« Back to the DIY or DIE (punk fan club) Forum

DIY

Give me your best DIYs<3 I like to rip up jeans when they get too tight so that they last longer(not much of a DIY but i can't think of anything else rn)

Report Topic

22 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by WEIRDORAMA 🛸

posted

I like to reuse the tabs I get from when I have canned iced tea :)) I'll put them on my chains and stuff 

Report Reply

Reply by ThatPunkGay

posted

One thing I haven't tried, But I have seen, Is you take Cans from monster, Or a coke or Something, Then you Cut the back and Flatten them, & Then cut holes all around the Can, Finally you can Sew the cans together to make Coke can Armor. I figure maybe if you paint it and Use them like Armored Patches that might be Cool.

Report Reply

Reply by Crocs

posted

i rlly love this beer cap buttons their fun iam just rlly sad becouse i lost my cap last weekend with a bunch of pins on it

Report Reply

Reply by A.Si

posted

I release and promote records :)

Report Reply

Reply by Kit 𖤐

posted

using bottlecaps and can tabs w safety pins 2 make button badges. 

Report Reply

Reply by Dante.not.daredevil.

posted

Making jewelry 

Report Reply

Reply by hunter

posted

reusing bottle caps & can tabs i find on the ground for pins & using old t-shirts for patches   

Report Reply

Reply by axel ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

posted

i like turning plastic bottles into self watering planters and i also really enjoy putting images onto bottle caps to turn them into pins >:D

Report Reply

Reply by em0c0r3_n3rd

posted

I make my own cassettes, create my own j-cards. I also record some stuff on my cassette player and then hand it to my friends. :)

Report Reply

Reply by partypoison

posted

I really enjoy making bottle-cap-pins, mostly bc it's pretty easy and cheap af, I also like making my own cds (as in burning them, mostly those of bands whose records aren't sold anywhere anymore)

Report Reply

Reply by ★AmazingLucas★

posted

i like to make band pins out of beer bottle caps and sew patches onto converse and put studs on them

Report Reply

Reply by raf

posted

recently patched up some ripped pants (don't ask) with a yoda patch.

Report Reply

Reply by Amoni

posted

I learned how to make spiders out of beads and wires which is super fun

Report Reply

Reply by madi

posted

I love drawing on used shirts that are either thrown out/nobody wants. I have a couple examples on my profile! I recently started making shirts for bands that I really like because tour merch can be $$$

Report Reply

Reply by Saint of Switchblade Fights

posted
updated

I found that the metal ends of pens can be used as studs if you find the right size screw to secure it! That, and soda tabs are super useful. They can be made into chainmail, chains, bracelets / chokers, or just sewn onto clothing. 

If you're looking for durability when sewing patches, I recommend fishing line or dental floss (or just good quality sewing / embroidery thread)

Report Reply

Reply by kaya

posted

my current fav is putting masking tape in the shape of a spiderweb on an old t shirt and cutting out the spaces in between to get a really cool design! im also planning on painting some shirts with bleach

Report Reply

Reply by RandomCactus

posted

Like everyone else I love the good old beer bottle cap and can tab buttons/pins. More than that though I like making rings with paperclips or nail polish. Real simple and fun, and I just love rings. Oh, and I also really like custom jewelry in general.

Report Reply

Reply by VX

posted

idk, maybe pins out of bottle caps, soda tabs and safeties. BUT recently I made a ballsack bag which is pretty cool imo, would post but idk how tf u post pics here ffs

Report Reply

Reply by Rowan

posted

i collect pop tabs and like making jewelry with them. i also saw a cool video idea where someone took their worn-out socks and made patches with them, which would be fun with any socks with anything on them (i have a lot of cat-themed socks so i bet i could make cat-themed patches lol).

Report Reply

Reply by Rowan

posted

idk how to reply to specific people and idk if you can but to the VX person that just posted, at the top there's an insert image button, so i think if you wanted to share photos, you would have to upload it to a site like imgur or something and then include the url. the insert image button is inbetween the insert link and paragraph formatting buttons if you don't know which one it is :)

Report Reply

Reply by ⭒☆Ky☆⭒

posted

u could make ALOT of stuff with old jeans. some ideas are mixmatching 2 pairs that are different colors or designs, i did that with some bermuda shorts I got (half black, half white) and u could also make battle vests, that one u should search online because I recently made one and it flopped :P

Report Reply

Reply by River is not a vampire

posted

Sewing patches onto your clothes. You can make patches using scrap fabric. For the actual sewing part get a needle and thread or dental floss and as for the skill of sewing ask one of your adults or watch a YouTube video. I hope this helps :)

Report Reply