« Back to the Foreign Language Learners Forum

why did you start learning the language of your choice?

for me the reason was my bf. i kinda need to learn german if i want to live in germany (or i mean i already do live here but uhh life is a struggle). apart from that, i would like to learn russian as i listen to a lot of russian music

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by SPR1NKL3Z DA SC3N3 K1D

posted
updated

Started learning Japanese bcuz I want 2 visit Japan 1 day, bcuz I listen 2 J-Pop and VOCALOID, and just 2 b able 2 watch anime w/o subtitles

Started learning Norwegian just bcuz of Tord from Eddsworld, who iz mah fav character (sharez spot w/ Edd), decided 2 pause on that

Started learning French for no reason, might drop it :^

Started learning Russian bcuz of APH Russia (Hetalia) but I think i'll drop it :^

Started learning Italian bc APH Italy (hetalia) lol

Started laerning Finnish for fun

(bonus: Started learning Spanish bcuz mai fam speakz it but I decided nawt 2 lolz)

so rn im just (trying to ) focus on japanese and finnish

Report Reply

Reply by Signum

posted

* im currently learning japanese because of the culture , and because of the language itself ! the rules and grammar structure and stuff like that interest me so much , and it's honestly really fun 2 learn :-]

Report Reply

Reply by taotm07

posted

I have family in germany and they've made me interested in german, but i don't think i'll visit soon, or speak the language at atleast b1 level any time soon

Report Reply

Reply by www.eden.com

posted

i'm learning spanish and filipino for my friends, and i'm learning japanese for career reasons!

Report Reply