« News and Politics Forum

Current capitol storm mega thread

Put all your thoughts on the current storm of the us capitol by trump supporters in here

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by mystical illusions

posted
updated

The man is unreal and lives in a bad realm ... he is not for America just himself and those that he uses to hurt our democracy ... I heard him say all working people here in the US are going to hell ... I am sure they will fry him... when he meets his maker :>) for what he has done to harm our country... an the other Magas an people that stand with him..." oh and they want to follow the constitution... well  defendant trump does not have the right to run again for president... look at the 14th 3 line he of the constitutions he is fired !  an those in with him in the insurrection are traitors to are country all of them ... their time will come...

Report Reply

Reply by ᚠᚱᛖᛃᚨ

posted

It was a psyop, there are videos of police letting them into the building. 

PS. im not a trump supporter lol, he is just as much controlled opposition as anyone else 

Report Reply

Reply by D1xieN0rmus69

posted

All of that could've been prevented if homeland security or the pentagon actually heeded the three warnings they got of an insurrection openly being planned on Facebook

Report Reply

Reply by IndiGhost

posted

I'll admit, I was shaking in fear when I woke up late and saw everyone on Twitter talking about it. After that, I just wanted to go back to sleep. It was absolutely horrific.

Report Reply

Reply by Vigilante Stylez

posted

Modern day Reichstag fire. 

Report Reply

Reply by richard j

posted

the good guys almost won, but then the biden administration (literal hitlers), stopped them, securing the future for the most evil empire of all time. 

Report Reply

Reply by 🩸Dripping Venom🩸

posted
updated

As I recently read elsewhere:

It Was A Failed Attempted Coup By (so-called) "White Supremacists".

By the way:

https://youtu.be/ptSZnTtGCQA

Report Reply

Reply by Nein MC

posted

https://nypost.com/2021/02/17/accused-capitol-rioter-john-sullivan-sold-footage-for-35k-to-nbc-cnn/

The news came as prosecutors on Tuesday tried to ban the Utah provocateur — a self-styled anti-Trump activist who they allege infiltrates protests to cause chaos and record video footage — from accessing social media, according to Politico.

[..]

the feds allege in a criminal complaint that Sullivan was actively participating in and encouraging the siege.

As throngs of President Donald Trump supporters stormed the building, Sullivan helped one of the rioters scale a wall leading up to an entrance of the Capitol, an affidavit alleges.

He then entered the Capitol through a window that had been smashed by a rioter.

As he recorded footage inside the building, Sullivan allegedly said, “we gotta get this s—t burned.”

“It’s our house, motherf—kers. We are getting this s–t,” he added.

Still recording, Sullivan moved with the crowd to outside the Speaker’s Lobby, where rioters faced off with police officers who were securing a doorway.

He then captured an officer fatally shoot rioter Ashli Babbitt as she attempted to climb through a broken window that was being guarded by the officers — footage he sold to several news networks.

When George Carlin said that when fascism comes to America, it won't be with jackboots and swastikas, but with Nike sneakers and smiley shirts, he was half right. It's Nike sneakers and these pathetic, pseudo-concerned grumpy faces talking about how white old men are the root of all evil, doing NOTHING to abolish the police state or punish war profiteers, or do ANYTHING real.

Screw this pearl clutching nonsense, every day 50k people die of hunger or thirst, EVERY FUCKING DAY, totalitarianism is going stronger than ever, and even in democracies the tools for totalitarian takeover are getting perfected... but oh noes, some people ran around the capitol, you need a domestic terrorism task force ASAP, better mechanisms to censor social media in real-time, no more encrypted communications rather sooner than later. Because some people are *bad*, they just are. Looking at root causes would be crazy, that would require reflection and criticism of more than just the "other". So just do more of the problem/reaction/solution dance, patting each other on the back at every step.

I still think Trump is an evil scumbag, but the thing is, that doesn't make anyone else even one iota better. It's pathetic to use him and his supporters as a fig leaf for just about anything, and that's basically what the US is now: two large groups of evil idiots pointing fingers at each other, getting fuck all done.

Am I swearing too much? Because believe it or not, I'm still biting my tongue.

Report Reply

Reply by xX emo_walsh Xx

posted

Everyone keeps talking about this storm at the capital but I didn’t even see any rain... maybe the weatherman was lying that morning or something...

Report Reply

Reply by Cynanne

posted
updated

I believe it is horrid. I believe the events in 2020 was horrid. I also believe that justifying, and allowing to let the events of 2020 happen, made people think it's acceptable to get mad and do whatever they please as long as they feel unheard, unfairly treated, or betrayed by authority figures. So what I want to know, why is it Trump's fault for these events when we easily forget the violence, rioting, destroying and looting all summer. In fact still going on right now. How confusing it would be to see one group get away with it even bailed out by politican's and the other marked as terrorist. Answer me that? Because both groups were protesting for their voices not being heard. Forget the other reasons because I'm not saying they protested for the same exact reasons but they both was protesting and both had extremists stray from the protest to do unthinkable actions. 

Report Reply

Reply by Nein MC

posted

I started a pretty long, annoyed comment.. basically, about two echo chambers, the liberal mainstream vs. QAnon, and how the failures of Democrats enabled Trump more than the cunning of Republicans, and so on, but I realize that this is a very delicate issue and I'm too annoyed to be diplomatic or brief about it, so I'm biting my tongue altogether. Instead I'll leave you with the most important link in that comment, Noam Chomsky talking about root causes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCeqySVhCE&t=20m55s.

You could summarize my stance on this incident, and pretty much all of 2020, and probably the following years, like this: The continued shift of wealth from bottom to top, and the consolidation of control in fewer and fewer hands, that is what matters, the rest follows from it and/or is circus to distract from it.

Report Reply

Reply by Colleen Shrader

posted

I am not condoning what was done at the capital on 1-6-21. But I will say I completely understand it. I am also not saying it was just President Trump supporters. The people are sick of NOT being listened to. We are sick of the politics trying to take our freedom of everything. This country is based from WE THE PEOPLE not we the government.

Report Reply

Reply by ~Yaya Cat~

posted

I'm appalled. They bludgeoned a police officer with a fire hydrant and he dies of his injuries. Like wow. And appalled by anyone that thinks storming the nation's capitol full of some the nation's leaders isn't criminal. It make us look weak to other countries. Embarrassing that it happened. 

Report Reply

Reply by Tavish

posted

It's sad that so many people will support a man who bragged about sexually assaulting women, bilking people out of money, never having read a book, suggested we drink bleach as a cure for Covid, and said in an interview he's running as a Republican because they're the dumbest people on Earth and easy to control.

He may have been correct about the last one.

Report Reply

Reply by Matt

posted

There wasn't really a Step 2 to any of this. Just blind, reckless, impotent rage hyped up by a demagogue and pointed towards the place they were told their problems lie.

Report Reply

Reply by Ben

posted

Yeah, I'm out.

The dumpster fire that is the USA is only my concern now for as long as it takes to get citizenship in another country.

Report Reply

Reply by Ashley M.

posted

My heart is broken...at what is happening...

Report Reply