« Back to the SANRIO, SAN-X, CROWN CREATIVE Forum

CHARACTERS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT: PART 1

first of all, i'm so happy to be posting on here as the first entry! i wanted to do something fun - and so this will be called CHARACTERS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT! this one will be a SANRIO character, named Big Challenges!

Big Challenges (or Big Challenge) is an alligator character made by Sanrio, and released in 1978. There is not a lot of information on the history of Big Challenges, but he is drawn in a child-like style that many other Sanrio characters of the late 70's have. There's a popular meme of him about how he was "never used for anything" - this is true. Sanrio designed him and used him about 0 times, although he's still listed on the Japanese website.

His name is kanji is , which translates directly to "big challenge". On the Sanrio website, his profile says that he has a "ghostly face", which seems to be a reference to his blurryness. It also says "it looks like it's laughing", which could also imply that Big Challenges uses neopronouns (yes, i am cannonizing it pronouns for him). 

There are now plenty of adorable unoffical merch on Redbubble and Etsy, and some of which I will be checking out. I hope this was informative and fun to read! 

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by SPR1NKL3Z DA SC3N3 K1D

posted

he's so adorable!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Pink 🌈

posted

ikr!!! he is soooo precioussss

Report Reply

Reply by Rilakkuma

posted
updated

hello. i think i am also a character that friends should know about :)

Report Reply

Reply by weirdhouseplant

posted

I love it!

Report Reply