« Art and Photography Forum

tip for doing digital art?

Posted by ghost

posted

Forum: Art and Photography

i feel like i did digital art wrong.  i want to make cartoon art and that's it. maybe more but i like cartoon art tho

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by weirdhouseplant

posted

there's lots of great tutorials on youtibe to help you practise, maybe give those a go. it's hard being self taught so don't beat yourself up about it

Report Reply

Reply by knir

posted

It depends on what you have available in terms of software and tools!! But as long as you know what you want to make that should be the least of your worries: many digital artists didn't begin with a graphic tablet and Paint Tool SAI, but with a mouse and microsoft paint.

Grab your inspiration, see what other people do, and then you can come to see how to make things through practice and observation. Not to mention countless tutorials... but I'd start with 2D before moving onto attempting more 3D-looking things! A tip that worked for me when I was younger and barely starting out: make things from shapes first. Everything is just triangles, circles, cubes, and rectangles.

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

"i'm going for something a little different, i like to make robots and that's why it is so cool. I like to do things a lot like robots. I don't want people to feel bad because of the fact that it's a robot"

"if I was going for something different then it's not like i would like to have it be something that is a little more robotic, but i'm going for it that i think is more fun to do.   "I think it is a lot easier to have something like this, but i would really like people not be scared because of it, because i think it's fun to have it as an idea"

As a person with a robot mind, I would like it if I were going to make a robot and it's like: "I think that is awesome, it is a lot more interesting than what it is"

And that's my view on this:

Report Reply