« Back to the The Rawring 20s! (2000s Emo/Scene) Forum

Opinions on e-kids?

personally, I'm not a huge fan mostly, but i do lean towards it, kind of because its a little bit of all i can get in regards to alt generally, but I'm interested to hear others' thoughts!

(also ik it can be a bit polarising to discuss so pls dont be mean to people :'3)

Report Topic

29 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Hatch

posted

Scene, emo, and mall goth kids were treated and viewed the exact same as E-kids are now. So keep that in mind regardless of opinion

Report Reply

Reply by Ashpocalypse

posted

the way they dress is cool but since its not a music based subculture i wouldnt consider them alternative personally

Report Reply

Reply by xX_maxxy.kalamity_Xx

posted
updated

i actually think the aesthetic is rlly cool, i kinda hate the hyperpop music but tbf i did go through an hp phase law :P as for the kids themselves, i always hate how theyre calling themselves goth or emo, like everything is great but theyre always getting the subculture wrong lawl >_<

also emos scene kids and mall goths were treated like posers too so i think once time passes ppl wont hate them so much, - a scenemo kid xD

Report Reply

Reply by Alyx

posted

I feel like us older scene/goth/emo kids walked so that E-kids could run today. I feel as if our generational trauma got put to an ok use I suppose. 

Report Reply

Reply by Mignonne Nookington

posted

Definitely agree that the E-Girls / E-Boys are the evolution of Emo, though I'm sad that the style is a little less "daring" and more "uniform" in a way. Either way, even if I miss the Emo / Scene Days, I'm glad to see kids expressing themselves and finding their community!

Report Reply

Reply by bonezies

posted

i dont think they are considered actually alternative but they cool :) some are mean to me though :<

Report Reply

Reply by STINGRAY

posted

I THINK THEYR RELLY KEWL !!!! IDK if id count dem az alternative, necessarily, BUTZ I luv how they drezz !!! I think itz TOTEZ SWAGGRZ !!! I luv n support ekidz w mai wholeeee HART !!! ^3^ <3

Report Reply

Reply by 🖤💙️Sarah T️💙🖤

posted

Personally I'm not really into it since it seems to "polished" and "uniformed" for me, but I do like some of the accessories that they wear.

Report Reply

Reply by xxskye.skylinexx

posted

meh. let them do them its not hurting anyone really, gotta remember emo and scene kids were treated the same way back then 

Report Reply

Reply by xx_userx3

posted
updated

they have a nice style, sometimes it can be too much... all in all i am not a fan because there is not a specific genre they listen to and 90% of them call themselves "emo kids" just because they are *sad* or wear dark clothes. It's like the mgk thing.

Report Reply

Reply by Xxlizard06xX

posted

A lot of people here are saying the essence of what I'm thinking. But just to put it into more perspective, just as emos, for some reason are called wannabe goths, I don't imagine any scenario at the moment where it would be acceptable to ridicule e-kids by calling them "wannabe emos". I also, as a result, rather than hating them, feel I should support them.

Report Reply

Reply by pr0mz0mbie2005xD

posted

eh, they're alright. my only problem is that ppl often mix up e-kids, emo kids, and scene kids. 

Report Reply

Reply by Izmael :p

posted

Su estilo no es malo, sin embargo pienso que es un estilo basado en el gótico moderno y un tanto emo, y creo qe no le dan los creditos a los estilos correspondiente xD

Report Reply

Reply by Izmael :p

posted

Su estilo no es malo, sin embargo pienso que es un estilo basado en el gótico moderno y un tanto emo, y creo que no le dan los créditos a los estilos correspondientes xD

Report Reply

Reply by irl sparkle bug

posted

my only problem is that some of them are kind of mean and a lot of the platforms they use are really toxic or weirdly against certain things, but I wouldn't be so wary of them otherwise!

Report Reply

Reply by Xx.G0dz1ll4.xX

posted

They just the TikTok version of MySpace era

Report Reply

Reply by Gersemi

posted

They are full of rage and desire, they could go far if they weren't so hormonally horny for each other

Report Reply

Reply by Starr

posted

As of now alot of e-kids are made fun of because its "cringe" now as the trend is over I personally like the style its cool but not for me i'm more scene 

Report Reply

Reply by Starr

posted

As of now alot of e-kids are made fun of because its "cringe" now as the trend is over I personally like the style its cool but not for me i'm more scene 

Report Reply

Reply by XxCasper/CasxX

posted

I feel like e-kids get way too much hate honestly, the style isn't rlly 4 me but people r too harsh!

Report Reply

Reply by zuzu 0//0

posted

Everyone is free to like different things buuut e-kids won’t ever be like emos/scenes and goths 

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

While E-Kid culture isn't a proper subculture just yet, more of a fashion/aesthetic style, it should be treated with respect. The kids are expressing themselves, just like we all did at their age. Only times they should be criticized is if they do actually dangerous or offensive stuff (e.g. dancing on graves/tombs - I remember this blowing up ages ago in the Goth scene and many Goths weren't happy about it).

Report Reply

Reply by xxRebellious_Emmaxx

posted
updated

They're a bunch of posers, plain and simple. I especially hate it when us emos are confused with those stupid poser kids. >:(  :disgust:

Report Reply

Reply by XxDespairFactionAshtonxX

posted

I don't mind them. They're their own subculture. They have their own fashion and music tastes, and they seem to have a lot of fun in their own little community. I think people on the outside often mistake them as emo but its not the subculture's fault cause they don't really fully commit to the emo label half the time. Plus it seems they have a lot of inclusion to non-white kids and regardless of what kids say these days, rap WAS a counterculture to mainstream, and hardcore rap still is. Emotional rap is. So that technically makes them alt whether people like it or not. And who's to say they're not listening to y2k emo bands? You cant just assume everything about a person just because of their fashion choices and aesthetic. They could listen to Lil Peep but they could also be throwing down to Alesana for all we know. If there was anything that was a core value to emo culture it was to never judge a book by its cover and that in the end we were all outcasts. Fuck acting traditionalist, that shit is facsh talk. That's not punk at all. 

Report Reply

Reply by XxxxhYp3R_p0pxxxX

posted

1. I don’t really like them..I’ll be polite to them, but I don’t know, I feel like they change their aesthetic every week. Nothing wrong with finding your style but they completely change the aesthetic, music, and their entire personality every week based on what the internet likes

Report Reply

Reply by emi!!!!!!!!!!!

posted

They're cool, I mean I think the styles are cute but I dont think they're alt. As long as they arent jerks im fine with them.

Report Reply

Reply by killerslapy11

posted

idk like they just think are cool or smt but they aren't.

They just don't know what they want to be and for that they dress cringe and acting really dumb.

Sorry don't want to sound rude but i just  don't like them.  

Report Reply

Reply by ☣︎𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔢𝔫☣︎

posted
updated

!Long reply incoming that is like 2 years late!

I have personally never really interacted w e-kids but I have heard that some can come across quite rude. I think their style is cute but would never really wear myself. If they're even considered alt I would say they're like the most liked and praised style for some reason, possibly because its more aesthetically pleasing to the 2020s and in my personal opinion is the  most basic style in the alt community. Tbf I have no clue what music they listen too and as far as I know, it is not a music based subculture so I don't even know if it is considered alt. In my personal opinion I would class them as alt in fashion terms because you don't really walk in your local town and see many people dressed in an e-kid manner (even tho I would say most alts I've seen in public are e-kids) but that's possibly as far as it goes in terms of being alternative. I just feel like the style dose not allow itself to take risks like scene kids do with their hair or trad goths with their makeup (few out of many examples) and defo feels bland, which is quite weird for an "alt" fashion subculture because that is one of the main purposes to dress alt is to stand out and be youself as well as proper daring (opinion). Tbf their outfits without accessories are just plain coloured shirts and pleated skirts. If my nan (grandma) were to try and dress me alternative she'd go for this ngl, to me this style also feels very copy and paste to me and idk why. Ngl when those certain types of men say they want a "goth girl" they're really only referring to e-girls with 10k Only Fan subs and would bark at an actual goth. I feel like also being an e-kid comes down to a lot of pretty privilege also, If is see an e-kid on my tiktok for you page who may not be considered as attractive as Belle Delphine or Pokimane then they get hollered and laughed at. Idk my personal opinion, no beef at all w e-kids also as I said their style is quite cute and every subculture has its pros and cons :)!!

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

Not a proper subculture yet, more a fashion movement, but other than that who the fuck cares? If they are happy, that's all that matter.

Report Reply