« Back to the Twitch Streamers Forum

Twitch Recaps for 2021

As Twitch continues to share personalized highlights for streamers, viewers, communities and the platform as a whole, many of you may have already received your Twitch Recap for the year. Feel free to share your highlights from your recap here! Were there any surprises, and, would you recommend the Top Categories / Streamers that were featured in your Recap?

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by BudWheizzah

posted
updated

I believe this was due to her streaming rarely enough this year that I caught almost every stream, which tripped off Twitch's "Superfan" feature to DeerNadia for my recap. While having a mostly wholesome predisposition, Nadia tends to be metal as fuck on the inside, playing all sorts of obscure horror games no matter how horrifying or gruesome.

It's a shame that she may or may not have executed order ALISHA-3 where said streamer stays off the air for an indefinite period of time (3 years). I wish there were still at least sporadic streams as she tends to be thoroughly entertaining. I was hoping for a transition to semi-full-time Phasmophobia (game gave her good turnouts and much fun) but it didn't stick enough to happen. Hoping for an eventual return out of the blue and that this will have been in fact a hiatus rather than a complete leave. Her Discord is still somewhat active and has a really nice group of people in there.

PS: Upon her eventual return, I would highly recommend watching DeerNadia if you catch her live. https://www.twitch.tv/deernadia/

Report Reply

Reply by gYromAncY

posted
updated

That sounds like a stream I’d definitely like to catch, so I’ve followed and I’ll join the Discord soon. Thank you for the recommendation BudWheizzah! I enjoy an occasional Among Us stream as it’s a game that tends to bring out the best in people’s entertaining personalities, and it’s a wonderful game to get chats active with, alongside encouraging communities to interact with one another more when several live streamers are playing at once.

I think the surprises in my Twitch Recaps came from the fact that Fortnite, though never a game I browse by category, was in my top Categories viewed for the year, and that three people I only found the streams of this year (GeorgeCadman, my second most-viewed stream, CityOfBadgers, my fourth most viewed stream and iwanttomax, my fifth most viewed stream) were discovered this year through the community of my third most viewed streamer, Alisha. So, it’s a testament and true reminder of just how much discoverability one person having a sizeable community can encourage. 

Interestingly, though I often watch VODs, especially from completely different time zones to my own of GMT (namely West Coast US plus Australia & New Zealand/ANZ streams), I don’t think that impacted my recap, as I wasn’t a Superfan of any given stream, though, my recap was what’s being referred to online often as the “broken [format]” - with just top categories and streams listed, and no data on hours viewed, emotes, etc. listed in a blank space beside the information present.

Report Reply