« Friends Forum

looking to make friends! here's my sort of bio lmao

Posted by z

posted
updated

Forum: Friends

i've been facing a disconnect when i come onto spacehey as there's so much more of a requirement for intentional interaction to connect with people, and i'm shy as hell

so i have the people i've friended, but i really don't *know* anyone
meanwhile, on the more evil modern social media site, i'm in constant interactions with my webfriends

so if anyone wants to friend me and maybe actually become, like, real friends, send me a request or a message! i'll be super happy to have people to talk to on here. i'm slow to respond and definitely eccentric as hell but usually pretty nice online

thanks in advance lmao gods this is such an awkward post

real talk: i'm cranky and irritable (and depressed) but usually pretty insightful and do my best to be kind to people who have no reason to be the targets of my ire, so if we're cool we'll be cool regardless of my moodiness lol
i have a wide sense of humour and can appreciate most comedy
i have two cats 🐈🐈 oh shit no wait 3 (we just officially adopted a FIV positive boy who'd been begging us for food out our back door for a few years haha he's a good boy)

i write bad poetry, bad code, and bad jokes. i play 40k (adeptus mechanicus) and paint minis. my twitter is mostly posts about how i want to marry elliot page and criticisms of society. i'm in the middle of sewing a cherry-themed shirt and skirt outfit. my desk has a funko of Wash from firefly and a trophy for being "the difference maker" at work and a thicc barbie in a half finished edwardian shirt. also a bunch of candy and an allmight sticker
i have a pile of books on mushrooms and maybe 50 piles of other books ranging from asimov to trans teen fiction to cookbooks. my wall says "fuck it i'm alive" (colouring page) and "premium melons" (ripped from a box costco gave us to carry our groceries) and a guy in power armor and a picture of a cow staring at some kittens.
yes, i'm defining myself by the shit that is in my direct line of sight.

ANYWAY if i'm just weird enough after reading all this nonsense hit me up lmao

pleasebemyfriend

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by gianna

posted

Reply by r0b

posted

i used to play space marines and dabbled with tau

Report Reply

Reply by z

posted

that's awesome. i'm just starting out so i only have a tiny collection but i love my kastelan robots

Report Reply

Reply by r0b

posted

wow i been outa the loop so long i dont think they had that when i played lol

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

"

i have a friend who likes to play games and i've been playing games since i'm about 4 years old.
"

i'm not sure why i'd be interested, but I've always liked playing games, so i guess i'm curious to see how people would respond to me being asked "who likes games?" i'm pretty sure it'd be pretty easy to say that i'm not a gamer. I mean, if you're not a gamer you're not going to have the right to play with people you know. But you can play a lot of different things with your friends if you want.
"

I'd say that it's a little bit like "i don't know how you feel, but i really want to know what you think".

So i've been asking my friends about their experiences of gaming. And they're not the first.

"I've been playing games for a long while. I was in a group game at the beginning of my life, when I was just starting out, and i got really bored of it.

So i got really bored of it and decided to go on to play games. And i played them.

"

And i played games. I played games for hours and hours on end.

And it was really enjoyable to be able to do that. I think the reason i was interested in gaming is that i didn't want people to be confused about my game playing. It just felt like a natural thing to be interested in. And that made me really happy, because it made my life so easier for me and made my life a bit better for everybody else.

"And i'm pretty sure that's why i'm interested in games, too. I think the only thing you have to do is play. I mean, i don't think there's any better game that you can do that than playing games, but if i'm going through life and being bored of the game then it makes me

Report Reply

Reply by blue_B1C2

posted

Hell yeah!

Literally just made my account so excuse the basic look lmao

Used to make and paint tank models and hobby rocket kits. Now I'm mostly an electronics tinkerer (latest project includes sticking wires in the back of my keyboard... deffo not sketch). Uni's taken a healthy bite out of my time tho :(

I've been told I'm uncultured as frig but that won't stop me from trying. I hope we can b great friends ^-^

Report Reply