« Back to the Technomancers Guild Forum

It's the early 2000s all over again

Let's not get all ubercapitalist and fuck this up. Instead of talking about what rig you just dropped bajillions of dollars on, what are you running now to keep it in service and keep it real?!

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by 333voidGirl

posted

i run on a dying hp laptop, hoping to get something better soon, and i barely remember any html i learned in school but im trying to get caught up again now that i actually have some interest in it

Report Reply

Reply by SpookyZalost

posted
updated

My PC is like 2011 hardware, granted it's good 2011 hardware and very futureproof for the time but it works for me.

AMD FX 8350 8core cpu at 4.8ghz overclocked with an AIO liquid cooler (upgraded from aircooling about 5 years ago to push the limits of the CPU.)
32gb of DDR3 1866mhz ram. (up from 16 about 8 years ago)
120gb SSD for windows 10 (was originally 8.1 but was forced to windows 10 for Cyberpunk 2077, used for stuff my main OS can't run for some reason or another.)
1TB SSD for ubuntu linux 22.04 (my daily driver and gaming OS of choice)
2TB HDD for storage.
Geforce GTX 1060 GPU
PCI-E X1 parallel/serial port card.
BDRW/DVDRW/CDRW drive (waited for years for the price to go down, was acquired to replace my dead DVDRW/CDRW drive.)

this
shares my desk with a winXP/DOS dual boot PC I restored with a floppy
drive, and a macbook G4 laptop, and an IBM PS/2 model 50 (286) for compatibility and testing stuff.

The macbook was rescued from a recycler.

The XP/DOS machine was actually built from scavenged parts taken out of dumpsters around the local college campus.

The 286 is why I have a serial/parallel port card, because finding networking hardware that supports MCA can be a pain but a null serial cable works wonders.
Was found at an estate sale back in highschool and has the dos prompt modified to have green text instead of white.

Report Reply