« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

How do you do your hair? (Scemo edition)

Hey guys! There's a lot of variation in emo/scene hairstyles, so how do you style/cut yours? Do you go to stylist or cut your hair yourself? Do you tease your hair and how do you go about it?  Feel free to share tips and tricks! I have the classic layered mullet/fringe that I'll tease and drown in hairspray lol. By the end of the day it looses a lot of it's volume. Anyone have some good teasing tips to make hair bigger for longer? Feel free to share pics of ur hair too :p 

Anyways have fun and say hi! 

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by -{3M1nu1t30v3rl04d}-

posted
updated

As a black girl who has braids I suprisingly got the scemo hair style perfected, My braids are black and dark red, I usally put most of my hair on one side and the i take a small part of it and kind of tuck it behind my ear, but it looks like side bangs( its hard to explain lol) And then I put the rest on top and down my shoulders, Add some sysliner and black eyeshadow and that how i go to school everymornig, ( I got to a catholic school despite not being religous lol so I cant wear anything else but my uniform ) Anyways, Bye ^.^!

Also where'd U get ur layout?! It love it!!

Report Reply

Reply by xxRebellious_Emmaxx

posted

For me, I have the classic 2000s emo haircut. I cut my hair at home since I don't trust hairdressers with such an unusual haircut after hearing many horror stories of emo hair being butchered by "professionals". In terms of dyeing my hair, I currently have it dyed pink and black (my natural hair color is light brown). I have to bleach the roots of my bangs every 2 - 3 months since my hair grows pretty fast and redo the pink and redo the black portion of my hair around the same time. The pink hair dye I use in my bangs is semi permanent whereas the jet black dye in the rest of my hair is permanent.

For styling, since my hair is naturally wavy, I start my hair straightening routine by using the Function of Beauty straight hair shampoo and conditioner. Then, I start rubbing my hair dry with a towel before I start brushing my damp hair straight until it fully dries. Finally, I straighten the rest out with a hot comb, and continue to subject my hair to heat every day until I have to wash it and repeat. In addition, I also tease my hair, though it always falls flat by the end of the day. I wish it would stay teased all day before having to brush it out.

Report Reply

Reply by xxPawlinaPoisonxx

posted

I give myself a choppy haircut & cut my bangs so that it covers one of my eyes. I prefer 2 do it myself bcuz a hairdresser would probably make 'em boring & modern!!!

I also have them dyed black & wear c00ntailz (extensionz dyed with my pink sharpie lul)

Report Reply

Reply by Doctor Goole

posted

I style mine with tons of hairspray and backcombing lol, however does anyone know how to cut scene hairstyles on curly hair? My partner wants the hair but but there's nothing good online :p 

Report Reply