« Back to the Filmheyᵀᴹ Forum

Opinions on….

A thread for general movie discussions; to keep other threads from getting crowded.

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Mander Rene🐈‍⬛

posted

Did anyone else like Halloween Kills? All I’ve heard is people saying they hate it. I get why; maybe I’m just an apologist for horror movies.

Report Reply

Reply by Separatr

posted

Halloween Kills was fine, had some cool ideas but had a bit too much going on. It was still fun to watch though.

Report Reply

Reply by wren underscore

posted

i def don't hate it, bc hate's a strong word. i still wish they'd stopped the franchise after the first movie.

the following is all my opinion btw

every installation after that first movie takes away from the notion of Michael as more of a force of nature and hamfistedly applies some form of characterisation onto him that i think is unnecessary. halloween is at its best when its viewed as a campfire story or an urban legend, something that exists in isolation. now it's a saga with a narrative that goes back and forth and sometimes contradicts itself. Michael worked best when he was the Shape, or the Boogeyman, the idea of fear or something terrible happening on Halloween night. there was an almost lovecraftian quality to him, something amoral and inexplicable. the movie worked best when you didn't need an explanation as to why these horrific things happened on Halloween, just that they did and there was nothing to be done about it.

Report Reply

Reply by xxstarxx

posted

I liked Halloween kills, it felt like a stepping stone to Halloween ends. Which is fine with me but  I can understand why others didn't like it. 

Report Reply

Reply by FryPizza

posted

I liked both of the new Halloween films, and had good theater-going experiences with both.

Report Reply

Prefer the first one but the second had its moments. Havent seen ends but this is a reminder that i need too.

Report Reply