« Back to the Deltarune Forum

What did you think of chapter 2?

Posted by Harrison

posted

Forum: Deltarune Group

Personally, I believe chapter 2 is much better than chapter 1. It took some to get used to the fact that Ralsei doesn't wear his hat, but he's still the fluffiest boy of them all. Queen was very funny, and I think she's a better antagonist than lancer.

What are your opinions?

Report Topic

20 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by blue.shibuya

posted

[SPOILERS]

I think chapter 2 was really good and seems like we have got a clearer picture of what could come next but I'm still wondering what's gonna happen next as Kris opened up a dark fountain by themselves. I've seen theories saying that they are The Knight but it seems unlikely.

Report Reply

Reply by cha0z !

posted

i absolutely ADORED chapter two!! love the intro of new characters and just how well planned out it was in general. i got attached to it SOOOOOO fast lmfao

Report Reply

Reply by JillTheSomething

posted

Loved Chapter 2!

Report Reply

Reply by Monsoon /\╭(ᴼᴼ౪ᴼᴼ)╮/\

posted

I loved it! CH1 didn't bring me in as much, I was curious where it would go but it didn't make me think about it too much, but CH2 I was thinking about for weeks afterwards! The characters were fun and the amount of secrets and ways to go made the game feel much more complete 

Report Reply

Reply by The Quirky System

posted

Chapter 2 was insane. A great art piece, a great experience and an increasingly intriguing story for deltarune as a whole. Fun characters with great designs and very funny moments. We couldn't ask for more from a game :¬D Got our autistic ass obsessed for a month now that we properly looked at it.

Report Reply

Reply by afsdfes

posted

better than chapter 1 tbh

Report Reply

Reply by Asriel Dreemurr

posted

was literally so good, the soundtrack is so fucking UGHHH YESSSSS

but holy shit berdly is kinda annoying tbh..
also, the end of chapter 2 is pretty interesting!!
RALSEI IS SO FUCKING PRECIOUSS AA

Report Reply

Reply by virovirokun

posted

I loved it sm!! I played it as soon as it released and it was so cool seeing the fandom slowly discover the snowgrave/weird route.  

Report Reply

Reply by InsertName

posted

Really really like Chapter 2, the music, new characters and everything about it

TRANSLATE with x
var LanguageMenu; var LanguageMenu_keys=["ar","bg","ca","zh-CHS","zh-CHT","cs","da","nl","en","et","fi","fr","de","el","ht","he","hi","mww","hu","id","it","ja","tlh","ko","lv","lt","ms","mt","no","fa","pl","pt","ro","ru","sk","sl","es","sv","th","tr","uk","ur","vi","cy"]; var LanguageMenu_values=["Arabic","Bulgarian","Catalan","Chinese Simplified","Chinese Traditional","Czech","Danish","Dutch","English","Estonian","Finnish","French","German","Greek","Haitian Creole","Hebrew","Hindi","Hmong Daw","Hungarian","Indonesian","Italian","Japanese","Klingon","Korean","Latvian","Lithuanian","Malay","Maltese","Norwegian","Persian","Polish","Portuguese","Romanian","Russian","Slovak","Slovenian","Spanish","Swedish","Thai","Turkish","Ukrainian","Urdu","Vietnamese","Welsh"]; var LanguageMenu_callback=function(){ }; var LanguageMenu_popupid='__LanguageMenu_popup';
TRANSLATE with
COPY THE URL BELOW
EMBED THE SNIPPET BELOW IN YOUR SITE
Enable collaborative features and customize widget: Bing Webmaster Portal
var intervalId = setInterval(function () { if (MtPopUpList) { LanguageMenu = new MtPopUpList(); var langMenu = document.getElementById(LanguageMenu_popupid); var origLangDiv = document.createElement("div"); origLangDiv.id = "OriginalLanguageDiv"; origLangDiv.innerHTML = "<span id='OriginalTextSpan'>ORIGINAL: <span id='OriginalLanguageSpan'>"; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1);

Report Reply

Reply by macoud12

posted

I'm excited to see where the game will go next. I already added it to my Steam Wishlist.

Report Reply

Reply by AlliedMastercmputer

posted

Amazing! I have a potassium deficiency now. 

Report Reply

Reply by August

posted

I liked it a lot more than chapter 1, although chapter 1 was already really good. Mainly I liked how it had both more lighthearted, goofy jokes, and also some very dark and heavy themes. Despite the absolute ton of goofiness in this chapter, it really feels like it is taking itself more seriously than the first chapter. (which yes, is likely just because the first chapter was a tutorial)

Overall, I really enjoyed the second chapter, and while I obviously don't want to rush Toby, I'm already getting antsy for chapters 3-5.

Report Reply

Reply by willow

posted

i love chapter 2 sooo so so much the cyber aesthetic and the music is amazing also, pirate rouxls <3

Report Reply

Reply by cicadadays_

posted

adored it!!! toby did really well with it. also I loved the pirate rouxls "boss" battle, it was really fun!! can't wait for chapter 3. also spamton should of gotten more screentime /j!!

Report Reply

Reply by ✰Jay✰

posted

I absolutely Adore chapter 2! The aesthetics, the OST, the characters, THE HINTED LOAR REVEALS everything is amazing to me! my favorite part abt Chapter 2 however is arguably Noelle and how important she is in both the "normal" rout and Snowgrave and how here presence is the whole reason the story could change is so compelling. Im a Noelle girly I really hope she shows up in future chapters in the dark world.

Report Reply

Honestly that's how I found the game, so I may be a bit biased. But chapter one has pretty good characters and interactions too! My all time favorite characters came from that chapter.

Report Reply

Reply by Stupo!!

posted

i think that deltarune chapter 2 was

awesoem.

Report Reply

Reply by Zipper!

posted

I'm not the biggest fan of hatless Ralsei but I really enjoyed ch2, from the fun of the normal route to the horror that is snowgrave/weird route.

I definitely love the character building for both Berdly and Noelle, giving them fleshed out personalities and flaws, while also developing Susie further.

Absolutely obsessed with the way Noelle was handled, her personal growth in taking control of situations, becoming a bit more assertive while staying true to herself. I also love the way that she reacts to the events of snowgrave, becoming desensitized to the acts shes being forced to commit.

also Queen and Swatch are brilliant and i love the enemies designs and attacks!

Report Reply

Reply by Pers0n_:p

posted

I LOOOOVVEEDDD chapter 2 the designs, the characters, and storylines were really great. I love that you're able to be violent lol. Not to mention (as always) THE MUSIC TRACK WAS A MASTERPIECE!!! But overall 100000/10, very excited for chapter 3 and 4.

Report Reply

Reply by ShininBusa

posted

I personally think that chapter 1 was just like a "sound test at a concert", to see how people would react to a new storyline.

I think that chapter 2 was Toby's was of showing the real potential this whole new thing has!

For me, it was a whole other level above chapter 1, we really have a choice possibility (doing the snowgrave route, having NEO as a boss), which goes against what the games wants us to think. The game wants us to think that our choices doesn't matter at all, when in reality they do!

Report Reply