« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

2022 fashion and beauty trend predictions?

Posted by addy allure

posted
updated

Forum: Fashion, Style, Shopping

wow!! it's been over a yr and a half since my last forum post!! where have i been? hopefully i can b more active on spacehey and contribute more.

anyway, w 2022 now in our hands, we r literally bound 2 c new fashion trends popping up and falling by the wayside here and there.

in 2021, we saw the rise of 1960s, 1970s, and early 2000s-inspired fashion and cosmetic trends. on the other side of the spectrum, thanks 2 social media platforms like instagram and tiktok, we saw the rise of microtrends and aesthetics, like "twilightcore," "the coconut girl," and "cottagecore." this ultimately resulted in overconsumption, clothing trends falling out of popularity just weeks after it was gaining traction, and the usual trend cycle moving a bit 2 fast, mainly bc many of these clothing items were from fast fashion retailers like shein, amazon, fashion nova, and others.

many ppl, especially teens, have yet 2 develop their own sense of style, but constantly buying clothing from unethical companies isn't the way 2 go @ all, especially if ur sum1 who has a long history of overconsumption. hopefully in 2022, we can c less overconsumption and awareness around the subject.

anyway, w the coming 2022 fashion trends, i feel like the 1960s, 1970s, and early 2000s resurgence is gonna continue even further, while also taking inspiration from the 1980s and 1990s, and even trends from b4 those periods like the 1940s and 1950s.

what do u think fashion is gonna look like in 2022? will we c more early 2000s fashion trends gaining traction? lmk!!

also, if u r @ all interested in joining my 2000s nostalgia group, here is the link below:

ilusm and i will keep y'all posted as per usual!! happy new yr 2022!!

Report Topic

11 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by sal

posted

i have a feeling we r going 2 the 2000s hot pink aestehtic but not as good - more like mean girls kinda but stops there yk? not quite ayesha but beginning like low teir yk? nd i feel like the egirls are going to start evolving into something else - not sure what but i also feel like they are going to gravitate to the y2k aesthetic 

Report Reply

Reply by nohpetS

posted

we're going into texture. we will see fur and wool and 3d printed garments and especially PLUSH. stuffed animal shirts and wooly boots, like boa scarves and hippie fur boots. Long fringes and woven patterns. everything wants to look handmade with an emphasis on texture

(puff print, patent leather, ripped denim pushed as far as possible)

Report Reply

Reply by JAYLENE ☁

posted
updated

this is so cool to read. 

please keep posting more of these!

Report Reply

Reply by nico

posted

im really hoping for some more early 2000s trends to come back

Report Reply

Reply by juitney

posted

i feel like this summer vsco girls will come back. i mean like, totes cool!!! but i really hope SOME mcbling trends come back. not the watered down "new" mcbling from 2021, but the actual mcbling. example low rise jeans, or tracksuits (specifically juicy couture ones) 

Report Reply

Reply by thats hot (sam heeney)

posted

honestly, I feel the winter core aesthetic is BOOMING rn also the basic pieces being ripped up with holes in clothes is rlly trending too.

Report Reply

Reply by FrozenSkittle

posted

Reply by Cersei 💸

posted
updated

Maybe like a evolved version of the 2014-2016 tumblr style? 

Either that or a lot of 80s fits bc of stranger things being out & all :)

Report Reply

Reply by Ethan Steven

posted

2022 Fashion and Beauty Trend Predictions - This is an exciting glimpse into the future of style and beauty! Staying ahead of the trends is always a thrill, and I can't wait to explore what 2022 has in store. And for those looking to elevate their fashion game, Mint Velvet Discount Code offers a range of options to stay on-trend while enjoying potential discounts. Thank you for sharing these trend predictions; it's time to step into the new year with style and confidence!

Report Reply

Reply by Olivia

posted

I think 2022 fashion and beauty trends will be all about embracing individuality and self-expression. We'll likely see a mix of retro and futuristic styles, with a focus on sustainability. As for the "Halloween Party Adam Lambert Leather Jacket," I bet it'll make a statement at any event! Leather always adds an edgy touch, and combining it with Halloween vibes sounds like a killer fashion choice for next year's parties.

Report Reply

Reply by david Andrew

posted

In 2021, fashion trends shifted from nostalgic vibes to micro-aesthetics, propelled by social media. However, the rapid turnover, fueled by platforms such as Instagram and TikTok, resulted in overconsumption and rapid trend cycles, particularly for goods such as the 165th Floor Hoodie.

Report Reply