« Friends Forum

how would you define "being yourself"?

Posted by z

posted

Forum: Friends

someone said they could be themself on here and it made me wonder, what is the difference between myself and who i have to be for other people? i'm a little weird, i definitely don't think like other people and have to put in a lot of effort to make sense. i guess a freedom would be to be that weird without worrying about massive social consequences or being mistreated for it.

what is yourself? how would YOU define being yourself, and what responses from people give you that feeling of safety to express who you are? what do you feel like you need to hide in the fast paced world that you can let a little bit loose on here?

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by 🔮 Danitza

posted

Deep question! I had to think for a bit. I feel like I can only be "myself" around a select few but for the most part, I have to hold back a lot. I'm very blunt and tend not to think before I Speak so it's easy to offend someone or make them uncomfortable. When I can just say whatever and people don't take it personally because they know how I am, that's how I know I can be myself around someone. :) 

Report Reply

Reply by z

posted

Danitza, I totally relate. I have a tendency to say things and then after I've said them realize just how little I actually feel that way. It's hard to balance being honest and just staying quiet because the words that come first can end up being hurtful or reactive

Report Reply

Reply by z

posted

yess i love this

Report Reply

Reply by Moz

posted
updated

I don't even have an answer for that question. I'm still trying to figure that out.

Report Reply

Reply by z

posted
updated

I don't even have an answer for that question. I'm still trying to figure that out.

--

That's probably a good thing

Report Reply