« Romance and Relationships Forum

Afraid of being hurt

I am in a new relationship and terrified of being hurt like the rest. How do i get over this. 

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Jennette

posted

Ty for answering. Ive done alot of changing and soul searching but still cant get past the trust issues. And i really love the man im with . 

Report Reply

Reply by Firecracker

posted

Just continue to try, and take it a day at a time.  It sounds like you've been through some tough times and your reactions are based on your experiences, so your hesitancy is totally legit.  Have you thought about processing your experiences with a professional to get healing?  

I think being honest with your partner helps too. Letting him know how amazing you think he is but that you struggle with trust sometimes, so extra reassurances from him help. And be kind to yourself.  You got this girl.

Report Reply

Reply by BeachAngel

posted

Trust goes a long way, but therapy helped me. I was in an abusive relationship for almost 5 years and after leaving, I couldn't trust anyone until I met my now husband. It was hard, but it was worth it.

Report Reply

Reply by Mate

posted

Hmm honesty and communication goes a long way and also surrounding yourself with people you trust and makes you feel comfortable is also important. Trust is very hard to get back after its been crushed, and it definitely takes time.

I really hope it works out well!

Report Reply

Reply by Max

posted

vibe with it girl!!

Report Reply

Reply by Max

posted

vibe with it girl!!

Report Reply

Reply by William

posted

Yeah, I really understand which is why I daren't go into another relationship but it is just like everything and anything. You have one life so live it. If you are too scared you'll never do anything and miss out on so much. I know the feeling of getting hurt in relationships and that made me cold for a little while but that's not the point. You should also never rely on others to make you happy. You will eventually find the right person and it might be the person your seeing now but if you get too afraid then that could potentially make the other person distance themself. So be brave, yeah?

-William

Report Reply