« Music Forum

What was your first source of portable music?

Posted by Lovi

posted

Forum: Music

I saw this on Tumblr and wanted to ask here: what was your first source of portable music? I shared a baby blue and white diskman with my sister for awhile but my first ever portable music source that was mine and mine alone was the Sansa Disk! It was the blue one! It had a lot of the Silversun Pickups, MCR, and the Black-Eyes Peas lmaooo. 

Here’s what it looked like: 

Lol it was TINY!! What was y’all’s first portable music? Share your stories! 

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ★ patch ★

posted
updated

had to google it to make sure i didnt just imagine this thing bc i never see anyone talk about them, but mine was a skull candy mini mp3 player. pretty much this exact one (pic isnt mine), exact same color & everything

i used the hell out of it from like 3rd to 5th grade. so much evanescence played through this thing w/ my clunky over-ear headphones lmao

Report Reply

Reply by DJ_James_Naughty

posted

I started out with a Sony MP3 player similar to the Skull Candy one above. It had 512 MB of storage, so I used to change the selection of music I had on there all the time and I'd have to think pretty carefully about what music I was going to take with me if I was going to be away from home for a few days. I used to have all my mp3s at 128 kbps or lower so I could fit more on there.

I do kind of miss it - in a way I think I paid more attention to music when I had to plan what I was going to take with me like that.

Report Reply