« Back to the Disability Friend Group Forum

Introductions

I initially made Introductions as a Bulletin, but I realize that it would be better here as a more permanent option! 

Introduce yourself! You can describe your disabilities, but you are more than welcome to keep that information private! This is first and foremost a safe space!

Report Topic

11 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Rae Cervidae

posted

Hey everyone! 

My name is Rae! I'm chronically ill and disabled, and have been advocating online for quite some time. I think it is important to establish safe spaces for those who experience similar life paths, so I made this space for any and all who need it!

I have Crohn's disease and a myriad of other illnesses, and have had a permanent ileostomy for 2 years now.

I'm really into horror and all things witchy. In my spare time, I play a lot of video games and make spooky art. 

I can't wait to meet you!

Report Reply

Reply by Squirrel

posted

I’m Squirrel. I have adhd, possibly autism and ptsd. I have PVST (heart condition) reoccurring stomach problems. And I also have PMDD. I’ve also have two bad knees and an elbow but I did that to myself from sports. 

I’m happy this group exists

Report Reply

Reply by jackie 🌹

posted

Hi! I'm Ryan, I'm autistic and epileptic. I also have Irlens which makes reading and seeing very difficult for me. I also have a few mental disabilities which are unlisted. Nice to meet you all! :) Thanks for making this group!

Report Reply

Reply by Hatch

posted

Hi!! I'm Hatch. I'm mentally disabled (my preferred term over mentally ill, I don't see this as something that can be Treated.) I'm autistic, schizoaffective, *tosses handful of other things in,* I'm some sort of cluster B and I'm going to discuss changing the Schizoid to Avoidant.
I have a lot of... Fatigue? issues due to all my mental stuff. Idk if fatigue is the right word but boy I'm sure tired all the time and I'm a spoonie all the way.
Hope to get to know yall and help get some tips for makin shit easier to do lmao

Report Reply

Reply by KittLight

posted

Hello everyone my name is Carlos Santiago i go by Kittylight on TikTok I have cerebral palsy and and eye condition called ROP I try to live my life as best as I can even though at times it’s hard but not much to do but live and be happy 

Report Reply

Reply by Kristie

posted

Hi I’m Kristie. I don’t have a disability,but I have a 22 year old son with Autism.

Report Reply

Reply by CAC

posted

Hi I'm Chris. 

I was born with physical disabilities. I only have a left arm and it's not like a normal arm/hand. My right leg it shorter than my left. My right hip never developed completely. My right knee is just shitty. My spine is curved but it is now fused.

I spent a lot of time in the hospital as a child but it was all so I can walk now. 

Report Reply

Reply by Markolas+

posted

Hello all, it's good to meet you. I'm autistic, adhd, depressed, anxious, asthmatic, and allergic to the entire world. I've also struggled with Long COVID for a couple years now and am not sure if some aspects will ever get better (my asthma is worse and I have more non-speaking days). 

Looking forward to hearing more from this group!

Report Reply

Reply by eggboy_exe

posted

howdy, I'm Leroy, and my professional diagnoses are major depression, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder. I also highly suspect that I'm on the autism spectrum and that I may have some type of PTSD. I'm currently waiting on winning my disability case which will make it much easier for me to survive with my conditions. Wish me luck :)

Report Reply

Reply by Goober

posted

Hi disability Spacehey, just joined

I'm Goober, I'm 17, I have multiple disorders I've been diagnosed with but I don't like listing that type of information online.. idk, just felt like introducing myself, tho this group is quite dead...

Report Reply

Reply by taby

posted

hi im tabs! im autistic and am chronically ill, im currently in the process of getting diagnosed and have a lot of hEDS symptoms! (i think i have hEDS but if you have EDS yk how it is ,,) im 17 and have been dealing with chronic fatigue and chronic pain for about a year and a half now. i love vocaloids (esp. hatsune miku, my favorite prod.s are kikuo and wowaka rip), south park, and sanrio! nice to meet you all.

Report Reply