« Back to the LGBT+ Group Forum

how are you enjoying spacehey groups?

i never really used myspace groups back in the day, but this seems fun! how are yall enjoying it? any requests for this group in particular?

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Helios (he)

posted

I, PERSONALLY, love it here!

Report Reply

Reply by SandyFalkner

posted

It is cool here

Report Reply

Reply by SandyFalkner

posted

It is cool here

Report Reply

Reply by Kinnie

posted

they seem fun but wished they were wayy more active. this also applies to forums.

Report Reply

i think theyre pretty fun it just seems unactive latelyΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Sean

posted

Its only my third day out here idk but seems pretty simple. Not sure how popular this site is but I hope to make many connections!

Report Reply

Reply by ThatLionLoser

posted

I really like the concept of groups, but as others have said, I wish they were more active. :/ The non-group forums are only a bit more active, and the most active topic here is the introduction thread.

NosyCat made a fantastic blog post about this that's stayed on my mind since I read it. Interactions won't be as fast here as they are on modern social media, but I believe everyone should embrace that. Not getting immediate "engagement" doesn't mean Spacehey is dead. You can breathe and take your time here - but it's important to try being social on a social website!

Report Reply

Reply by bongwaterdrinker

posted

i agree i wish it was more active, i need to use spacehey more!!!

Report Reply

Reply by madmaxxx

posted

I love it here even tho people aren't that active. I just love how everyone on spacehey is doing their own thing, and chats when they feel like it. Super lowkey

Report Reply

Reply by metanoia

posted

They're good,, I feel as if I expected them to be more active though lol

Report Reply

Reply by nullzer0

posted

I'm really enjoying them so far, had a bit of interaction - there's a lot of potential, though it depends on us to make it work. That said, I won't hark on activity too much because I think in part activity is a side-effect of design - there's no easy unified way to see activity across them, so I have to dig through all my groups every day to see if there's new conversation to take part in.

I kinda wish there was a unified page that you could visit that would show recent activity across all our groups, as a pure timeline and paginated for longer lists (to keep it resource-light - one of my favorite things about this site is it'd run stable on a toaster)

Being able to find the new post or bulletin in a group I want to take part in without digging really would make interaction simpler. Also the ability to either reply to a post inside the forum thread or tag users in the thread to make it easier to refer to previous conversation and build on it. I did try sending some suggestions to support on that front but even
if it was never implemented, I'm glad we have the groups at all, this
site is a real sleek piece of work and I'm excited to see where it goes
next.

As for this group, from what I've seen it's a good group and I'm glad to be here!

Report Reply

Reply by AdairTrashart

posted

its hard for me to post more often because anxiety stuff but ye i like the opportunity for talking to others stuff
i probably wont make my own group though since smaller groups seem to be consistently dead after a week or two

Report Reply

Reply by finnifenn

posted

same as prev, i also get a lot of anxiety posting but i want so desperately to be part of a community and make friends!! it hurts!! but im having a good time so far :D

Report Reply

Reply by Sofia Rina

posted

Generally, yes. I'm enjoying the groups.

Report Reply