the 80s is so great, not all the special effects hold up but most of them are extremely impressive even today.

Report Reply

Reply by blairVVitch

posted

I mean, this film kind of has a cult following, so I'll include it here anyway. 

I just wrote a blog entry about Mars Attacks! and the uncanny valley, so if you're interested in reading it, just click here. 

Report Reply

Reply by zan

posted

I mean...I'm an avid member of the Cornetto Trilogy cult. Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End. Rocky horror picture show as well and Evil dead. Those are some good ones

Report Reply

Reply by Sean Cain

posted

Here's some fun ones:

Evilspeak
Gingersnaps
In the Realm of the Senses
Ilsa, The Wicked Warden
Faster Pussy Cat, Kill, Kill!
The Sentinel
Q The Winged Serpent
Motel Hell
Black Narcissus 
The Stepfather
The Company of Wolves

I could probably go on and on...

Report Reply

Reply by Mander Rene🐈‍⬛

posted

Love Gingersnaps!

Report Reply

Reply by envy

posted

anyone familiar with anna billers work? (besides the love witch) I remember first watching viva like two or so years ago and it stuck with me so much I started having dreams about the film. Love witch and Viva are the only films I've seen directed by her and I'm interested in seeking out more of her work.

Report Reply

Reply by XxRockTheEricasbahxX

posted

Guy I’m dating says Evil Dead is a cinematic masterpiece. 

https://vimeo.com/275950603/description

Report Reply

Reply by XxRockTheEricasbahxX

posted

Guy I’m dating says Evil Dead is a cinematic masterpiece. 

https://vimeo.com/275950603/description

Report Reply