« Friends Forum

Night Owls

Posted by inactive

posted

Forum: Friends

Any fellow night owls out there? 

Don't know if a thread was made for this already, but feel free to idly chat here if you’re bored and up all night. :D 

Some icebreakers: Do you prefer the nighttime, or are you up against your will with insomnia or work? I personally function so much better at night. No matter how much sleep I get, even if I’m exhausted all day, I always get a burst and feel so creative/inspired to do anything at night!

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ☆゚.*CosmicOcean*.゚☆

posted

I am literally the exact same way. Even with all of the sleep research the internet has to offer and keeping up with a proper sleep schedule, I still cannot function during the day, and then night hits and it's time to host a one person party and all of the creative juices I've been trying to find through my exhaustion all day hit just in time for "bed time"

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

@Marissa Right?? No routine has ever worked for me either. As soon as it’s late enough, time to make anything and everything lol. I wish there were more options for night shift jobs, nighttime events, or even just cafes and libraries that stayed open through the night too. Wouldn't that offer more jobs for people who work better at night, and then provide a space for night owls to go if they dont wanna stay home? Maybe it would become safer for people to be out later too, since more people would be out? I might just be naive about that though.

Report Reply

Reply by WitchRiddenx

posted
updated

I recently started having trouble falling asleep even though I've been working more (???) Definitely gets lonely when everyone I know passes out early on me lol I'm literally available all hours of the night for new friends (: ♡

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

@WitchRiddenx Damn even with extra work, the night calls for you to be awake! XD I feel that, everyone I know goes to bed so early, usually because of work or school. But even with college, I can’t fall asleep early! Hopefully this thread can connect even more night owls like us :D 

Report Reply

Reply by Christopher Julian

posted

I love staying up late but it backfires when I actually have plans for the early morning so sometimes I'll just stay up all night and be exhausted the next day lmao

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

@Christopher Julian Yessss, it’s always such a gamble deciding whether to just pull an all-nighter or deal with only an hour or two of sleep. Going to bed after being exhausted all day though? Nothing beats that relief too lol

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

"The first person to say it is 'not true', or to say it is 'false' is a bit of a stretch." - J.R

"The only reason that this post is up at all, is because it is an attempt to make fun and to make people laugh at my posts.

"The post I posted is an example of how to use my own opinions to help others understand me and to make them feel like they can help. It also makes me feel good and helps others to see me more as a human being." - J.L

I don't think I have anything against any other person's opinions, I'm just trying to help people and to show them what I think is true.

Report Reply

Reply by Blondie- chz

posted

Heya I’m Cherri I’m a night owl too! I’m a night owl because my brain runs a million miles an hour- why sleep when I can think of all the possible outcomes lol. Although a bit of a pain I do find it pretty productive. Please add me and hmu I’d love to chat 

Report Reply

Reply by xxRebellious_Emmaxx

posted
updated

I'm naturally a night owl. I have to force myself to go to bed at 11 pm on school nights (because school starts in the mornings and I'm currently in the 12th grade, so I can't even choose what time I want to attend my classes like college kids can). 

On weekends and breaks from school however, I let my body do its own thing and usually stay up between 12 - 4:30 am, with my circadian rhythm gradually shifting from going to bed at midnight to going to bed closer to sunrise by the day (I could probably stay awake beyond 4:30 am before finally getting some sleep, but I do try to limit myself once I get close to that point).

Also, I've struggled with insomnia and hypersomnia throughout my life, so there's that as well.

Report Reply