« Games Forum

is minecraft worth it?

Posted by finn x_X

posted

Forum: Games

like i wanna buy it but idk if its worth it :P

sum1 pls tell me if it is coz i also wanna play wiff my friends but i heard that da servers cost extra ://
but idk sum1 tell me :3

Report Topic

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by UltimateSpork

posted

Only one person needs to pay for a server, the others can then join for free.

Report Reply

Reply by finn x_X

posted

oh ok  tysmm !!

Report Reply

Reply by Jenga ★ミ

posted

I definitely think it's worth it, I mean aside from the base game you and your friends can join a bunch of public servers to play whatever mini-games available. Bedwars is a really popular one and Hypixel offers a lot of different mini-games besides that one. Realms do cost something like 8 USD a month but there's independent hosting too, it's just harder to do and requires your own way to host.

Report Reply

Reply by EngiQu33ring

posted

If you get Java Edition, you can host the server yourself for free

Report Reply

Reply by Amsterdam the Okay

posted

Neigh, just get T-Launcher.

Report Reply

Reply by ⛤mλrcy⛤

posted

you can make a server for free if you use services like aternos or minehut

Report Reply

Reply by chorpysplinton

posted

nah, just use a alternative launcher (just like most of the people lmfao)

Report Reply

Reply by Gamer Gaming

posted

Reply by dixz_:^

posted

Minecraft stopped being good since updates for Minecraft Legacy stopped being released (PS3, 360)

Report Reply

Reply by Brad

posted

It depends if you'll get personal joy and enjoyment out of it. Vanilla Minecraft can become stale eventually and I think it's important having others to play with, else it gets boring.

Report Reply

Reply by XxX_ThatXboxKid_XxX

posted

Depends if you're talking about bedrock or java, I'm only assuming you're talking about Java since you want to play with your friends.

There is a mod called essential which basically makes it kind of like Xbox 360 or Xbox One edition Minecraft where you can just invite your friends to a single player world, as long as you have the world and you have your friend on your friends list, you can invite them or vice versa they can invite you and if they are on a server that you both have, their skin will show up next to the name showing what server they are on.

Report Reply

Reply by celesitalFerret

posted

It can be good with friends and there are multiple free server hosting websites you could use like aternos, they do have a small list of approved mods sometimes

Report Reply