« Back to the Japanese Fashion luvers Forum

where do you get your clothes and what styles are you into?

to be honest im sorta new to a lot of jfashion but i love lolita (sweet and gothic in particular) pastel and decora kei !! also a touch of gyaru but its more appreciation than smth id wear often ^.^ lemme know what u guys r into too !!

Report Topic

46 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Xx_cyan_dreams_xX

posted

Currently only wear Decora but I do love all Jfashion styles :D as for where I get my clothes a lot I get second hand but sometimes I buy clothes from fashion stores in my area if I find something fun :-) I also make my own kandi to add to my outfits :-D

Report Reply

Reply by 苗贝贝

posted

I'm into, like, casual gyaru and I thrift most of my clothes (also online)... I get my circle lenses from pinkyparadise, they often have some rlly good promos! 

Report Reply

Reply by Oatmeal

posted

I'm into gyaru and harajuku, Ifind things on yesstyle,AliExpress, second hand, or Amazon

Report Reply

Reply by chai ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ 🐰

posted

i luvv!! hime & ganguro! i love the cute pastels and little deco with hime , it def has that sort of lolita vibe to it. but make it extreme w/ its makeup,  dresses, & big bouncy hair >:3 its the cutest. with ganguro i rlly love all the colorful vibrant colors and the big droopy eye makeup. i luv both of the suttle and extreme looks. maybe im just a lover for the whole cute hawaiian and floral themes :3 i seriously just love both of the aesthetics!! 

Report Reply

Reply by 爪卂ㄒ

posted

I’d say my style is heavy on the visual kei/goth lolita side of the spectrum. I mostly find my clothes on second hand sites like Vinted and etsy, but i also have some sides i use like CLOSET CHILD online store or ACDC RAG.

Coincidentally, i made a blog post abt this exact topic today! Contains some links to sites that sell tons of J-fashion clothing worldwide. I feel like that could work for nearly anyone on here. Even gyaru’s, depending on your sub culture.

Thats all :)

Report Reply

Reply by kit

posted

fairy kei ,, decora :33 also lolita ( sweet , goth , bittersweet , guro ) yami kawaii nd gyaru !!! loveeee them all sooo much <3

Report Reply

Reply by Adrien

posted

I am a Visual Kei, Ouji, and Aristocrat fan and most of my clothes are DIY i guess,,,, but two good websites are ACDCRAG for Visual Kei and 42Lolita for Ouji. 42 Lolita is owned by the shopping service 42Agent, which lets you shop on Taobao too and thats always a great resource for Lolita and Ouji! 

Report Reply

Reply by abigail☆

posted

i really loovvee decolita! it's like decora and lolita together!! sadly i don't have any clothes yet :(

Report Reply

Reply by FluffyMetal

posted

I kind of have created my own style. It is kind of like Pink Punk Kawaii Decora. I usually buy my clothes from Lenzishop. But sometimes I find something cool from Zalando, H&M and Newyorker. Most of my accessories I make by myself, but I buy them from Talking to yourself. 

Report Reply

Reply by Gracie

posted

Sweet Lolita and Fairy Kei!!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by ᴍᴀʟ 𖣠

posted

i would love to meet someone who also likes shironuri …

however i still love visual kei sm 

Report Reply

Reply by BunnyWarning

posted

Decora kei! leaning more towards dark decora. i shop mostly handmade items from artists online, art fairs, or at thrift shops. also lots of DIY!

Report Reply

Reply by Animatoooooooooi

posted

Im into decora so basically for accs I go to kids clothing Storys and they practically have everything 

Report Reply

Reply by *ੈ plagueground ✩‧₊˚

posted

im into yami kawaii and yume kawaii. the main stores i buy from are etsy, amazon, and ACDC rag. However there are more that i plan to buy from like nile perch! (also i havent been able to buy from etsy but i do plan to.)

Report Reply

Reply by Horidaikon

posted

Hi, I normally buy my lolita from lace market, or Yahoo Japan.

I typically buy angelic pretty, btssb, and taobao brands!

Report Reply

Reply by meliiyzz

posted
updated

I  really like gothic Lolita or some visual k stuff but I alos really like gyaru ( amekaji gyaru , tsuyome gyaru) mostly im trying to discover More Styles that I like too 

Report Reply

Reply by Ashley

posted

I dress in lolita fashion! I get my clothes from a variety of sources (taobao resellers, secondhand sites like Lace Market, closetchild, and wunderwelt). I also use the Buyee to get stuff from the secondhand Japanese market :D 

My style is sweet with a slight tinge of classic, but I am interested in all lolita substyles (I really want to get into oldschool someday).

Report Reply

Reply by GloomyBear420

posted
updated

I really love decora, menhera, EGA, and generally any gothier edgier Japanese fashions. However, I'm pretty broke irl and feel a little weird fitting my curvier body into certain cuter styles, so I usually just wear outfits that could be best described as "I bet she listens to visual kei and smokes weed" lol

I used to be extremely into lolita fashion and himegyaru. Like, I would refresh the EGL livejournal page every day even though I didn't have a LJ account, and constantly look through japanese fashion magazine scans. I may not have been allowed to buy these cute clothes, but by god I knew every little thing about them at the time. Now I pay taxes and bills and that's all totally lame, but at least I can wear whatever I like now lmao! I just can't afford it orz

Report Reply

Reply by ♡☆gAL@Xy dRe@m C@RniVaL☆♡

posted

I wear sweet/bittersweet lolita. Most of my finds have come from wunderwelt, closet child, and lacemarket.

Report Reply

Reply by Azulsouls

posted

I into egl/lolita! My favorite substyles are Classic and Oldschool, but I often find myself wearing causal for comfort. 

Report Reply

Reply by Adelaide Charity

posted

#jyfash by #kuf75¥

Report Reply

Reply by saph★

posted

I'm into gothic lolita, vkei and EGA idk I can't buy anything online (situación moneda devaluada) so I just try hard and find things from random places, I buy a lot of accesories from local small businesses lol

Report Reply

Reply by Ava242

posted

I want to buy new clothes, but now with the warmer outside, I need suitable options. I really enjoy wearing tight leggings, but I have been unable to find anything good in the shops. Either the price is too high, or the quality is not very good, or I just don’t like the appearance. Can you please recommend any stores where I can find affordable, high-quality, and visually appealing tight leggings?

Report Reply

Reply by Sabrina952

posted

I recently bought some leggings from the women's sportswear store "Jane Gun" (https://janegun.com/collections/scrunch-bum-leggings), and I want to share my experience. These leggings have all the necessary properties to create the perfect shape of the buttocks. A high-rise waist lets you feel confident during your workout, while an elasticated butt detail adds volume and lifts your buttocks. Another plus of these leggings is a ribbed waistband that does not restrict movement and does not roll down during active training. The model is 5'7", and I chose size S, which fits my measurements perfectly. The leggings are ankle-length, making them a great choice for workouts in the gym. The material consists of 65% nylon, 30% polyester, and 5% spandex, which allows the leggings to be stretchy and durable in use. I chose washed charcoal which looks very classy, and the silver logo gives them an extra chic. I am very happy with my purchase and can definitely recommend these leggings to anyone who wants to create the perfect shape of the buttocks during training.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕯𝕬𝕹𝕿𝕰

posted

i love gyaruo. as of rn i've found a lot of good pieces on depop, but I haven't bought anything 

Report Reply

Reply by _pinkerskys_

posted

I mainly wear decololita and jirai kei!♡ I'm dabbling into gyaru at the moment! mostly kogal and kuro gyaru♡♡ I also wear casual kawaii!

Report Reply

Reply by lenn :3

posted

godd i kinda wear a mix of a bunch of different subcultures.. mainly decora kei, fair kei, sweet lolita, jirai kei, and menhera :,)))  i mostly buy from ac/dc rag, listen flavor, dreamy bows, lace market, and most of all thrifted/depop !!

Report Reply

Reply by ¡¡¡ SMITUNA !!!

posted

I like what people call "pastel goth" or "2020-alt" (without the bunny hats..) but i like to dress myself more anime-girl-ish, and i like kuro decora as well <33 i usually like items sold online tbh, plus i hate going out :P

Report Reply

Reply by esperr

posted

Thrifting, hottopic, order off shein (ik it’s not very good T-T in the future I wanna shop at better places)

I like yumekawaii and decora kei ! I also love Lolita 

Report Reply

Reply by Myulizac

posted
updated

I don't have specific Jfashion style that I mainly stick with, however I am gyaru inspired and I do dress Lolita sometimes/occasionally (hopefully more when I get more clothes n stuff)

I thrift my clothes and buy them secondhand like Japanese mecari and Japanese yahoo auctions ^_^ (depop reselling with high price when Japanese mecari has it cheap is so crazy) 

Report Reply

Reply by Vee

posted
updated

I wear Classic Lolita and I get all of my clothes from eBay and 42Lolita! I want to get some from official brands but they r all so expensive love 42Lolita tho they r great

Report Reply

Reply by ¡¡¡ SMITUNA !!!

posted

i just go by "harajuku goth" but it's like gothic japanese fashion and a bit of scene in it but it barely looks scene :v (kinda like if you mixed trad goth with the character design clothes made for Rin and Gumi in the luvoratorrrrry music video) 

I shop on Shein, Hot Topic, Aliexpress, and Temu, and random dark-looking stores at the mall that may pique my interest (if i see one) :v (i don't realy memorize names well, sorry)

Report Reply

Reply by the sound wobbly paper makes

posted

I'm big on decora especially and lolita but I'm also big into goth/scene. Clothing is so very expensive so I often make my own accessories, ask my craft friends and thrift as much as possible. State sales/*rummage sales*/open markets/garage sales are a must for me. So is buying secondhand or defective sales. I always try to aim for quality but that's not always an option. 

I'm also a scaredy cat when it comes to shopping for clothes online, so I haven't done it (yet).

Report Reply

Reply by Styx

posted

I love Vkei (especially Kote and Okeshou kei, I dress in a weird mixture of both)! I usually get my clothes and accessories from my grandma, fleamarkets or make them myself! 

Report Reply

Reply by Dixy

posted
updated

I’m into Jojifuku and harajuku, I get it from Depop, AliExpress, and just kinda thrifting.

Report Reply

Reply by ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚Honey Senpai

posted

I am Ouji/Boystyle, and I use 42lolita, lace market, etc. 

Report Reply

Reply by banana

posted

i'm into menhera and girly-kei with dark colors and i usually get my girly-kei clothes from mercari. dearmylove and ma*rs are good brands for the style! and i also like to make my own stuff

Report Reply

Reply by Sanrio Star

posted

I'm a goth Lolita. i used to be into Sweet Lolita and Decora a lot back in middle school though.

Report Reply

Reply by Florliz

posted

Realmente los estilos que me gustan son el lolita en especial el dulce y el clasico, tambien el himegyaru, aunque mi ropa del dia a dia es mas moda japonesa de los 2000 que no tengo ides como se llama. Mi ropa la saco se tiendas baratas o simplemente ropa americana y pido mis accesorios poe internet o los compro en los chinos, me gusta ser un algodon azucarado cuando salgo :3 

Report Reply

Reply by p1nk13!!!!!

posted

I tend 2 dress in visual kei/visual kei inspired clothes(when I have the energy lol) As for where I buy my clothes, I get stuff mostly from local thrift stores(you would not believe the amount of epic clothes ppl give away) I also get some stuff from hot topic and other random stores in malls and such. I just try my best to find items that could possibly work together, even if they don't really look like they'd work together :3

Report Reply

Reply by Rib.ribb0n

posted

jirai-kei and more ¨casual¨ japanese styles like mori kei & hama kei

for jirai kei i buy on taobao while 4 the rest i mostly thrift 

Report Reply

Reply by Pixel

posted

I got them from Amazon, Lolita42 and goodwill! I absolutely love Lolita and Ouji style

Report Reply

Reply by Chipp

posted

I usually thrift or order from online stores, eg. depop, ebay, sometimes taobao and buyee if I use a shipping proxy

Report Reply

Reply by Prncess Aury

posted

I'm such a whore for cider, omg they're so pricy but very accommodating and they use such good materials. Remember in the 90s when companies used to not make shitty swimsuit fabric-like outfits? yeah me too. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lulu

posted

I wear girly kei (Im jirai!), and gyaru

But my main is lolita fashion <3

I get my clothes either second hand (gal/lolita) or online (jirai)
Also I like sewing my own accessories, and am currently sewing my first full lolita JSK! 

Report Reply

Reply by Jupiter

posted
updated

I'm mostly into lolita (sweet and classic primarily, but oooh do I love the gothic stuff as well). I've only just started collecting some pieces, and 42lolita has been my best friend, as well as Depop for finding things secondhand. Jirai kei has been catching my eye a lot, too, but alas, I have so little closet space and spare money for more clothes~

Report Reply