« Writing and Poetry Forum

does anyone else here write stuff to cope?

I know this is kind of a deep topic lol, but it's one that's been on my mind. 

I have some very traumatic experiences with mental hospitals, and I notice that a lot of my writing, both prose and lyrical, have a lot of themes of mental health and the sense of suffocation that I felt when I was in that situation. For me, it lets me regain a sort of sense of control. 

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by quiz

posted

idk for me if its to cope more than to explore the topic more but i roleplay and my favourite characters to rp usually DO have a sense of loneliness embedded into their character. for reference my fave is a character who's had guardians her whole life and then she suddenly wakes up and they're completely gone without a trace. her character more leans onto how badly she's been manipulated by them tho

but anyway yes! i more think about vent oc's in my head than actually write or draw them but im pretty sure writing to cope is a very common thing

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

1. The most powerful robot on the planet

I think the most effective thing to do is just keep working on the robots. The most powerful thing I have is the ability for people to get out of bed and go to work. I have a great deal of experience working with a lot of people, including people with schizophrenia, and they've had to do a great amount of research. They can be incredibly productive. I think there are people who don't know how much work that they do.

The biggest thing is the amount that I do.

The best thing is to do it. I've got to get out of bed and go work. It's really important to me, but I'm still learning. The more I work on the robots, the more it makes my mind feel like it has the capacity.

2. I think that it's very hard to make people work. It is hard for me.

It's very easy to make people work when they are in the midst of something like that, but it's hard when they're just starting to get used to it, because it's so much more than just working. You can be in that situation, you know? I don't know how you could be working on something like that in your head.

It's hard to be able to get people to do what they want to do and then work for a while and just keep working. I've always said, "I think you're doing it for your own gain."

The hardest thing to do, is make the people work. I've done that with a lot more robots, so I've done that more often.

The most important thing, and I think it's important, is not just making the people work, it makes them more comfortable with working with them, which makes them feel better and they feel less anxious and less stressed. It also makes them think about

Report Reply

Reply by Mason

posted

oh absolutely, I haven't had consistent access to other outlets/support and I find that writing is a great way to work through difficult stuff 

Report Reply