« Life Forum

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Posted by Cassandra

posted

Forum: Life

Probably adopting my brothers kids, and going to nursing school to become a respitory therapist for kids. 

Report Topic

88 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Megz

posted

Okay so this is tough for me. I'm about to be 35 and I am getting a divorce and starting my life over. I'm moving to another town, looking for another career, and moving from a 2 bed room home with a sun room to a one bedroom or studio apartment. No big deal for me, more frustrating for the 4 cats. So I would like to hope in 10 years I figured some shit out. Maybe got better at cooking. I hope I travel more and read more. And go back to college and do something fun with my life you know. 

I have changed so much in the last 10 years. I have grown a lot as a person. I'm nicer and more calm and content and not scared to be alone with myself anymore. So I'm thinking at this pace I should be able to hit enlightenment or nearly there in 10 years. 

Report Reply

Reply by Cloudy

posted

Honestly, I'll be happy just to get through the next decade at this point. Would be nice to be done with trauma therapy though, and maybe even getting my mortuary license. Not sure it'll happen by then though.

Report Reply

Reply by Rita

posted

In 10yrs I hope to have maybe 2 kids, happily married and making enough money so that I can support my parents after they retire. I'm doing pretty good right now but I still have room to grow and do better.

Report Reply

Reply by Tayla Gaffney Blake

posted

Hopefully, at the same job that I am at now, but with lots and lots of cats and I can be the next crazy cat Lady

Except, I won't be throwing them at people

Report Reply

Reply by King_Corduroy

posted

Hoping I'll be married with kids, still tinkering with computers and have a single story ranch house. That's the dream anyway, got step one done already which was get a real job now I just gotta kill some time and rack up the money. lol

Report Reply

Reply by Danny

posted

10 years from now I hope I’m still enjoying life as I’m now with my family and friends. 

Report Reply

Reply by Cashlin

posted

Just hopefully more successful and happy. I guess envisioning a future also involved envisioning a future with a better society and world which is tricky and we don't always have much power or influence over that. It's also hard to identify which goals would truly provide the most value. If I could save up more money going back to school could be a good move, or maybe it wouldn't serve me. For these reasons it seems better sometimes to just have a really positive general intent like meeting good people and doing good things and enjoying life and just being present for it

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Lam

posted

On the next version of MySpace. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kindness Queen

posted

A kindness activist having better control of my anxiety and just being a good mom to 2 adopted kids at least I want adopt anyway yeah

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Melody

posted

Prolly mid life crisis..

Report Reply

Reply by Nik 11

posted

Wow, mmm I think that with a good job and away of my mother's house.

Report Reply

Reply by Kitsune

posted

Mental hospital.

Report Reply

Reply by moopuries

posted
updated

in ten years i'll be 25, so im still very young. i have no idea what i want to do with my life yet, so hopefully i have a job and moved out of my toxic household. i would like to have met up with my internet best friends, that i've known for about 2-3 years now and they helped me out of my darkest times. they're like my family and i don't know what i'd have done without them. i wanna be able to have enough money to travel, and buy a van. hopefully me and my girlfriend are still dating, and i'll also buy a pet cat, since i wanted one ever since i was a little kid. i'll also possibly had top surgery, or at least saving up for it. maybe i'll also finally be cured of my depression, and no longer need meds because of escaping my home and living the way i wanted to.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝒛𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒐

posted

in ten years i'll be necroposting this thread again

Report Reply

Reply by james

posted

probably even more sad and depressed with we’re thinking realistically, but hopefully things stay positive for everyone and it’s nothing but happy vibes!

Report Reply

Reply by LuLu

posted

I'll be alive, I don't think we really die anyways, our soul survives our body.
Hopefully an art-therapist in my own cabinet, along with a lovely partner and many, many pets. I alos hope to build my own house out of reclaimed materials, and create my own garden following permaculture principles. Why not adopting children, I want to teach youger souls about music, arts, and nature.

Report Reply

Reply by Mason

posted

I dont know, maybe a cop?? life is throwing me curveballs so i cant really tell.

Report Reply

Reply by Eci

posted

Living in Portugal with a six figure remote job in the US.

Report Reply

Reply by Eci

posted

Living in Portugal with a six figure remote job in the US.

Report Reply

Reply by Suburban Guy

posted

lol i asked myself that 10 years ago

Report Reply

Reply by Emy

posted

I don’t even see myself being alive in the next 10 years but if I were I’d probably be some sort of basement dweller I wouldn’t have the energy to get a job, I should really get my life together. But I could also see myself having tons of cats Lmfao

Report Reply

Reply by Kinnie

posted

When I try to imagine myself myself 10 years in the future I see... nothing but not to be a debby downer here's what I hope I'll have/be:

A uni graduate with a decently paying job that I don't hate (and job/life separation to the max) who's mentally doing well, has control of her life, is the best aunt to her friend's kids and maybe even has a girlfriend!

Report Reply

Reply by not_lain

posted

hoping im alive, with stable life/work balance, with a good living condition and have a good routine to remain healthy as much as possible

Report Reply

Reply by Arman

posted

Depending on how the world spins forward, I might just be in a beautiful wilderness living out the rest of my days on this planet while everyone else tries to leave it.

Report Reply

Reply by ✧ 𝙈 𝙖 𝙧 𝙯 火だ ✧

posted

probably with a bunch of money, a house, tattoos, a job i am very content with, the ability to fly out to music fests, maybe a kid?

Report Reply

Reply by Guava Paste

posted

My boyfriend and I as husband and wife, living in a house together with a baby.

Report Reply

Reply by Syrk

posted

Ten years from now... I just want to be healthy.

Report Reply

Reply by David Wolfe

posted

In ten years time, I'll see myself living in 2032.

And even that, I cannot guarantee.

Report Reply

Reply by nyl1s3

posted

Reply by Angela

posted

I just hope I'm happier and finally figured out what I want to do with my life. I hope I'm either an art teacher for little kids or I'm a tattoo artist in California:)

Report Reply

Reply by Angela AnaconDope

posted

probably similar to what i am now just with more experience, maybe move to tasmania

Report Reply

Reply by Robyn

posted

i hope i'll be successful by then. i want to achieve my dreams, live in my dream country, stable job and a fun life. i'll be 26 by then, so i also hope i get a partner too lolz. 

Report Reply

Reply by notcris

posted

I'd be in college, hopefully doing a major that I enjoy. Visiting my bf every time I have the time to see him. If I don't study abroad, then I would probably living in a better house with my parents. If I would be studying abroad then hopefully a dorm with nice roommates. 

Report Reply

Reply by whokilledjj

posted

Reply by bo$$i bae

posted

Reply by hila :)

posted

generation amount of wealth, famous and happy :).

Report Reply

Reply by iwtd

posted

Reply by 4cl1pc3lun4r

posted

honestamente, yo siento que me voy a morir joven es como una seguridad que tengo.

por eso mismo no creo poder responder esa pregunta

Report Reply

Reply by ★☆ VIRGIN_GERMS ☆★

posted

HAVING A JOB IN THE CONSERVATION FIELD, LIVING IN MY OWN SPACE, & ADOPTED 2 CATS!

Report Reply

Reply by Emo_Screamo

posted

Sleeping 

Report Reply

Reply by Alex

posted

Single and lonely lol

Report Reply

Reply by XxAcidFeverxX

posted

in 10 years from now i will be a reliable air traffic controller. I'll be backed by a bachelor's degree in linguistics and live in a small but cozy apartment. still emo, still rocking. 

Report Reply

Reply by Scaredd_xbb

posted

mmm, dentro de 10 años me veo estudiando psicólogia, viviendo un departamento lejos de mi familia, con 20 gatos, soltera y sin hijos, feliz viviendo mi vida libre sin preocupaciones ni estrés, rescatando a animalitos de la calle o dándole comida, mi mejor amiga y yo nos veríamos todos los días y salimos de compras.

PD: viviría la vida que tanto deseó

Report Reply

Reply by Liana

posted

Reply by Nico

posted

i have no idea, and that terrifies me. i have no aspirations, and no dreams. i only hope i still have a roof over my head

Report Reply

Reply by Paulfargeix

posted

I hope that I will realise my dream to become a commercial pilot and that I will be able to stay in my lovely country, Morocco.

Report Reply

Reply by Dino

posted

I am 17 right now, and I honestly have no idea. I have a dream how I want my life to be, but those dreams mostly don't come true. I am posting this here cause I am curious if in a few years I'll find this reply back and have a geniune answer.

Report Reply

Reply by Fishingforpie

posted
updated

Reply by Nakatomi

posted

In 10 years time i hope that im doing well and just live my life 

Report Reply

Reply by earth angel

posted

i'll be 25 years old. it's really hard for me to predict my life beyond school, but i hope to be living in places big enough to dance in. i say places plurally because i will hopefully be moving around a lot before i find one place to stick to. i will be fluent in spanish by that point so i'll have a lot of options to choose from. my agenda will be to find places and people to make art with: choreography, film, writing and who knows? maybe something completely unheard of. 

i want to teach dance all over the world, i want to write a lot of everything. i want to be all soul and vulnerability, no timidity when approaching situations and making connections. i want to have conversations with all kinds of people and hear all kinds of music. i want to cook for people i love. i want to make my family proud.

when i'm 25 i will still be committed to creating a beautiful life for myself. my intuition will be heightened, i will trust the process more. i will be more forgiving of myself. my perfectionism will be long behind me. i will no longer hold tension in my sternum. i will get along with my little brother. i will shield myself from the terrible people in the world by being assertive and authentic.

i will no longer crave male approval. i will be better at believing in my art. my self value will no longer depend on the way my body looks. i won't overthink simple things. everyone i love will know how much i appreciate them. when i'm 25 i'll be sending warmth and reassurance to myself now.

Report Reply