« Books and Stories Forum

is it worthy reading the twilight series?

Posted by Lillith

posted

Forum: Books and Stories

did you ever read it? can you tell me what you think?

yes, i know how "badly written" it is, but i guess doing things for the 'aesthetics' is the only thing that motivates me at all. like watching movies because the images are works of art, and not because of the script or anything. just because i love many things about the movies, i would like to read the books while having some good coffe, would it be worthy my time?

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by xXvenombunnyXx

posted

I enjoy reading the books, although they are definitely super cheesy. the writing is okayish, but sometimes the way Stephenie Meyer describes the Native characters is iffy.The movies are awful tho lol, i just watch them for taylor lautner wolfin around. 

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

"

It was an article that was published on the same blog as the first. The article was titled "How to be a Good Man and a Good Person." It was written by an anonymous author and published on that website in the first year. I have read all the articles and read it. It was the article that was most likely written by the anonymous author. It has not been reviewed by anyone. It is a piece of work that was posted on that site and is a work of art and art of the author. It has been published in a number of places. I believe that it should be reviewed. I am also not saying it should be removed or changed, it was not published by anyone and was written in a manner that would have made the author of the article happy and that it was written by a person who did not have a job or who did not like to read it. I do not believe that this article has been reviewed.
"I do not believe that any of this should be allowed to happen."

The article that I was referring was written by the same person who did the original piece.

I think it should be taken seriously and that the person responsible for this should not be removed from the blog or any website, or the person that wrote it.

If I am correct, it is a piece of work and a work of art, that should be taken very seriously. I have seen a lot of things on this site that were written about this, I do not think this should be taken as a criticism. I have not seen this as anything that I would have said or written about. It is just that this was written about the person who had an issue with it. This is not an opinion, it is not a fact that I would say. I do not have an issue with it, this was just written about someone else, it was not written in an offensive manner and that I did not agree with or support of. I think that the author should have been given some consideration.

The author did not write anything that I believe should not be allowed in the article.

I believe the article should have not been removed from that blog, that is not an article. I believe the article should not have been reviewed.

Report Reply

Reply by Ardent Melody

posted

I've waffled about whether or not to read through Twilight or not, and ultimately decided no. I read a few chapters of the first book way back and was bored out of my mind. Nothing I've read about the books since then has encouraged me to revisit them.

Life is too short to read books that bore us.

Report Reply

Reply by KONSTANTIN

posted

I am an ironic lover of the movies, but the books were genuinely unbearable. Scenes drone on and on forever and it makes me want to fall asleep. 

Report Reply

Reply by Cole

posted

I am reading them now. They can be a little cringy but I still think it’s worth reading them. There is a lot more details and information in the books. 

Report Reply

Reply by Macie Acaisha

posted

They are absolutely awful, 1000/10 recommend you should definitely read lol. Do it.

Report Reply

Reply by ✨Haley✨

posted

Personally, I enjoyed them. I was in my early 20’s when they were published. Would I read them again? Probably not. My taste has changed. 

Report Reply

Reply by Bee

posted

Yes. Reading the Twilight series is an ✨experience✨ I can never get back the pure delight my tween self went through reading them for the first time. I don’t think I could reread them though  

Report Reply

Reply by Echo

posted

I couldn't through one book and I love anything vampire, the scenes were boring, characters uninteresting and the relationships gave me an ick. If you really want to read them by all means go ahead but I'd recommend getting them second hand cause they aren't worth paying full price. 

Report Reply

Reply by gwendolynn

posted

i've got a strange obsession with the twilight saga, so anything i say will be extremely biased. it's genuinely a good book series but people take the characters' personalities way out of hand and make it seem really dumb. it is very cheesy but overall it's good if you dont mind all the weird stuff (i.e. edward watching bella sleep).

Report Reply

Reply by ali

posted

Okay so as much as i make fun of them, I have read all of them multiple times Once you get into the groove of them for me personally they become like- addictive and I read them very quickly. You might want to be prepared to slam the book closed in cringe for some points though. 

Report Reply

Reply by Nymph

posted

Reply by XxeviexX

posted

i just finished the entire main twilight series, so let me tell u:

this book made me want to throw it. but only sumtimes :)

2 me, it feels like the author stayed up really late writing, and u can kinda tell by the way the writing moves between good and bad. in my opinion, it is worth the read. most of the time. 

:)

Report Reply

Reply by Hamed M.

posted

I read the first 5 or 6 chapters of the first book, it was really interesting, but it kinda lost me when i reached that part where Edward keeps awkwardly telling Bella "I'm danger, stay away.. no let's be friends" kinda of scene.. it was too messed up and too long to keep track on while reading.. and honestly i don't see myself continuing the series even though i wanted to.

Report Reply