« Games Forum

What is Your Favorite Indie Game?

Posted by Half-Fish

posted

Forum: Games

Hi everyone! Half-Fish here with a quick question for you wonderful folks: What is your favorite Indie Game? If you are unsure of what an Indie game is: They are typically games made my smaller, Independent game studios who make games without the help of larger publishing companies to back them up (i.e. Nintendo, SEGA, Naughty Dog etc.). Some examples are games like Stardew Valley, The Binding of Isaac and Rivals of Aether.

I,  personally, would have to say my favorite is a game called Fae Tactics that released on PC a while ago. It takes inspiration from games such as Final Fantasy Tactics and makes a brand new, fun experience and I highly recommend you check it out. You can get it on Steam and I believe there is/going to be a Nintendo Switch release as well.

Tell me what your favorite Indie Games are in the comments below so I can check them out for myself!

- Half-Fish

Report Topic

159 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by DeliaSymbols

posted

My favorite indie game is Shovel Knight. I also like Cuphead, and Undertale.

Report Reply

Reply by jamie

posted

undertale for sure! im replaying it right now for like the 4th time haha. but i also always go back to binding of isaac, never gets stale

Report Reply

Reply by DreTheSage

posted

Hades on Switch 

Report Reply

Reply by lord frank sinatra

posted

braid, cry of fear, and killing floor 1

Report Reply

Reply by farerudesu

posted
updated

\\ Hades

\\ Bastion

\\ Transistor

\\ Enter The Gungeon

\\ Cuphead

Especially some games made by Supergiant Games, one of my favorite indie developer.

Report Reply

Reply by Lilli

posted

probably night in the woods, its one of my all time fav games and I'm constantly replaying it :)

Report Reply

Reply by Chocorock

posted

The binding of isaac

Report Reply

Reply by storm_hero

posted

I love Binding of Isaac but a very good indie game everyone should check out is Hypnospace Outlaw, I feel like a lot of people on here would love it.

Report Reply

Reply by kibou_no_nagori

posted

My favorite indie game has to be either Oneshot or Omori

Report Reply

Reply by maddie

posted

Disco Elysium for sure, literally the best rpg ever

Report Reply

Reply by evol

posted

SALLY FACE

its all i talk about pls im lonely..

Report Reply

Reply by moss

posted

idk if it counts as an indie game but i really like Potion Craft, some may find it boring or lame but it's just so soothing (and i really like the medieval aesthetic as well hehe)

Report Reply

Reply by esme

posted

Stardew Valley for sure!

Report Reply

Reply by seren

posted

undertale!! 

- it's filled to brim with incredible characters, music, humour, weight carrying choices, and so many little touches that you'll keep finding new things every time you play it

- it blows my mind any time i think of it really just being a trial run for deltarune where it's such a wonderful game itself, anyway i can't recommend it enough

Report Reply

Reply by Gooby

posted

I really like the game PARATOPIC. It's a short horror game inspired by old PlayStation games. I really recommend it! I believe you can play it on desktop/PC and you can also play it on Switch. Like I said before, I really recommend it. Very gripping, and it's only about half an hour long.

Report Reply

Reply by Xe'na

posted

I really love a game called Abzu, 

It’s a super relaxing game where you swim in the ocean, and bring animals back to habitats! It’s incredible!

Report Reply

Reply by Cowarun

posted

forever and always (probably lol) will be Cave Story. Basically the granddaddy of all indie games! I also really like Abzû and have been playin a lot of Binding of Isaac and Slime Rancher.

Report Reply

Reply by musicalmentalbreakdown

posted

i have a deep love hate relationship with Darkest dungeon, same deal with Don't starve together

Report Reply

Reply by SaranSDS008

posted
updated

Project Zomboid by Indie Stone is prob my Fav among Indie Games. The game is kinda in Early acces, but is really gud survival game.

You can get it on:

Report Reply

Reply by sness107

posted
updated

Shovel Knight, undertale/deltarune and stardew valley

Report Reply

Reply by Reagan Ridley

posted

The Suicide of Rachel Foster and Kentucky Route Zero

Report Reply

Reply by 77razr

posted

Littlebigplanet. Best game I've ever played in terms of everything. 10/10

Report Reply

Reply by Emy

posted

Undertale used to be really good but I’d have to say binding of Isaac or little big planet I used to play those with my dad 

Report Reply

Reply by lizzy rae

posted

sally face

Report Reply

Reply by yuki>_<

posted

stardew valley probably :-p

Report Reply

Reply by MonoCrim09

posted

My favorite indie game is Juice galaxy.

Report Reply

Reply by pierre

posted

sub rosa is by far the game i've sunk the most hours in with theg community and game.

Report Reply

Reply by grynns

posted

prolly undertale lmao

Report Reply

Reply by Levia Draconia

posted

Probably Rust and The Forest 

Report Reply

Reply by Michie \(≧▽≦)/

posted

OneShot by far is one of the coolest Indie games ive ever played! if u like undertale or deltarune or any kind of RPG with a twist you'll love OneShot! 

Report Reply

Reply by Aïcha <3

posted

sally face, monster prom an fnaf all the way

Report Reply

Reply by SHOW PONY ♡

posted

absolutely night in the woods. stunning artstyle, beautiful story, genuinely my favorite game of all time. i replay it every autumn and i find new things each time

Report Reply

Reply by ANASTASIA!! ^_^

posted

cruelty squad (っ^▿^)

Report Reply

Reply by blu3-alch3m1st

posted

inscryption >:))

its an indie deckbuilder with arg elements. cant say too much or u might get spoiled, so i'd check it out!

Report Reply

Reply by crocodiletears

posted

kanye 3030 >:^)

Report Reply

Reply by DraftDraft

posted

favorite indie game has to be either Lethal League Blaze, a kinda smash bros baseball funky fusion, or Risk Of Rain 2 (never played the first game), a 3D rougelike with tons of different classes

Report Reply

Reply by Otaidus

posted

Broken reality 10/10 vaporwave game 

Report Reply

Reply by Shefty

posted

Ultrakill i love fast paced movement shooters and can basically run on anything

Report Reply

Reply by Haxxlim

posted

Shovel knight is a contender for my favorite game of all time. Terraria used to be my favorite indie game, it just doesn't feel very indie anymore. I've sunk hundreds of hours into shovel knight (many of those being on that stupid fucking battletoads level) and have gotten 100% on steam. I really want to get the treasure trove edition, but I'm kinda broke so I cannot.

Report Reply

Reply by viOLeT

posted

My favorite indie game is forager. It's just a rlly cute games and it's so fun and it feels like it never ends.

Report Reply

Reply by Lee!

posted

One Shot!

I’m sure there are others with the same name, so for reference it’s the one with the cat and the lightbulb!

Report Reply

Reply by HaiHai

posted

Every puppet combo game ever 

Report Reply

Reply by Sparda41

posted

HOLLOW KNIGHT

Report Reply

Reply by fat gumby the evil wizard

posted

Lisa the Painful or Hollow Knight

Report Reply

Reply by grimfaery

posted

stardew valley, binding of isaac and undertale <33

Report Reply

Reply by saaturn

posted

Ocean Heart. I found it on my own just through looking through other Steam games and came across the video. It reminds me of SNES Zelda and I was super invested in it along with the secrets in it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ryan

posted

The only correct answer to this is Omori. Omori is the perfect game. no flaws in it whatsoever.

Report Reply

Reply by elysium

posted

disco elysium (no relation)

Report Reply

Reply by kieren Cコ:彡

posted

anodyne is a really interesting zelda-like game with cerebral music and interesting character design. it's available on steam!

Report Reply

Reply by xXCreepymonXx

posted

Right now it's The Path, but FNaF and BatIM will always have a special place in my heart <3

Report Reply