« Goals, Plans, Hopes Forum

Goals for Your Garden

Hey there everyone. I am curious to see exactly how many people on here are gardeners or wanting to start a garden. I had a funny conversation with someone who thought you had to be a "hippy" to garden. I literally almost peed myself laughing... no exaggeration. It just so happens that my nickname is Pheobe as in from friends because I myself am a little wild. I explained to him that to garden isn't a hippy or chick thing it's actually a really good pass time activity that you benefit from in SO many good ways. You save money on food that you're not constantly buying and even can use some plants and herbs as medicine so there is that to lean on when your low on over-the-counter meds or can't make it to the store right away. I suffer from Migraines and bad ones at that, one thing that helps me personally is feverfew tincture. 

Not to mention gardening can be super easy and simple or you can have a lot of fun and get super elaborate with it.  I'd love to hear from others about their plans or existing gardens. I love learning about growing and ways to improve how I garden! Feel free to add me as a friend and send me a message! :)

Report Topic

37 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Satan's Lavendar

posted

Ooh, you gotta tell me more about growing feverfew, I'm just discovering how awesome it is! 

I finally started my herb garden this past summer and I'm hoping my choices survive the winter. I've got lemon balm, peppermint, oregano, lemon thyme, chives (they didn't grow enough so we'll see), and my big ol lavendar bush. 

The house we rent came with a bunch of other outdoor bushes and trees too, plus all my houseplants. 

My garden goals for 2022 are 
- To plant basil in a container from seed for pesto. My basil in the garden got sunburned this year so I'm gonna try full shade next time. 
- try a different fertilizer for the rose bushes
- Prune the apricot tree and thin the fruit more so maybe they'll actually get ripe this year (this poor thing is regrowing back after almost dying before we moved in)
- If I'm feeling ambitious, maybe get some annuals in the flower garden. 
- Repot my silly succulents. I'm horrible at repotting, so I'll get to it when I get to it lol

Report Reply

Reply by Morgan_Lozano95

posted

That's awesome! I read with fruit trees that are still young it's good to prune the fruits off so the tree puts more energy and nutrients into the growth of the branches and trunk. With feverfew it needs sunlight to germinate so sprinkle the seeds and lightly press it down but do not cover it with dirt! :) What zone do you grow in?

Report Reply

Reply by Kenneth

posted

I'm hoping to have a backyard garden at some point. I hope I can at least craft a plan this year and get the soil ready for planting even if I don't grow much this year. We do have space on the sides we usually grow peppers but I want to learn more about what's best to grow in my region. Also want to grow a few plants for medical purposes but have to learn more about that. This year will probably be learning than anything tangible 

Report Reply

Reply by simonharison

posted
updated

I had a great experience ordering lately a sofa online. I liked that it came in 5 days, the quality was excellent, and the colors were like in the photos. A friend of mine used to have some situations where she waited very long for her furniture to come, so we decided to check before if the furniture we are ordering is in stock and to look for the quickest delivery as it is sometimes so annoying to wait for months for it to come. So, instead of waiting for it for too long, we expect it to come in a couple of days. The last piece of furniture I ordered was from this page. Good luck with future orders!

Report Reply

Reply by reedread

posted

Gardening is such a rewarding activity, both in terms of the benefits it provides to your health and wallet. I love how versatile it is, too, you can make it as simple or elaborate as you want. I personally love reading different gardening blogs with tips and guides. Good luck!

Report Reply

Reply by powlaime

posted
updated

Hey there! I'm a fellow gardener, and I totally agree with you about the benefits of gardening. Not only does it save money on food, but the plants and herbs can even be used as medicine! I personally love using feverfew tincture for my migraines. And the best part is gardening can be as simple or elaborate as you want it to be. I'd love to hear about your plans or existing gardens. Let's connect and share tips and tricks to improve our gardening skills. Check out this helpful link https://www.happyhydro.com/blogs/news/planting-raised-garden-beds-complete-guide for more info on raised garden beds.

Report Reply

Reply by bagaver905

posted

TellCulvers surveyis accessible to all customers who purchase from Culvers. Culvers have launched an entirely new survey for their customers.

Report Reply

Reply by yijico3230

posted

Health Forms. Online form submission from any internet browser... Once filled out, the data is saved in axiUm's EPR forms, which the axiUm system can access.

https://patientguideblog.blogspot.com/p/best-dental-practice-management.html

Report Reply

Reply by siloh80051

posted

Log in to the Employee Login Portal: https://www.mynorthsidehr. Are you having login issues? Visit mynorthsidehr.com. Follow the steps for a ...

Report Reply

Reply by 8888

posted

I finally acquired my first ever space all to myself and I've felt really overwhelmed by it, also blessed. I have a front yard that is full of hard earth. I live in a dessert, anyone who has helpful tips on how to get the soil nutrient rich IM me, would love to gain some garden pals on here! 

Report Reply

Reply by Rahul

posted

Download Best Roblox Exploit Krnl 100% Free! Krnl is one of the most reliable Roblox exploits accessible in terms of script performance.

Report Reply

Reply by dalipov100

posted

I finally started my herb garden this past summer and I'm hoping my choices survive the winter. I've got lemon balm, peppermint, oregano, lemon thyme, chives (they didn't grow enough so we'll see), and my big ol lavendar bush. New Subway Menu and its prices

Report Reply

Reply by sayanesn294

posted

Take your health with you: Schedule appointments, E-mail your doctor, Get lab results, Track your health history, Request prescription refills, ...my mercy login

Report Reply

Reply by bagdisaloni

posted

Mymercy provides an internet-based platform which lets patients get access to their medical information, interact with their healthcare professionals and book appointments online.  mymercy.net login

https://mymercys.com/

Report Reply

Reply by mabim72257

posted

Enjoy ½ Price SONIC Cheeseburgers every Tuesday after 5pm when you order in the app or online when you're logged into your SONIC Rewards account.sonic menu with prices

Report Reply

Reply by hawom43103

posted

With 44 acute care & specialty hospitals, more than 700 physician & outpatient clinics throughout Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, Compassion is one of the largest U.S. health systems.

Mymercynet

Report Reply

Reply by vonidat338

posted

Gardening is a fulfilling and rewarding activity that allows you to connect with nature and create a beautiful outdoor space. Whether you have a sprawling backyard or a cozy balcony, setting clear goals for your garden can help you maximize its potential. Zaxbyslistens Survey

Report Reply

Reply by xihes42984

posted

Take your health with you: Schedule appointments, E-mail your doctor, Get lab results, Track your health history, Request prescription refills, Pay your ... log into my mercy account

Report Reply

Reply by cavis91104

posted

The services are smooth and the order is placed via intercom. If you love their slushies, onion rings, cheeseburgers, and milkshakes. You would surely want to know the inside scoop on Sonic Drive-In’s secret menu. sonic menu with prices

Report Reply

Reply by fehene2934

posted

Live IQ is a platform for Subway staff and partners. After you login to subwayliveiq.com as an employee, you get access to schedule shifts. liveiq subway

Report Reply

Reply by yafaniv294

posted

Hello there, I do think your blog could possibly be having web browser compatibility problems. Whenever I take a look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in I.E., it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up! Aside from that, fantastic blog! Click Here

Report Reply

Reply by xiwij64068

posted
updated

Underneath the urban landscapes, in the depths  live iq subway partners  of subway systems, lies a fascinating world of artistic expression and creativity.

Report Reply

Reply by vabiwok

posted

Safely access your Samsara dashboard by logging in. Follow your fleet and check all of your efficiency, compliance, and safety data.

Report Reply

Reply by kelay40309

posted

That's why we've put together this guide to help you discover low maintenance haircuts that are both trendy and easy to maintain. check this my post

Report Reply

Reply by kavexig409

posted

This versatile haircut involves burst fade seamlessly blending the hair from a longer length at the top to a shorter length on the sides and back.Fade Haircuts

Report Reply

Reply by kegako7490

posted

Now you can participate in this customer survey at www.walgreenslistens.com and you can get a chance to win $ 3000 as survey sweepstakes or rewards

Report Reply

Reply by bafar90630

posted

Welcome to our in-depth resource on San Diego's adored baseball team, the Bally Sports Padres.

Report Reply

Reply by jonsan5478

posted

Mathematics is a subject that plays a crucial role in our lives. From simple calculations to complex problem-solving, math is an essential skill that we use in various aspects of our daily routine. However, mastering math can be challenging for many students.

VISIT MY SITE = mathswatch login

Report Reply

Reply by dawohod304

posted

Clean up your inbox instantly. Leave Me Alone makes it easy to unsubscribe from unwanted spam so you stop receiving emails from sites like Walgreens.

Report Reply

Reply by popecog656

posted

With a quirky mascot named jacklistens the restaurant has managed to captivate customers with its unique marketing campaigns and diverse menu offerings.

Report Reply

Reply by nicape5458

posted

Enter Walgreens Listens Survey for a chance to Win $3000 at walgreenslistens.com. Share your experience with Walgreens and help them improve their service.

Report Reply

Reply by valexox198

posted

Fully cooked. Kick your crave up a notch. White Castle invented the original slider. Then we invented the cheese slider. Menu for white castle

Report Reply

Reply by sijorom542

posted

Reply by dunkinDonuts46

posted

In this article, we’ll examine Dunkin”s coffee menu pricesWe will also give suggestions on how you can get a better deal on getting your Dunkin’ Cafe fix.

Report Reply

Reply by oklunch

posted

This summer I really want to attract a mantis to my garden! No serious reason, I just think they're cool and plan to plant what they seem to like and can eat smaller insects off of

Report Reply

Reply by oklunch

posted

This summer I really want to attract a mantis to my garden! No serious reason, I just think they're cool and plan to plant what they seem to like and can eat smaller insects off of

Report Reply