« Music Forum

90's to 2010's music. What are some bands/songs you really enjoy?

Posted by Geeby

posted

Forum: Music

I thoroughly enjoy me some grunge and metal but I can still vibe to some of the 90's to early 2000's R&B. Not to say that there isn't music from other time periods I don't like because I can go from Michael Jackson, Prince, Queen, The Beatles, to some Bach and Mozart. 

This is purely 90's to 2010's list, the music I grew up to and has made me the anxiety fueled maniac that I am. 
Just to name a few artists... Panic! At The Disco, Usher, The Fray, Foo Fighters, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Trina, Mayday Parade, The Gorillaz, Juvenile, Shania Twain, The Chicks, Sleeping With Sirens, My Chemical Romance, Twista, Relient K, Destiny's Child, Bullet For My Valentine, 3 Doors Down, Kelis, Bowling For Soup, Nirvana, Boys II Men, Backstreet Boys, TLC, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against The Machine, etc. 

Report Topic

74 Replies

Sort Replies:

For western music I adored Green day and Ludo in the 0's and early 10's.

Mostly anymore I am a weeb and listen to Japanese music tho lol.. ( ̄▽ ̄)" My favorite nostalgic group for jp music is Lareine, active from 1994 - 2007! Super cute nostalgic feel. Here is a link to a video if you're curious.
https://youtu.be/QROqm9oZvUg

Report Reply

Reply by Geeby

posted

I am going to be looking into this tonight! Thanks I always like finding new music to add to my playlists! :)

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

I loved this era and I'm still kinda stuck there! 

Massive fan of the pop punk scene back then (Blink, Fall Out Boy, Something Corporate, Allister, The Starting Line et al)

Then moved onto the emo/hardcore of Alexisonfire, Brand New, MCR, UnderOath.

I've mellowed out in my old age but back when Myspace was originally around these were all my jams! 

Report Reply

Reply by Gaba falera

posted
updated

Hola , para mí los 90s y 00s marcaron los soundtracks de mi vida y la música de ahora , no me atrapa mucho, los clásicos nirvana Alice in chains, Soundgarden, Travis, tool , a perfect circle , Deftones , leucemia (Perú), Muse , Radiohead , metálica , STP , ff, cuchillazo (Perú), m.a.s.a.c.r.e (Perú), king of León, lamb of god,behemont, oasis y muchos más 

I'm sorry , no hablo inglés , pero quería comentar

Report Reply

Reply by Stu D E Andrews

posted

For me, 90’s was massively Oasis ( Blur was okay but I was the other camp ) still loved GnR, Lightening Seeds, KLF, New Order, Feeder then more 00’s Muse ( my fav band ) Foo Fighters. Tbh I was a raver back in the day going to warehouse races and into dance such as Fatboy Slim, Chemical Brothers, Drum&Bass such as DJ SS and Andy C, then Happy Hardcore from around 95 to 98 ( Google it, its mental ) 🤟

Report Reply

Reply by Katrina Bridges

posted

Artist that I love that I haven't already seen included in this thread (unless I missed them) are the Gin Blossoms, Less Than Jake, We The Kings, Blink-182, the Spice Girls, Great Big Sea, and Alanis Morissette.

Report Reply

Reply by XxShaneAgainstxX

posted

The times I couldn’t go to Warped kill me to this day

Was glad I was able to go after I turned 18. I was always following Green Day in HS, but o remember many nights getting baked with my friend listening to Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, Brand New… maaan good times… 

Report Reply

Reply by Zhyia1

posted

id say nirvana  , guns and roses, weezer, greenday,blink 182 and more

Report Reply

Reply by Becky_95

posted

I think the 90s and 70s where the best time for music 

I love the Britpop era from the 90s blur, oasis , pulp 
I’m from England so even now you got slot young people like still listening to that whole era 

As for 70s the whole punk era was brilliant 
You had some many goods band come out of that 
Blondie being my favourite 

Report Reply

Reply by alienshark2001

posted

green day and blink 182 are the most popular ones i like!

Report Reply

Reply by demonia

posted

Born in the late 2000s so don’t really know about 90’s but I have a brother in law that showed me some 90’s music. I really enjoy and like 2pac, nirvana, and honestly 90’s rap in general. For 2000s it would Green Day Britney Spears Nelly and Nelly frutado. Some many other people as well but I just watched the new Batman movie so my minds somewhere else 

Report Reply

Reply by soneek

posted

I grew up with my mom listening to HIM 24/7 and I can tell you that I also really enjoy them, very nice music. One of my fave albums of all time is ' Greatest love songs vol. 666 '

Report Reply

Reply by Saturnine Saturnalia

posted

ive listened to a lot but recently mostly HIM and paramore

Report Reply

Reply by Emma <3

posted

Indie music is just amazing to me but like bands and stuff i love spice girls and destiny's child so much but nirvana, Radiohead, Green day  Britany Spears  and Nelly Frutado are like all time faves

Report Reply

Reply by Anthony

posted

early 2000s rock music is pretty awesome. i love the strokes and white stripes.  

Report Reply

Reply by Em0Kitten

posted

was a weeb for Nirvana, Greenday, Rage against the machine <3333333333

Report Reply

Reply by Samuella Onaiwu

posted

B2K, Chris Brown, Amerie, Ciara, Omarion and Bow Wow

Report Reply

Reply by Samuella Onaiwu

posted

B2K, Chris Brown, Amerie, Ciara, Omarion and Bow Wow

Report Reply

Reply by deathbygrunge

posted

Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Metallica, Rage Against The Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, so on

Mostly rock music lol

Report Reply

Reply by gerardwayssocks

posted
updated

My Chemical Romance, Falling in reverse and Pierce the veil are my MOST FAVOURITE bands :D

But i do love Sleeping with sirens, Nirvana, Green day, Three days grace, Ghost town and many more as well.

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse

posted

Matchbox Twenty, The Goo Goo Dolls, MCR, Backstreet Boys, Vertical Horizon, Gin Blossoms, Foo Fighters, Jane's Addiction, and Nsync.
Nsync's I Want You Back is actually the song that got me interested in music.

There are quiet a few other bands and solo artists that I really like from that era, but these are the only ones that I could think of off the top of my head.

Report Reply

Reply by denii

posted

Paramore, fall out boy, Avril Lavigne

I wasnst even born when they had even released albums XDD

Report Reply

Reply by Tessa

posted

I'll always be stuck in 90s early 2000s

Report Reply

Reply by em

posted

for the 90s, my favourite band would definitely be malice mizer!! i love all 3 eras a lot, but my personal favourite would be the klaha one :P

for the 00s, im obsessed with mcr and bring me the horizon, theyre my fav western bands too :3

and for the late 00s and 2010, moi dix mois and mejibray own another special place in my heart!! 

but for all 3 of them, plastic tree will always be one of my favourites too !!

Report Reply

Reply by !!F3l1x l0v3s c4tz

posted

Here are some of my favorite bands :3

Green Day, Fit for rivals, My Chemical romance, Sleeping with sirens, BLACK VEIL BRIDES <3, Pierce the veil, Paramore, Panic! On the disco, PXNDX, Escape the fate, Falling in reverse, SOAD, Asking Alexandria & Evanescence!

Report Reply

Reply by OwenTheRetroGamer

posted

I cant remeber names of any song

Report Reply

Reply by Fio

posted
updated

green day mostly!! also Iowa from slipknot! theres a few AC/DC songs in the nineties that are worth checking out, but their best songs are from the 80s. Tracy Bonham is good, especially her song Mother Mother. Bikini kill is great, specifically Rebel Girl. oh and le tigre is a good riot grrrl band aswell. i was born late 2000s but my dad has always been into rock so i grew up knowing all these bands- another great 90s band is ABBA, but you've probably already heard of them! their not rock but still great music! 

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

some of my favourite bands! :D

blink-182

green day

weezer

my chemical romance

nirvana

gorillaz

blur

the offspring

beastie boys (i know its from the 80s but still has awesome music)

Report Reply

Really basic but Radiohead

Their music just sounds so intricate and it's really fun to listen to with all the complex melodies and stuff, i just really love art-rock/pop

Report Reply

Reply by abigail☆

posted

oasis! i like champainge supernova :)

Report Reply

Reply by rileylistenstomusic

posted

i love gorillaz fav song of theirs for this time is 19-2000

Report Reply

Reply by becca

posted

ELLIOTT SMITH!! he used to make indie music 1994-2003 but he unfortunately passed away late 2003, cause sort of unknown but everybody has their theories. his last album was released in 2004.

my favourite songs and albums from him changes DAILY but right now i like "figure 8" and his self titled album.

when it comes to songs id probably say miss misery, st ides heaven, coming up roses and LA. i could spend all day naming stuff though.

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted
updated

of course have to say nirvana, hole, mudhoney, and all that other grunge stuff.

besides that, i love the violent femmes (more of an 'active in the nineties-now' band, but they're still one of my favorites.), pj harvey, tori amos, bush, radiohead, weezer, and l7.

Report Reply

Reply by Alan Drome

posted

Van Atta High is the band from that era which just calls to me on a spiritual level

Just great pop punk mostly, also some more hardcore stuff

Report Reply

Reply by Billy

posted
updated

For rock music 

• The Offspring
  • Barenaked ladies 
  • Nirvana 
  • Gorillaz

For rap

• Eminem
  • Dr Dre
  • 50 cent
  • Obe trise (comment if it’s not correct )
  • Beasty boys

Report Reply

Reply by jaedawg

posted

gorillaz is definitely the number one when i think of this topic, i really like their music and the lore behind their franchise and i collect merch and stuff as of right now. but even so i really like rap music from that era, its just so different from how it is now and i like it better from then as i just cant stand to listen to the rap songs that comee out in these times. i like alot of eminems songs as most do and artists like him, though im no expert on this. i mostly just listen to a specific radio station that plays alot of pop, rap and rock songs from that era. just a mix ya know.

Report Reply

Reply by adam / rob

posted

korn <333 i lov korn

Report Reply

Reply by ☢ Bomberboi98 ☢

posted

I like all the grunge bands like Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and many more, I also like Nu Metal bands like Slipknot and Limp Bizkit.

Report Reply

Reply by lyn ☆ !

posted

deftones and nelly furtado

Report Reply

Reply by xoxoizuku !!

posted

the entire album the poison by bullet for my valentine is terrific 

Report Reply

Reply by valocity95

posted

gotta listen to NIN and LP, yknow? also MF DOOM sounds up your alley

Report Reply

Reply by zee (the silliest of them all)

posted

gotta love slipknot

Report Reply

Reply by destiny boo

posted

I grew up on JLO, and destiny's child, Ne-Yo, and ALOT of Michael Jackson. From JLO I loved "love don't cost a thing" and I knew way too many Michael Jackson songs js at the age of 3, LOL.

Report Reply

Reply by Elesmyly >_<

posted

gotta love slipknot and nirvana 

Report Reply

Reply by tootie :3

posted

the scary b!tches fs! they're a 2000s-2010s British goth band, I love the way they tell stories with their music :3

Report Reply

Reply by TOM

posted

green day , tally hall , mcr XD

Report Reply

Reply by manofSteele

posted

I absolutely adore 90s metal.  Alice In Chains, Tool, Type O Negative, Marilyn Manson, Ministry, Deftones, System Of A Down, Incubus, KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails, the list goes on.  Alternative metal and industrial metal really peaked then.

As for the 00s, the mall emo/pop punk scene was absolutely incredible.  Early Panic!, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, MCR, Green Day, Blink-182, Taking Back Sunday, All-American Rejects, and all the rest are timeless.  Some of the most iconic rock songs are from this era (Wake Me Up When September Ends, I Miss You, WTTBP, Move Along, Misery Business)

Report Reply

Reply by Veronika_Vampire

posted

Definitely Mindless Self Indulgence

Even though the band members (especially the front man Jimmy Urine) are weird and questionable at best and criminal at worst they definitely make some really catchy and fun songs (even if they aren't for everyone).

Report Reply

Reply by Emily

posted

These may not be your cup of tea but you should listen to blur and pulp! They are from the 90s:)

Report Reply

Reply by Awful_Alex

posted

some of my favorite bands taht are older are mcr, fob, green day, a7x, 

Report Reply