« Automotive Forum

Manual elite

Posted by Evie

posted
updated

Forum: Automotive

When groups get added I want to make a group.

A manual car only group. Absolutely no autotragic posting or autotragic sympathizing. Who would join? 

A lot of people don’t know the elite way to drive is with three pedals. What shall I name the group? 

I don’t want to steal from facebooks MEJ cause honestly they suck now and just post shit. 

Also open discussion on why a manual transmission is better or if you think otherwise (your wrong) go ahead! 

Report Topic

26 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Xx ItzMikey xX

posted
updated

idk but auto drivers should be Pathetic Auto Scum like on facebook JK

Three Pedal Society for manual drivers

Report Reply

Reply by Evil Mosquito

posted

Here are my two elite vehicles. Id definitely join a manual only group. I'm in mej on fb . Autotragic robs driving of its soul

Report Reply

Reply by Xx ItzMikey xX

posted

honestly, there's nothing like ripping it up the mountain or a nice background and shifting gears, rev matching to go around a corner and feeling the car take you where you command it. All these kids say "BuT aUtO iS fAsTeR nOoB" ok, you're just too scared to learn manual...

Report Reply

Reply by Mindaugas

posted

Oh hell yeah, I am down for a Manual group 👌

Report Reply

Reply by Tom Anderson (Australian)

posted

if you don't clutch you ain't much

Report Reply

Reply by Naim Dean

posted

I'm not an auto car hater by any means, but there definitely is a certain edge about driving with that third pedal and having to shift the gears yourself. My current two (soon to be one) vehicles are both manual transmission. Both are standard 5-speed manual sedan cars.

Report Reply

Reply by Calvin T

posted

I love manuals - but getting harder and harder to get high performance manuals. I've tracked McLarens, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and some Porsche models where manual wasn't even an option. I saved my Porsche with a manual as my new daily needed for high speed passing on backroads before curves is an auto G70 Sport/Prestige/Elite 3.3TT. You don't want to hit a cow in a 2700 lbs Porsche - which is my fun weekend car that is manual. It's not as fast as my daily, but a lot more fun. It took getting used to an auto as I haven't driven one in 25 years outside of work rental cars when traveling.

Report Reply

Reply by Gruumsh

posted

I like them due dont have to rely on a ecu to keep constantly shifting. Able to hold the rpm in the gear you want to help go up a hill when loaded. Why I'm glade my daily and work truck are both manuals.

Report Reply

Reply by Eamon

posted

Count me in.

Manual is the way to go. Driving one actually requires you to focus.

Report Reply

Reply by Chris

posted

I’m definitely down for a manual car fan group. 

Report Reply

Reply by Seth_AP93

posted

What about Hyundai’s iMT (intelligent manual transmission) that has only 2 pedals but a normal manual shifter lol. Interesting system but I don’t understand the appeal or advantage it has over having a clutch pedal.

Report Reply

Reply by Mary

posted
updated

I drive a standard.  

Mine is a 1994 Honda. 

How is driving standard being considered a noob? Manuals require a level of skill and focus; did I mention hills? You have to actually pay attention to your driving and to the road. I'm not a skilled manual driver by any means, but I prefer them any day to driving an automatic. 

Report Reply

Reply by Stu D E Andrews

posted

So I’m a dude from the Uk that’s a totally manual country. Now live in Australia which is a Auto country, total mindfu*k. Needless to say, I have sought a manual car here. Can’t believe so many ppl have auto only licenses tho 🤦‍♂️

Report Reply

Reply by Justin Raymer

posted

I hated manual transmission when I first started driving, until my Dad dropped me off 15 miles from home, and the only way back was to drive manual. Greatest thing he could have done.

I'm 36 now, and almost exclusively have driven manuals. I don't argue why they are better, I just like them. (Although it is hard to argue with that feeling you get grabbing the perfect upshift). Lucky to have a wife that prefers manuals as well.

Vehicles I've had that were manual.

1985 Mitsubishi Dodge Colt 3 door hatch - refused to drive it and parents sold it (I was an idiot)
1998 Sonoma 2.2ltr - forced to learn on, came to love it. 
2002 Saturn SC2 - Those 1.9 DOHCs riiPPPED. 
2006 VW Rabbit 2.5 Hatch - Crashed avoiding deer. Tuned and mild bolt ons. Loved it
2015 VW Passat 1.8tsi - Last year for manual Passats in the US. We still daily it.
2017 Mazda3 2.5 Hatch Touring - Brilliant car. Needed more room so it was traded in for...
2020 Tacoma TRD OffRoad. Shifts like a tractor. I love it. Old school rowing the boat.

Report Reply

Reply by Störti

posted
updated

I honestly prefer the automatics as I'm grown too lazy to stir the gearbox by hand. But the only cars with an automatic gearbox were/are my Jags. All the previous ones (more than 20) had manual gearboxes.
The pic below is my current daily driver, an SLK 230 supercharged with a 5-shift.

But there's still the love of my amazonian cat (though they're actually british...*lol*) She's my pride and joy and long distance bomber. Occasoinally I use her as a wedding carriage.

Report Reply

Reply by Initial Andy

posted

We have manual Elitist jerks on spacehey?! This is frikken awesome. Like the internet cockroaches except obviously ELITE.

Definetly no scum drivers allowed. 🙅‍♂️

Report Reply

Reply by Patrick

posted

Manual is the preferred way to drive here in the UK.

I've ridden motorbikes for the last 7 years but I must admit that i've gotten lazy over the last 2 years because my bike has a quickshifter so i'm a bit out of practice apart from using a clutch to pull away in 1st.

Just passed my driving test a few weeks ago so it's been nice using a manual a bit more.

Report Reply

Reply by houcem

posted

i nerver drove an automatic it feels weird even thinking about trying it

Report Reply

Reply by kevin

posted

i just learned manual not too long ago. very fun! any tips on getting better? (smoother shifts, less stalling, etc.) 

Report Reply

Reply by Griff

posted

uhhhhhhhh does auto with manual shifers count =D

Report Reply

Reply by Sceneiswack

posted
updated

Hardly anyone can drive a stick where I live. so trips I'm usually the dd . But... hayyyy I love my car.

Report Reply

Reply by Aurora wolf

posted

Just dropped 250 bucks on a hurst competition plus shifter for my m-22. Better be worth it lol

Report Reply

Reply by Landline

posted

driving manual jus makes you feel more connected to the car and road more than a auto ever could. simply just better

Report Reply

Reply by Marco

posted

Lmao I joined like 10 seconds ago, clicked on automotive forums and saw this at the top. As a member of MEJ, I approve this post

Report Reply

Reply by Mannyy

posted

I've been driving standard for about half a year. Swapped my 88 e30 but kind of miss just cruising with auto tbh. It's fun cause I have ADHD but kind of a lot when I have no AC and no radio I came to a learning obstacle trying to learn to heel-toe because the brake and clutch pedals are far as hell from the gas for me. Are they supposed to be at the same level?

Report Reply

Reply by Xyvraaq

posted

Manyy 

Mr./Ms. ADHD wym using heel toe because clutch and brake are distant.
Heel Toe it's used to downshift gear smoothly, what is the connection to "clutch and brake are far as hell"
btw they're not supposed to be at the same level

Report Reply