« Automotive Forum

Anyone with a project car?

Posted by Xx ItzMikey xX

posted
updated

Forum: Automotive

I've had my car since 2007, I haven't had much time for it since I started a business but once everything is set and running smoothly and I can get some free time to myself I'll be able to enjoy the roads again.

Instagram

www.instagram.com/NJ_Nismo_Mike

Report Topic

30 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Axle Knight

posted

I have several car projects. But my business has been form around the fact. I have my own garage, it isn't big or much, but I always have room to upgrade when needed. I did a complete rebuild of both a engine and transmission for a 1989 c1500. That was a long ass time slot. Chemical baths are a b*tch, then baking soda blasting each part, and replacing broken parts. It took several months to do cause at the time I was a senior in high school, working 40hrs a week and going to college. So only had a couple of hours each night to work on it.

But she runs better then most cars. She has almost 240,000 miles on her body, but only 5,000 miles on the engine and transmission.

She still needs work. Call her "the wife" cause there's always something she needs.

Report Reply

Reply by ATG All Tyme da G

posted

i have a 2000 Mustang GT convertible that Ive owned for a year now. I plan on swapping out the old 4.6 with a 5.0 Coyote motor out of a 2011-up Mustang GT so I can get 460hp out of a 20 yr old sleeper car.

Report Reply

Reply by Alexander RODENicanhazcheezBURGr

posted

i was working on my 1968 VE Valiant Ute (Australian Chrysler) when i was in tamworth, but i've moved to the big smoke, i hope to get my hands back on it as soon as possible i was teaching myself to weld so i could do repairs and learning about the motor (slant 6 225)

lots of rust removal, looooots of rust

Report Reply

Reply by Gruumsh

posted

My current project is actually my daily. 07 classic silverado 4.3 manual. Getting a 350 vortec style put toghter slowly, along with a dana 70u that be going in the rear end. So far I've just replace majority of the light (except dash and headlights) with LEDs. Put toghter a intake setup for the v6 to help it breathe a tad better above mid range rpm.

As soon as I figure which way I'm going n/a or s/c I be able to get the v8 into the truck, and find a better trans then whT I have now.

Report Reply

Reply by E777

posted

I dont own a project car but ill soon be buying my first car, a 1991 Miata :)

Report Reply

Reply by That one guy

posted

91 bmw 325i e30 coupe, manual swap, full suspension, bushings, diff, stiffening, bottom end engine, megasquirt ecu, getting a gtx3582, injectors and my intercooler in about a month.

Report Reply

Reply by Happykitty1992

posted

ive got a 1990 chevy caprice 

waiting on parts 
plan on repainting the whole car body is full or bad spots 
for some reason the last owner put the wrong size tires on it. and it drives like total shit lol
plan on fixing it up to be a good daily 

Report Reply

Reply by ms.morticiaaddams

posted

ive got a 1988 chevy cavalier Z24 convertible. 

im stuck trying to replace my alternator plug (if anyone knows how to fix it plz lmk)... then some cosmetic stuff. hopefully it'll be on the road in time for summer tho.

Report Reply

Reply by Fenrir_06

posted

I am currently saving some money for a 79 camaro to do up then hopefully have it ready by the time I'm 18

Report Reply

Reply by Ish

posted

Swapping a K24 into my 01 Mr2 Spyder

Report Reply

Reply by Morgan

posted

Yesss I’ve worked at my childhoods dad shop for awhile and he bought old cars and made them projects. They were fun to rebuild 

Report Reply

Reply by Manuel

posted

I plan on getting a project car started with reviving  my first car.  Thankfully I have a garage to store the car as I work on it over time.

Report Reply

Reply by X.x_Alex_x.X

posted

Just picked up over the summer a fairly “clean” s13 240sx is my dream car looking forward to getting it where i want it to be 

Report Reply

Reply by Avail

posted

I have a 30yo mini truck project @91.ford

Report Reply

Reply by Avail

posted

I have a 30yo mini truck project @91.ford

Report Reply

Reply by Luni

posted
updated

Early 88 Volvo 745, that's being turbo swapped soon hopefully.

Report Reply

Reply by Rex Parsec

posted

89 Silvia. Swapping in a rebuilt CA18 with every internal mod. Machined head. Borg Warner turbo. Super Advan wheels. Been in the US about 7 years. My girlfriend imported it. It's her dream car (good taste) and after a freak parking lot accident and a popped head gasket we decided to go balls out with it. We have a third CA18 I want to put in a D21 truck. Also have a 94 Grand Marquis I wanna make into a sleeper. No, I'm not gonna donk it lol.

Report Reply

Reply by Don Pike

posted

1986 Chrysler Fifth Avenue here. Yeah, it's not what most would mess with, but it's an old car, I got a parts car with it, and parts are cheap.

Report Reply

Reply by Hemlock

posted

I just picked up an EG Civic for the gas milage but once prices calm down a bit i want to do either a B or a K swap. If I save up enough money im considering building a G23 from a F23 block and a H22 head. Either way im doing a manual swap since im bored with automatic. 

Report Reply

Reply by LukeTheLoaf

posted

ive got a 62' MG Midget that i want to smash with a sledgehammer just a little bit more everyday. if the car gets completed before then ill allow it to live

Report Reply

Reply by Keegs

posted

havent done much to it but i have a 98 ford contour svt thats been sitting for some time its in rough shape but im hoping to get it running again

Report Reply

Reply by Keegs

posted

havent done much to it but i have a 98 ford contour svt thats been sitting for some time its in rough shape but im hoping to get it running again

Report Reply

Reply by John C. Hawkens

posted

I used to have a nice 67 Charger back in 2006, i got it from one of my dad's old friend, but I had to sell after we moved out, I miss that car (even if that thing barely started hehe), maybe someday I'll get a new project but for now I rather stick with my model trains ;)

Report Reply

Reply by Xyvraaq

posted

still not, but me and my friends are minding about a BMW Series 3 or a Fiat Dino
if u want to check out i created a blog

TiredGas Blog

Report Reply

Reply by 315ELITE

posted

My car is a 1985 firebird 350 700r4. She has a mini spool, B&M shift kit, thumper cam, flat top pistons, 416 ported heads, single plain intake, fitech fuel injection and a B&M ratchet shifter. Unfortunately I haven’t had time or money to work on it in a few years because life got a hold of me.

Report Reply

I'm currently working on a nissan skyline R34, all i have left to do is change the suspention

Report Reply

Reply by Oblivixus_Pixxi

posted

I have a 1985 Chevy C-10 Pickup sitting in front of my house waiting for it's new headlight to come in lol. I'm also having to replace a few fuses cause i can't hit my horn without getting shocked..She's definitely a project. Tip of the day, order things ahead of time and don't let the rats get to your wiring.

Report Reply

Reply by duck

posted

ive got a 1967 chevrolet bel air station wagon :)

it originally started as a fleet car with a 283 and 3 on the tree and my father purchased it from a gentleman when i was just an infant but lost interest in it over the years so i took it over.

currently it has a 350 sbc bored .30 over with corvette manifolds leading to a true dual exhaust with some cheapo thrush mufflers, edelbrock intake manifold with 4 barrel atop and a little cam, t5 transmission as a temporary thing.

currently in the bodywork stages with all the trim and bumpers uninstalled and mismatched body panel colors

Report Reply

Reply by ShininBusa

posted

I have a pretty bold project on my mind. 
I have a 1999 Renault Twingo, it has a 1.2 8v with astonishing 56hp.
So the plan is: fitting a 1.4 16v on it with a screaming pipe, put on a nice exhaust (not too loud but not too quiet), put on a nice suspension since the original suspension is soft af, some nice watanabe-styled wheels with some grippy tires. Seems a bit too much for a heckin Twingo, but I've seen some with this setup and they look really good.
The only thing I need to start with it is some nice money. 
Either that or I'll just restore it and keep it as original as possible to add some value, since It's a future classic.

Report Reply

Reply by Emma

posted

My friend bought me a 1983 Porsche 944 rolling shell for $400 for christmas in 2023. I've been working at it slowly, I've never done a full project like this before so its a little nerve wracking. but hopefully we can get the engine put in this year and get it running under its own power.

Report Reply