« General Forum

do you think our generation is too soft or we just know right from wrong?

Posted by carti !!!!!

posted

Forum: General

i've been wondering to know what people's views on this topic are. so, do you think gen z is too soft or that we just know what's right and what's wrong and we aren't overdoing it.

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Dustin

posted

I've written and re-written so many responses to this question, and each time it leads to the same thing: the advancement of technology throughout the generations.

In the grand scheme of things, I think the idea of trying to summarize what a generation is and isn't is exactly what's wrong with creating these imaginary lines of separation between people based on when they were born.

With that being said, I don't think that Gen Z is any more "soft" than any other generation. I think there are "soft" people through every generation, but I don't think one is more dominant than the other. Gen Z certainly lives differently than previous generations. When I was a teenager, first being introduced to the internet and chatrooms, we asked people their "a/s/l?" which is, of course, their age, sex, and location. I never expected to live in a world where we instead asked someone their pronouns.  That's just an example of generational differences. It's neither right nor wrong, just different.

One might argue that Gen Z has it easier than Gen Y, but I would argue that that's a good thing. We as a human race should be striving to make life better and easier for the next generation. After all, isn't that how we progress and advance?

Report Reply

Reply by emolovestory

posted
updated

Honestly... 10 years ago when I was a kid growing up people's attitudes were the same... Like plenty of sensitive people but stemming from a strong aversion to hate and bigotry.

..I can't speak for much earlier than that because I would have been too young... but I can go back that far. Most schools in my region were definitely very strongly against bigotry back then and mine always had a no tolerance policy.

The problem exists because real bigotry happens to a lot of people. I can't blame people for being so sensitive knowing that. 

But I think people are better at packing together and expressing themselves in ways that grab public attention, and media platforms make sure you know about it. 

So my point is it seems people are getting more sensitive and soft but it's really that people are being heard more than ever and some are expressing themselves in new ways.

Report Reply

Reply by TheCornCob

posted

im an older gen z myself and have been around the internet probably since 2009ish (i was a kid with unsupervised internet access, thanks parents for not restricting me watching happy tree friends)

"sensitivity" and "soft" in this instance are just subjective terms with no real meaning on them, what is being called "soft" or "sensitive" and the ideologies older people have on cancel culture is extremely flawed, gen z, as a collective doesn't participate in cancel culture and cancel culture in turn either hurts good people or does nothing.

now, with my personal belief on my generation calling out general hate crimes when it happens and people from those communities educating others while providing proof and history isn't at all a bad thing, its how we make history not repeat itself which is the whole point of history classes in schools. its an amazing idea and im glad we can call out issues when it's apparent.

some of us are sensitive and will have bad takes but that goes for everything tbh, i just find that our generation is more open to accepting other people for who they want to be.

tl;dr: not sensitive, just very inclusive & caring of everyone.

Report Reply

Reply by Hatch

posted

People in the past couldnt handle Elvis music cause they thought it would corrupt their kids. I'd say we're the exact amount of soft at all times.

Report Reply

Reply by lily <3

posted
updated

in certain situations we do tend to dramatize the issue but overall i believe that we simply take others emotions into account and have far more empathy than the previous generations (or atleast show the empathy more). i believe this is a good thing. 

Report Reply

Reply by u.mirin.brah?

posted

Way too soft, sadly I am born in the 2000s so I'm technically part of this group. However, I would say that a huge majority of people especially in the 2020s are way too soft. They should learn from Zyzz lol.

Report Reply

Reply by ⁶⁶⁶ sie ʚ♡︎ɞ

posted

cant stand it. soft. 

Report Reply