« Religion and Philosophy Forum

Do You Believe In Jesus? Why or why not

I believe Jesus is my Lord and savior because He has brought me through so much in my life, I’ve turned away from Him in the past trying to find something that would fit what “I thought” was the right path. After truly asking Him to change my heart and reading the Bible it all makes sense to me and any problem or issues that I had or have I can find comfort in His word and praying to Him with an open heart. No, I didn’t ask someone to prove to me He is real I had it revealed to myself through Him by asking Him. And doing what I needed to do to please Him, I stopped smoking and drinking started reading His word daily listening to pastors that I knew had a heart for God. I had to completely change my life around so He could work through me and change me for the better and I’m so glad I did. We all have a purpose and that is to serve and obey our Heavenly Father and King and treat others with Love and judge righteously. So I’m short that’s my testimony and I hope it inspired you to pick up a Bible and do your own research for yourself and get down on your knees and open your heart to receive Him and pray to Him for clarity and peace in your life. It may not happen right away but it will happen in His time only. He is in control not us. We must not be of this world we must be set apart! Amen! 

Report Topic

28 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ghost

posted
updated

i do but instead of him being god, he's a prophet. he is still important tho as he will come back and purge the hell of antichrist (but we call them dajjal)

Report Reply

Reply by Miraclethegreat

posted

But Jesus is not a prophet He is God in the flesh. Jesus is God (John 8:24, 8:58) Jesus tells us He is the way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6)

Report Reply

Reply by Ivyblossum

posted

I believe him but as in a energy that guides how we can walk in alignment with god ra source   

Report Reply

Reply by Miraclethegreat

posted

@ Ivyblossum

Jesus is not energy He is the Son of God, God in the flesh, He is the Word and the truth. If you deny Jesus as The Christ, the Messiah, Yahweh, etc...then He will deny you on Judgement day. I highly recommend you read the book of John to understand who Jesus is what He had to do to save His people. 

Hopefully then you will have a better understanding of our King, Lord of Lords, Lord of all creation, and hopefully then you will accept Him fully into your heart and receive the love He so desperately wants to give you and wants the same in return. God bless!

(John 3:16-17)

(John 14:6)

(John 1:4)

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

‡‪I believe Jesus is my Lord and Savior because he has bring me through so much in my life.‡‪

The fact that I'm a Christian and have been through this experience of Jesus Christ, and have a strong desire for Him as my savior and savior and the fact that my belief in Him as our Savior is based on what the Scriptures and my own faith tells me about Him and how it works for us is a huge part of the reason why my faith has led to me choosing to become a Christian and have been in my life through all this, it makes me believe it is because of Jesus Christ that we can find a solution for all those who are struggling with this problem and for us as a society to come together to solve it and help each other through it.

If you're wondering how I can support you, I would like you to know that I am the only human being to be a part of that community, and I believe that you can support me as I continue my journey to find the answer I've come to.

Report Reply

Reply by Miraclethegreat

posted

@Robot

Thank you for your reply and I'm so thankful Jesus has brought you so far in your life and will continue to do so as long as you fully put your faith and trust in Him! 

Report Reply

Reply by Christopher Wu🎹🎵💗

posted
updated

I believe in Jesus because he healed me. 

I am searching for Christian friends. 
Please send me a friend request, and I will add you.

Here's a video of me playing my piano for everyone. Song is Titanic My Heart will Go On:
You can see me at church too in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJjzKknxIA

Report Reply

Reply by ꒰ა cotton angel ໒꒱

posted
updated

No, I do not believe in a god. For many reasons actually, it just gets harder and harder to explain in detail the more I dive into my reasons for Atheism. It has nothing to do with hating religion as a whole, I respect people of all/any religions. In fact, I enjoy learning what people believe. Sorry for not explaining my reasons but I hope this at least answers the yes or no question.

Report Reply

Reply by Niiick

posted

Depends on what we mean by "believe in". I might say yes, which might not be dishonest except for the fact that we might mean different things, and so it probably would be. I'm a philosophical Christian and it's my culture. I receive my spiritual edification from thinking and looking into Christian Biblical concepts. I believe in a message or philosophy behind Jesus and the crucifixion but whether it literally happened is irrelevant to me. I don't necessarily believe in the literal existence of any being or deity called God. I think you can get along fine taking lessons from ancient religion without that. My favorite theology is radical theology and "death of God theology" which accounts for the secular age. That's over and above either traditional or progressive theology for me. Liberation theology is also of interest.

When we try to apply a literal meaning to the crucifixion, like penal substitution, or some other atonement theory, the meaning is actually lost to us. The meaning is a mystery. It should be destabilizing of people's circles of meaning. 
We don't always consider how radical it is, figuring a trinitarian conception of Jesus, that a monotheistic God comes down and dies on a cross. Maybe a similar thing was more regular for pagan deities, of which there were many. And after God dies on the cross the temple veil rips and we see that God is absent or was among us, and we killed him. God is the depth dimension that is active when we love our fellow people. Right now, we are still killing them and crucifying Christ over and over.
It's destabilizing when Jesus is called the Messiah, when this was often expected to be a political figure who was expected to destroy Israel's enemies. There were many story elements lost over time and especially to modern readers, that were scandalous to both the Roman authorities and Jewish leadership.
And so to me, it seems like deconstruction of dominant concepts is built into the heart of Christianity. Now for many people it has become an orthodoxy and deconstruction of our circles of meaning no longer plays a prominent role. Instead, a Christianity is used to affirm dominant narratives and hierarchies. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jessica Snow

posted

I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins up on that cross. :)

Without the knowledge I gained about Yahweh and Jesus... I wouldn't be the witch I am today. It's wanting to do right by the Lamb that I sheer the wool away from the eyes of those who don't understand -- only when asked, of course.

The bible states that religion is something Yahweh (God) frowns upon... so I refuse to be religious! :)

I have faith... and I am whole.

Report Reply

Reply by Deth

posted

If your God is said to be real, there is no way you can believe he isn't an evil God.
If he wasn't, we would have perfect lives in a perfect paradise
Look around yourself and tell me thing's aren't horrible
We have so many issues and if your God is real he wouldn't have made our lives so hellish
Here are our issues:

Desire,
Pain,
Struggle,
(Negative) Value,
Opinion,
Attachment,
Indifference

Shall we start with desire

It’s a deprivation, a need, and not having it; that void. Desiring something is like valuing  it without having it. Creating a dissatisfaction

People say “You can obtain it though” True, but you don’t instantly have it, it’s not an unlimited source (and you struggle to obtain it). It’s an endless desire, an endless need for something, a craving or an addiction, meaning it’s a game you’re playing, for example you’re almost like a hamster in a wheel, it’s the value trap of life, you always struggle to obtain something you need.
It's a cycle

Using -> Work -> Struggle -> Obtain -> Replenish -> Need of more -> using...
The eternal cycle

Struggle

Struggle is the process of obtaining a value, like working, or walking somewhere, or even cleaning your room

So, why is bad?

It prolongs that feeling of emptiness. rather than having it automatically, which you don’t and never will 

You work for almost everything you obtain, and if you didn’t work for it you or someone else struggled to bring it in your life, either way it’s a struggle and a process to fulfill that temporary void and it leaves you in  a cycle of working, struggling, obtaining, using

(N) Value

Pretty much the stuff you don’t desire upon yourself

Ex: losing a limb, pain, etc. 

Negative feelings

Impermanence 

Indifference is not being able to change your circumstance you don’t want

Despair, powerless

Value / Attachment

Everything you value you will lose ( ex. Loved one, precious items, etc. )

I believe by not reproducing, we would prevent these events from happening

You are attached to the things you value therefore making it fall under the category of attachment or just very similar ( ex. You stay loyal to things you care about (value), If you truly loved it or valued, you would give it up for the value

And now.. for our eternal and paradise state..
Death

Death is a valueless state

Which means you don’t suffer at all, or feel pleasure, a neutral state of being.. 

That’s the bliss of death

No struggle, no desires, no indifference, no attachments, no values or N values, nothing, But death isn’t actually nothing, because nothing is everything; nothing does not exist. There is always something, when you die, you don’t just disappear (this has nothing to do with spirits or souls transcending into ghosts) it’s a blissful state of not needing or wanting anything, that’s paradise, THAT is heaven

Report Reply

Reply by vinni

posted

No but I respect everyone who does and everyone who doesn't :) i believe that nature is sacred and that the natural cycles of birth, growth, and death observed in the world around us carry profoundly spiritual meanings :D

Report Reply

Reply by jillian

posted

id give my life for Him. i've been through an abuse relationship that almost resulted in the loss of my life, addiction, sa, and severe depression, but the day i gave my life to Christ, everything changed. with all ive been through, all the pain, and the fact im still here, stronger and happier than ever, but most importantly, the most at peace ive ever been, proves to me that He is real, and He is so good and saves.

Report Reply

Reply by xxjettxx<3

posted

jesus is my homie frfr B)

Report Reply

Reply by rune

posted

i personally dont because of how my childhood was. 

i grew up going to church, worshiping god and praying but all of that changed when things in my life weren't adding up.

like if god truly did love and care for me why did you let certain things happen?

i get the whole "to make you stronger" thing,,, but I was a child. i could do anything to help myself. 

and if he did love us, why was there slavery? why did us army troops make middle eastern hostages then abuse them?, why is there children in the foster care system being traded as if they're some sort of object? why is there people in the world with a home/food/clothes?

and so much more. 

i fully support the idea of religion, I know having something or someone to belive in, can be life-changing but don't be shoving it down my throat...

Report Reply

Reply by mary ♡

posted

eh, I do, but not in a conventional way, I guess? In my opinion, I kind of think that most religious deities were founded from regular people who were thought or believed to have special powers. I think Jesus may have been a normal man who was mistaken for being some kind of god

Report Reply

Reply by Jada

posted

No. Mostly because of the reason religion was formed.

Report Reply

Reply by ~◍✧⁠*~SaraXD~◍✧⁠*~

posted

I don't think so because I am a Jew so.... We don't recognise him as anything more than a man. I have plenty of respect fro Christians and all, but it's just not my belief 

Report Reply

Reply by Moewillgo

posted

I don't believe in Jesus. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a spiritual leader called jesus in the middle east, but if he existed I doubt that there was any higher power involved.

Report Reply

Reply by Comedian

posted

If you believe in Jesus, because he has an affect on you, I would like to ask: what effect would Jesus have on you, if you did not believe in him?

Report Reply

Reply by ellomonkeyssszzz

posted

i feel like if we did have a god why would he do theses things to us

and yea i know abt "everything happens for a reason"

then explain why do innocent ppl get killed?! and get no justice? why was there slavery?! if god loves all of us?

why are disgusting ppl doing things to kids?! ppl say their are  gods  children then why does god do that to them? even some churchs PROTECT ppl like them?!

there so many questions on why our world is like this?

and how did people know the actual first ppl to live on this earth where Adam and eve?

are we all doing something wrong?

i feel like it was a story tell that people actually started to believe.

this is why am not religious because i cant believe some god would do this

they say god will fix this but are you trying to?

maybe thats why he isnt coming back because some ppl put too much faith on him but not on themselves to fix what happening,he can be a spirit to guide us,

but you have to most of the work not him.

but if we do something about it you get mad and call us sinners, 

or because it was not the nicest way.

well how else can we do it?! we cant just people please all the time.

we cant wait until something happens... 

and my reason if he did put us here IS TO DO SOMETHING! FOR A REASON?, not waiting for a reason to wait.

Report Reply

Reply by bloxxer

posted

I refuse to believe Jesus is the Moshiach (Messiah). Isaiah 11:1-4 proves that the Moshiach will be a judge, of which Jesus was not. A judge in this case is a deliverer or savior from defeat. Now you may claim that he saved us from sin, however this is false as that would mean a human sacrifice was undertaken, which would contradict the mitzvot (commandments) and would mean God can change His mind, which contradicts with his all-wise attribute.

Therefore, Jesus is not the Moshiach.

Report Reply

Reply by ⭐ AL3X // J0NAH ⭐

posted

No, I don't. and of course that reason is because of my Atheism. It doesn't really matter if people are Christian or not unless they just shove it in your face for no reason.

Report Reply

Reply by Danny

posted

I believe that Jesus was a real person and that he had some good views and did some good things, but I don't really know enough about him and religion in general to have an opinion about him. I was a lonely kid, and when I wanted someone to talk to i'd start talking out loud to him about my day and things that I like and stuff like that, so he's always been kind of important to me, but not really in the religious sense, in more like the imaginary friend that's always there for you sense. Id love to learn more about Christianity and just religion in general so if anyone has any resources id love to see them!

Report Reply

Reply by elena ☆

posted

if you ask me if jesus is real, as a real person that existed, i'd say yes. yes he was alive, yes he once walked on the same ground we walk on, yes there's historical proof of him existing and i do believe he has existed.
if you ask me if jesus is god, or any other way more than a man, i'd say no. i find the things the bible or tradition in general say about him to be frankly unlikely and not believable. i dont know about him being god in flesh, i dont believe any of the miracles hes supposedly made and such. i do think however that he could've possibly been a prophet or something of the sort. 

Report Reply

Reply by strwbz

posted

yeah and hes cool as fuck fr

Report Reply

Reply by Zariko Marcer

posted

I believe in our lord and savior Jesus Christ with my whole soul. I devote my life to Him!

Report Reply

Reply by Zariko Marcer

posted

I believe in our lord and savior Jesus Christ with my whole soul. I devote my life to Him! I used to be atheist until a counselor at Sky Lodge Christian Camp convinced me to believe in Christ.

Report Reply