« Back to the Paleontologist Nerds of Spacehey Forum

π™Έπš—πšπš›πš˜πšπšžπšŒπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœ! [pinned]

π™·πš˜πš πšπš’!Β 

𝙰 πšœπš–πšŠπš•πš• πš’πšŒπšŽ πš‹πš›πšŽπšŠπš”πšŽπš› πšŒπš‘πšŠπš•πš•πšŽπš—πšπšŽ πšπš˜πš› πšπš˜πš•πš”πšœ πš’πš πšπš‘πšŽπš’ πš πš’πšœπš‘ 𝚝𝚘 πš™πšŠπš›πšπš’πšŒπš’πš™πšŠπšπšŽ πšŠπš—πš 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 πš”πš—πš˜πš  πš˜πšπš‘πšŽπš› πšπšŽπš•πš•πš˜πš  πš—πšŽπš›πšπšœ!

πšˆπšŠπš•πš• πšŒπšŠπš— 𝚜𝚊𝚒 πš πš‘πšŠπšπšŽπšŸπšŽπš› πš’πš—πšπš˜ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πš’πšœπš‘ 𝚝𝚘 πšœπš‘πšŠπš›πšŽ!

Β [𝙰 πšœπš–πšŠπš•πš• πšπšŽπš–πš™πš•πšŠπšπšŽ πš’πš πšŠπš—πš’πš˜πš—πšŽ πš’πšœ πšœπšπšžπšŒπš”]

π™½πšŠπš–πšŽ:
π™°πšπšŽ:
π™Ώπš›πš˜πš—πš˜πšžπš—πšœ:
𝚏𝚊𝚟 πšπš’πš—πš˜:
πšƒπš›πš’πšŸπš’πšŠ:
πš†πš‘πšŠπš 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš’πš—πšπš˜ πšπš’πš—πš˜πšœπšŠπšžπš›πšœ:

π™½πšŠπš–πšŽ: π™ΌπšŠπšπš’!
π™°πšπšŽ: 20
π™Ώπš›πš˜πš—πš˜πšžπš—πšœ: πšƒπš‘πšŽπš’/π™·πšŽ/π™Έπš
π™΅πšŠπšŸ πšπš’πš—πš˜: πš‹πšŠπš›πš’πš˜πš’πš—πš‘
πšƒπš›πš’πšŸπš’πšŠ: πš’ πšŒπšŠπš— πšŸπš’πš‹πš›πšŠπšπšŽ πš–πš’ πšπš‘πš›πš˜πšŠπš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšŒπš˜πš˜πš’πš—πš πš—πš˜πš’πšœπšŽπšœ α••( ᐛ )α•—
πš†πš‘πšŠπš 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš’πš—πšπš˜ πšπš’πš—πš˜πšœπšŠπšžπš›πšœ: πšƒπš‘πšŽπš’ 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 πšœπšŒπšŠπš›πšŽ πš–πšŽ 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 πš”πš’πš πš πš‘πšŽπš—πšŽπšŸπšŽπš› πš’ πš πšŽπš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšžπšŽπšœπšŽπšžπš–πšœ πšŠπš—πš 𝚒𝚎𝚝 πš’ 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πšŠπš•πš πšŠπš’πšœ πšπšŠπšœπšŒπš’πš—πšŠπšπšŽπšΒ  πš‹πš’ πšπš‘πšŽπšœπšŽ πš•πš’πšπšŽπš•πšŽπšœπšœ πšπš’πšπšžπš›πšŽπšœ... πš’ πšŠπšπš˜πš›πšŽπš πš›πšŽπšŠπšπš’πš—πš πš‹πš˜πš˜πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πš πšŠπšπšŒπš‘πš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚝𝚟 πšπš˜πšŒπšžπš–πšŽπš—πšπšŠπš›πš’ "πš†πšŠπš•πš”πš’πš—πš πš πš’πšπš‘ πšπš’πš—πš˜πšœπšŠπšžπš›πšœ"! π™»πšŠπšπšŽπš› πš˜πš— πš‹πšŽπšŒπšŠπš–πšŽ πš˜πš‹πšœπšŽπšœπšœπšŽπš πš πš’πšπš‘ πšπš‘πšŽ 𝙹𝙿 πšπš›πšŠπš—πšŒπš‘πš’πšœπšŽ πš πš‘πš’πšŒπš‘ πš›πšŽπšŠπš•πš•πš’ πš“πšžπš–πš™πšœπšπšŠπš›πšπšŽπš πš–πš’ πš˜πš‹πšœπšŽπšœπšœπš’πš˜πš— 𝚘𝚏 πšπš’πš—πšπš’πš—πš πš˜πš‹πšœπšŒπšžπš›πšŽ 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 πšŠπš—πš πš”πšŽπšŽπš™ πšžπš™ 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 πš πš’πšπš‘ πšŠπšŒπšπšžπšŠπš• πš™πšŠπš•πšŽπš˜πš—πšπš˜πš•πš˜πšπš’πšœπšπšœ!

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Didrick

posted
updated

Thanks for making this group, I've been a huge dino fan ever since I was a kid! I'm terrible when it comes to initiating a description of myself so I'm glad you made that template for people to use lol! Ok, here goes:

Name: Didrick Namtvedt
Pronouns: He/Him
Fav dino: When I was a kid, Stegosaurus was my fave dino but now in recent years, I've focused more on theropods seeing as they gave rise to birds and just the fact that there are still theropod dinosaurs among us today in the shape of birds is just so awesome and fascinating to me. Fave extinct theropod dinosaur would probably be Tyrannosaurus Rex and its relatives, especially those with binocular vision. And the binocular vision in T-Rex is proof that it could definitely see you regardless if you stood still or moved, so that means Dr. Alan Grant and Lex would become dinner instantly if JP was scientifically accurate but that would also kill off the protagonists way too qiuckly so it might be a good thing that didn't happen haha. And the feathered theropods are really fascinating to me as well, such as all the dromaeosaurids like Velociraptor and its kin, they looked far more bird-like than their movie counterparts. Now as an adult, Stegosaurus still holds a place in my heart although it's no longer my favorite but it's still a fascinating dinosaur and quite a bit of a mystery since no one really knows for sure what the plates along its back were used for. I also find its close stegosaurid relatives very fascinating with the different variations of plates and spikes.
Trivia: I'm not too sure what cool trivia could be said about myself haha but I'm an introvert nerd that doesn't really socialize much but once I do talk alot, it's typically about topics that I have a burning interest or passion for, such as dinosaurs :)
What got you into dinosaurs: Thinking back to my childhood, my earliest memory was children's books with facts about prehistoric life, as well as cartoons where dinosaurs made an appearance and by the time I was around 10 and Jurassic Park was in theaters, I was already totally obsessed and had a huge dinosaur toy/figurine collection. I still collect quite many of them today, where I also include figurines of birds seeing as they are modern day dinosaurs.

Sorry if this got a bit long haha, but that's basically me in a nutshell. Thanks again for making this group about one of my favorite subjects! :)

Report Reply

Reply by frogteeth64

posted

Name: I go by "Frog" online :}
Pronouns: He/him
Fav ino: I don't have one yet
What got me into dinosaurs: To be honest I'm not very knowledgeable on dinosaurs, but I've always liked them ever since I was a kid. I've always been interested in animals and science and nature. When I was a kid I collected rocks, fossils, shells, and a few animal bones. My grandpa collected fossils and he always told me cool stuff about dinosaurs and the history of earth and sometimes he would give us fossils and shark teeth. We were always really close. I think my interest in dinosaurs has only grown since I was a kid. I like watching youtube videos, reading articles, listening to podcasts, and watching documentaries about paleontology. It's amazing what people can learn about these animals that lived so long ago. Like I said I probably know less about dinosaurs than anybody here but I thought I might join to learn a thing or two or to talk about things I learn about dinosaurs!

Report Reply

Reply by Amber

posted

π™½πšŠπš–πšŽ: Amber
π™°πšπšŽ: 30
π™Ώπš›πš˜πš—πš˜πšžπš—πšœ: She/Her
F𝚊𝚟 πšπš’πš—πš˜: Allosaurus and Carnotaurus
πšƒπš›πš’πšŸπš’πšŠ: I love to draw and write stories.
πš†πš‘πšŠπš 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš’πš—πšπš˜ πšπš’πš—πš˜πšœπšŠπšžπš›πšœ: When I was little, I watched Fantasia and loved the part with the dinosaurs. I became obsessed with them after that lol

Report Reply

Reply by Origins_of_Iron

posted

π™½πšŠπš–πšŽ: DTΒ 
π™°πšπšŽ: 50s
π™Ώπš›πš˜πš—πš˜πšžπš—πšœ: meat popsicle
𝚏𝚊𝚟 πšπš’πš—πš˜: Stygimoloch
πšƒπš›πš’πšŸπš’πšŠ: I once had a Stego front foot cast in the Denver Museum of History
πš†πš‘πšŠπš 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš’πš—πšπš˜ πšπš’πš—πš˜πšœπšŠπšžπš›πšœ: I was fascinated with them as a child (seriously, who wasnt?!?) and not only did it get me reading as a youngster, but got me out of the house to explore my environment for fossils - which i found in excess - in Colorado. I got as far as college before it was explained to me that unless i enjoy eating top ramen and being dirt poor, paleontology is a (pardon the pun) dead end career path.Β 

i hate the person that told me thatΒ  Β 

Report Reply