« Podcast Forum

podcast audio drama

Posted by Kaine Depraysie

posted

Forum: Podcast

Anyone here into audio-drama podcasts? There were a few on Shudder that I really enjoyed; congeria and darkest night. 

Back in the old radio days before TV was popular there used to be audio dramas with a full voice cast and sound effects. There's one I think is called "three skeleton key" about rats attacking a lighthouse; it has Vincent Price in it. It's pretty old but worth a listen if you can find it. 
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post about this considering most podcasts are not acted out audio dramas, but you can find them in the podcast section usually. If you know what I'm talking about and have any good recommendations please post what you've got.

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by TheBigFatCaterpillar

posted

I think I know what you mean. Welcome to Nightvale is really good! It is in the style of a community radio broadcast in a mysterious desert town. At first there is only the voice of the radio host but eventually other voice actors join and it becomes so much more real. It's great. There are ads at the beginning and end, but you can easily just skip those to the beginning of the episode.

Report Reply

Reply by ibizaa

posted

Great Post! Thank you for visiting here. https://retirement-login.com/

Report Reply

Reply by carnivorousCadaver

posted

I've just recently started looking for audio dramas, so I only have one to recommend at the moment, but Kisses in The Dark is pretty good! Not gonna lie the audio quality itself is pretty bad; to be fair, it was done entirely over zoom with whatever mics the actors already had during the height of the pandemic. It's a sort of supernatural horror romance, lots of gross sticky gore sounds. It's in seven parts and available on apple podcasts and spotify.

Report Reply