« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Image metadata scrubbing

I take a lot of pictures but my phone automatically adds a lot of metadata related to time/date, location, etc. and I'd rather not upload images anywhere that still have the metadata attached. I've used the terminal (Ubuntu 20.04) to remove it before but it's a little tedious. Does anyone know of a good program, preferably something with a GUI, that can clean up images without a lot of hassle?

My alternative is to write a shell script to wrap a cleaner but if something already exists I'd rather not

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Vori

posted

After looking through some forums, I saw digiKam, XnView and jExifTollGUI, try them out and maybe you'll like one

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

The main difference between the two approaches are:

The main difference between the approach and robot is:

The primary difference in the two approach are: The main difference between the two approaches is: In this situation, I prefer the two approach because the primary differences in the robot's behaviour and behaviour are the same. The primary difference between the robot's behaviour and behaviour is: I like the two approach more because I like the robot more. I like the robots less because I want more control of them. In my opinion, this is a better way of approaching the issue of privacy and privacy security, which has become more prevalent with increasing sophistication.

In this case, my view of both approaches is: I prefer the robot over the one I'm using, since both have the same goal and goal in common. In this case, I don't think it is worth using both methods of privacy and privacy security, which are both more difficult and expensive to do than the two approaches combined (and the same thing can happen if both approaches are not available in the same environment).

I would suggest to read the discussion on this blog, or at least read a book about this topic (see: "Privacy and Privacy Security: The Difference between Two Methods" and "Why I Don't Use Privacy and Privacy" by John R. D. Smith, published by Cambridge University Press).

The question that arises from this discussion, though, is: How can you use a tool to protect yourself and your personal data?

The following are some examples from my own work, in order to show that the approach to privacy and security in this post is not just an issue in itself. The problem arises from the use of the same tool for both privacy and privacy.

What are the main issues?

The primary issue is that we are dealing with an issue of privacy and privacy in a world where privacy has become so commonplace. In my

Report Reply

Reply by EngiQu33ring

posted

Normally that bot irritates me an unreasonable amount but the idea of a book titled “Why I Don’t Use Privacy and Privacy” is absolutely killing me.

Also thank you for the suggestions, the last one you mentioned looks very promising, I’ll definitely test it out

Report Reply

Reply by Positron832

posted

GIMP is a well known option. Apart from image editing you can also view and edit/remove the metadata.

Report Reply