« Back to the The Rawring 20s! (2000s Emo/Scene) Forum

how to look emo/scene with a buzzcut?

i cut my hair not too long ago and im starting to dislike it because im having trouble looking how i want to without the cool hair? can someone give me any suggestions please? :(

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by DanderFly

posted

Idk that's tough, side swept bangs are SO synonymous with this subculture. The good news is with a lil patience there's a short hair version that I've seen people pull off well.
If u google image search "pixie short bangs" you might like what you see.
Hope this helped some! -Tony :>

Report Reply

Reply by xX_VampQveenVendetta_Xx

posted

A good way to look more emo is with eyeliner or more alternative makeup if you're comfortable with doing that.Β 

You can also make short spikes with gel or mousse if you have enough hair to pinch :)

Spiky hair and eyeliner would look a bit more punk than emo on it's own but having an emo outfit will make it look more emo than punk. Hope this helps!Β 
πŸ¦‡

Report Reply

you don't need to have the scene/emo hair to be scene/emo!

Just wear the outfits and listen to the music! :D

Report Reply

Reply by Sawnti

posted

Reply by j0nd4mus1c14n

posted

I think Gerard Way wore eyeliner and dark suit despite having short hair as seen on the "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" music video.

Report Reply

Reply by JJ<3

posted

I see a lot of people saying eyeliner, I personally would recommend a rounded smoked out look with an eyeliner pencil- really creates the 2000's throwback look, using a little purple or read undertone can really define your look

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

I actually have always loved sideshaves and have found plenty of images online of Emo hairstyles with a side shave. It's not entire impossible; just uses a little bit of imagination.

And while side swept bangs are synonymous with the Emo culture, I have to reiterate this; not everyone has hair that can support that. Wavy and textured hair exist, and some people don't wanna straight or uncoil their hair and they shouldn't feel pressured to. There is always ways to make any sort of hair Emo, regardless of texture. So with that in mind; want an Emo buzzcut? If there is a will, then there is a way.

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

I have a side shave and also have styled my hair Emo. If you search up 'Emo side shave' on Google you'll actually find a couple of examples.

Report Reply

Reply by Leah <3

posted

accessories? examples like hats and maybe style ur hair and u should try searching up the style that ur going for like if u want to be scene search up the hairs the make up outfits and most importantly be you! and add little touches to it that u think what ever looks good and maybe you should dye ur hair black and do some type of dye like neon colours!

Report Reply

Reply by minpekw xD

posted

meow. don't b sad pls :cΒ 

Report Reply