« Back to the The Gothic Corner Forum

Hi im a baby bat and i need some tips on stuff!

Hi my name is Lyric and im a baby bat! I have a strict dad. No makeup, No nail polish, No long hair etc. but i really wanna dress trad goth. Is there any tips anyone has that might help? thank you!! :))))

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by AnnChovie

posted

I would suggest looking at thrift shops for coats, basic shirts that you can layer and whatnot. Keep your eye out for a jacket that matches your vibe, I've found the right coat can take almost any basic outfit and goth it up a bit. Also, accessories! necklaces, crosses and bracelets can add a little extra spice to a basic fit lol best of luck!! My parents didn't like me dressing goth when I lived with them either so I get it

Report Reply

Reply by .+* aurora *+.

posted
updated

I think a lot of long clothes (long black skirts, long trench coats, etc) can look good as part of a tradgoth look :] I’m kinda a babybat too and I had a strict dad so I get how hard it is but I hope you’ll be allowed to express yourself better soon! also rings and layered necklaces look great!!

Report Reply

Reply by Aruna ꩜

posted
updated

layering sheer/ fishnet long sleeve under shirts big band tee or a lace top midi dresses/ skirts looser pants with a bunch of buckles/straps/zippers/pockets any kind of funky shoe or basic boots long coats diy is everything

if you can’t do the classic hair styles get some hair wax and use it while yer hair is a little wet and make it kinda spiky then dry shampoo it 
big chunky bracelets and necklaces 
and keep the color palette like emerald green black deep purples and reds brown (if you still want color those combos always look nice)

hope this helps!!

Report Reply

Reply by Oser

posted

Some things that might help are to get a leather jacket or a long/trench coat. It will make an outfit look more edgy. If you like the trad goth look id reccomend styling your hair, and maybe purchasing a black button up. Accesories are important as well, stick to silver jewelry, you can really do whatever you want with that. Good luck!

Report Reply

Reply by XxDesmondxX X3

posted

If you're in school I don't recommend trench coats (Unless you're school allows them ofc Everyones dress code is different) You said no make up so I suggest getting a simple black eye liner. Either when you're shopping by yourself or with some friends and hiding somewhere!

As for fashion it's all about the layers! Long sleeve shirts under band tees and maybe a leather jacket that you can sew homemade patches (Or patches that you buy) on it! Try to find some baggy black jeans and layer belts and or pant chains! This is how I got away with dressing gothic without my mom yelling at me for dressing in mostly/all black! Hope this helps

Report Reply

Reply by cr4bshk

posted
updated

Honestly some black fabric dye can transform a warderobe or pieces you find at thrift stores. Just make sure you check what fabric youre dying. Also if youre crafty, soda cans can be used to make chains (the tabs) or even spikes, just be carefull with the sharp edges! If you have bic lighters, you can use the removed safety pin to clamp onto edges of jackets, shoes, etc for a metal accent somewhere. Make your own pathches and band shirts, and you can make your own pins with bottle caps and soda tabs.

Report Reply

Reply by xbattykatx

posted

its all good remeber it is a music based subculture to<33

Report Reply