« Back to the autistics Forum

Non Verbal

Posted by Beck

posted

Forum: autistics Group

Anyone have any tips on being able to communicate with people while going non-verbal. i feel really trapped sometimes because i cant any info to anyone around me when im non-verbal

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by kola

posted

mostly ill just use gestures, sometimes type, sometimes use stickers/emojis depending on the app

Report Reply

Reply by Ren

posted

I have apps, or like if u use google translate and just do that with the speaker, its pretty convenient

Report Reply

Reply by vivica

posted

Communication cards n' sign language/ gestures can help

Report Reply

Reply by β™‘ Zie β™‘

posted

I have a text to speech AAC app called MyVoice that I use, it let's you set preset phrases or you it'll talk as you type and Ive found it really helpful

Report Reply

Reply by cas !

posted

commuication cards and a bit of sign language is what i usually do! google translate and other speaking apps are good too

Report Reply

Joined this group cuz my bro is non-verbal autistic so its really hard for him to communicate when he is feeling sick or upset but I'm trying to learn sign-language so I can talk to him :)

Report Reply

Reply by valentine

posted

irl: CARDS!!!, sign language, facial expressions, and pictures

online: images/videos, and emojis

Report Reply

Reply by Emi^_^

posted

Hi I am semi verbal and one thing that helped me is having a mini white board, because it can be wasteful to use normal paper and on a white board it’s easier to erase, another thing that probably won’t fit most people is having me and my friends all know sign language. This is probably a very situational thing tho, hope this helps!

Report Reply

Reply by Nookie X3

posted

I use communication cards! Just write down needed phrases on cards, then put them on a keychain or necklace for when you’re nonverbal

Useful things for cards is, I’m non-verbal right now, yes, no, where’s the bathroom etc

Report Reply

theres a newer (?) app called leeloo made for this situation !! it involves buttons for what youre trying to say based on topic, and it does have full sentences

Report Reply